Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

Unfortunately, though, the light and the darkness interact here on planet Earth...Comparing the light and the darkness, the opposite of E/c2 would be z (absolute zero)/ d (darkness)...

Natural z/d - Nothing, empty space.
Mental z/d - Again nothing but empty space.
Spiritual z/d - z (laziness, coldness, hatred) / d (fear, despair, greed, sorrow)

A correct spiritual E/c2 is an important ally to any faith. Which is why I became a Christian, because I found something of spiritual value. But… Because the mind and the heart are 16” apart… One can understand doctrine and still miss it spiritually…

“It is the heart which perceives God and not the reason. That is what faith is: God perceived by the heart, not by the reason.” - Blaise Pascal

When we feel out of the Spirit (E/c2) and into the flesh (z/d) it is time to make some changes…

In the Spirit - Impossible to depression
In the Flesh - Frequently to depression

“Evangelion” (that we call the gospel) is a Greek word, and signifies good, merry, glad and joyful tidings, that makes a man’s heart glad, and makes him sing, dance and leap for joy. - William Tyndale

Turning the clock back to 2800 BC to the first great emperor of China, Fu-Hsi, who saw trigrams fall down from heaven. The straight lines representing light (E/c2) and the broken ones darkness (z/d).
trigrams_evolution.jpg

fuhsi2.gif

So the light and energy (E/c2) pull upward while the lack thereof (z/d) pull downwards. These trends are also trends seen in the old testament book of Judges...

jj_zps4e279990.png

And I have edited them a tad to my liking...
YY_zps85069c14.png

By latching those in the Yin of darkness with correct teachings is what equips them to move out of their darkened world into a life of light and energy in the great outdoors. And from a Christian perspective... And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: - John 1:4-6

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A while back I became fascinated with the imagery of the I Ching

I Ching phrases and symbols

1:1 The dragon lying low (a situation is dormant)
1:2 The dragon arises in the field ( is about to happen)
1:3 The dragon is ready to leap (is starting)
1:4 The dragon is flying (in the middle of the situation)
1:5 The dragon is at its limit ( at the climax of the situation)
1:6 The dragon is haughty (the situation is dragging out past its time)

2 Care only for plowing & weeding, ask not for the harvest (Fruition is for next generation)

2:1 Treading on hoarfrost, winter is at hand (observe small signs to know what is to come and prepare)

2:4 Tie up the bag (restrain oneself in unfavorable situations)

2:5 Yellow Garment (Able to walk in the central path with humility)

3:3 Before sprouting the root must penetrate deeply (patience)
3:3 Chasing deer with no guide (acting blindly)

3:4 The waterfront pavilion gets the moonlight first (Have positive attitude in approaching light)
3:6 Mounting a horse but still not moving forward (Restraint)

4:1 Education without words (Deeds and example)

5:5 Waiting with wine and food (self confident calm waiting)

7:3 The multitude returns with wagon loads of corpses (improper leadership)

8:5 Driving game on three sides (welcome those who come)

9 Clouds condense yet no rain (accumulation of strength is not enough)

10 Walking forward with shoes (moving forward with firm steps)
10:3 Treading upon a tiger’s tail (Handle danger with caution)

11:1 Pulling out a reed, other roots come with it (associations)
11:2 Fighting a tiger with bare hands and crossing a river bare foot (great courage)
11:6 Castle wall returns to mote (decline)

12:5 Forget not! Forget not! (Remember the opposite of the present situation)
12:5 Tying up the trunk of mulberry trees (protecting home)

13:3 Ascend to high hills (Assess the situation)
13:3 Hiding fighters in the bushes (Defensive)
13:4 Mounting high walls (Obstruction)

14:2 Big wagon about to be loaded (Entrusted with important task)
14:3 The prince engaged in offering to the emperor (Honor those who have merit)

15:1 Engages in crossing great rivers (adventurous)

21:4 Biting dried boney meat (Something difficult to deal with)
21:4 Receives metal arrows (Act firm and straight)

25:3 The passerby gets the cow (unexpected misfortune)

26:4 Young bull horns with board attached (made safe)
26:5 Tusk of castrated bore (making something more gentle)

27:1 Spiritual tortoise (spirituality)

28:2 Old man takes a young wife (balance excess & insufficiency)
28:5 Withered willow produces flowers (unusual)

29:4 Jug of wine and two baskets of food (faithfulness & reverence)
29:6 A thicket of thorns (negative attitude)

30:3 Beat an earthen pot (enjoy life)
30 Raise a cow (Submission of those who are docile)
34:1 Strengthening the forward toes (Too early to move forward)
34:3 A ram butting against a hedge entangles its horns (opinionated and running wild leads to entanglement)
34:4 Strengthen the spokes of a big cart (Restrain before action)

35:4 Proceeding forward like a rat (without direction & greedy)

38:1 Lose a horse, do not chase, it returns of its own accord (To smooth misunderstanding takes time & patience)
38:3 Tattooed forehead and nose cut off (punished)

43:4 Tie up a ram, regret vanishes (Best to tie a rope but let it move on its own)

44:2 Fish in a grass sack (restrained negative forces)
44:5 Willow twigs wrap the melon, concealing brilliance (tolerate others but restrain evil influences)

46:3 Growing upward into empty village (moving into the unknown)

47:2 Exhausted with wine and food (over indulged)
47:3 With rocks resting on thorns and thistles (difficult to advance or retreat)
47:5 With scarlet kneecaps (restricted)
47:6 with creeping vines (capable of self examination)

48: you can move a village but not the well
48:1 mud in the well (nobody can drink)
48:2 bucket leaks (not getting the full value)
48:3 well is dredged (a person of wisdom time of appreciated has not yet come)
48:4 well is tiled (time to prepare for the future)

49:1 Bound with the hide of a yellow ox (consolidate forces)
49:5 changes like a tiger (merits are brilliant and distinct)
49:6 changes like a panther (changes with the season)

50:1 climbing over nine hills (escaping)
51:3 going forward like thunder (reformation)
51:6 the in-laws gossip (political alliance)

52:5 keeping jaws still ( knowing when to talk and not talk)

53: Swan (process of gradual development)
53:1 The swan approaches the shore (beginning and not yet mature)
53:2 The swan approaches the cliff (safe haven)
53:3 The swan approaches the plateau (dangerous)
53:4 The swan approaches the tree (not suitable)
53:6 The swan approaches the avenue in the sky (free like the clouds)

54:1 Lame on one leg, still able to walk (act in accord with one’s position)

55:2 Staying at a lodge with one’s belongings (safe and comfortable)

57:2 Proceeding humbly underneath the bed (too humble, lacks self confidence)

59:1 Engaged in rescuing with a strong horse (rescuing a situation with speed)

60:1 Not going out of the inner court (restrains and acts cautiously)

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
John Wesley was almost in despair after a disasterous trip to America and loosing his dad. He did not have the faith to continue to preach. When death stared him in the face, he was fearful and found little comfort in his religion. To Peter Böhler, a Moravian friend, he confessed his growing misery and decision to give up the ministry. Böhler counseled otherwise. "Preach faith till you have it," he advised. "And then because you have it, you will preach faith." On May 24th, 1738 he opened his Bible at about five in the morning and came across these words, "There are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises, even that ye should partakers of the divine nature." He read similar words in other places. That evening he reluctantly attended a meeting in Aldersgate. Someone read from Luther's Preface to the Epistle to Romans. About 8:45 p.m. "while he was describing the change which God works in the heart through faith in Christ, I felt my heart strangely warmed. I felt I did trust in Christ, Christ alone for salvation; and an assurance was given me that He had taken away my sins, even mine, and saved me from the law of sin and death."

The heart strangely warmed… Which can be the beginning of wonderful things!

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
John Wesley was almost in despair after a disasterous trip to America and loosing his dad. He did not have the faith to continue to preach. When death stared him in the face, he was fearful and found little comfort in his religion. To Peter Böhler, a Moravian friend, he confessed his growing misery and decision to give up the ministry. Böhler counseled otherwise. "Preach faith till you have it," he advised. "And then because you have it, you will preach faith." On May 24th, 1738 he opened his Bible at about five in the morning and came across these words, "There are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises, even that ye should partakers of the divine nature." He read similar words in other places. That evening he reluctantly attended a meeting in Aldersgate. Someone read from Luther's Preface to the Epistle to Romans. About 8:45 p.m. "while he was describing the change which God works in the heart through faith in Christ, I felt my heart strangely warmed. I felt I did trust in Christ, Christ alone for salvation; and an assurance was given me that He had taken away my sins, even mine, and saved me from the law of sin and death."

The heart strangely warmed… Which can be the beginning of wonderful things!
Confirmation bias to the rescue.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

Unfortunately, though, the light and the darkness interact here on planet Earth...Comparing the light and the darkness, the opposite of E/c2 would be z (absolute zero)/ d (darkness)...

Natural z/d - Nothing, empty space.
Mental z/d - Again nothing but empty space.
Spiritual z/d - z (laziness, coldness, hatred) / d (fear, despair, greed, sorrow)

A correct spiritual E/c2 is an important ally to any faith. Which is why I became a Christian, because I found something of spiritual value. But… Because the mind and the heart are 16” apart… One can understand doctrine and still miss it spiritually…

“It is the heart which perceives God and not the reason. That is what faith is: God perceived by the heart, not by the reason.” - Blaise Pascal

When we feel out of the Spirit (E/c2) and into the flesh (z/d) it is time to make some changes…

In the Spirit - Impossible to depression
In the Flesh - Frequently to depression

“Evangelion” (that we call the gospel) is a Greek word, and signifies good, merry, glad and joyful tidings, that makes a man’s heart glad, and makes him sing, dance and leap for joy. - William Tyndale

Turning the clock back to 2800 BC to the first great emperor of China, Fu-Hsi, who saw trigrams fall down from heaven. The straight lines representing light (E/c2) and the broken ones darkness (z/d).
trigrams_evolution.jpg

fuhsi2.gif

So the light and energy (E/c2) pull upward while the lack thereof (z/d) pull downwards. These trends are also trends seen in the old testament book of Judges...

jj_zps4e279990.png

And I have edited them a tad to my liking...
YY_zps85069c14.png

By latching those in the Yin of darkness with correct teachings is what equips them to move out of their darkened world into a life of light and energy in the great outdoors. And from a Christian perspective... And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: - John 1:4-6
I don't think we can mix the light an darkness if yang and yin with the moral valance of light and darkness we give to the Biblical references.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't think we can mix the light an darkness if yang and yin with the moral valance of light and darkness we give to the Biblical references.
How about... This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is yang, and in him is no yin at all. - 1 John 1:15

I have read much into Lso-Tzu, Confucius, and we IChing and find comparisons to biblical references...

Love thy neighbor as thyself: Do not do to others what thou wouldst not wish be done to thyself: Forgive injuries. Forgive thy enemy, be reconciled to him, give him assistance, invoke God in his behalf. - Confucius Quote

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is yang, and in him is no yin at all. - 1 John 1:15
Not at all. Yin and Yang are natural aspects of reality and in the maximum of each is the beginning of the opposite.
In John there is no possibility for darkness in light. It is all metaphor for goodness and evil.

Both Yin and yang are part of creation and have their rightful and useful place. There is no moral aspect to them.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. Yin and Yang are natural aspects of reality and in the maximum of each is the beginning of the opposite.
In John there is no possibility for darkness in light. It is all metaphor for goodness and evil.

Both Yin and yang are part of creation and have their rightful and useful place. There is no moral aspect to them.
"He who knows the methods of change and transformation, may be said to know what is done by spiritual power." - Confucius

"One can stand still in a moving stream, but not in the world of men." –Japenese Proverb

About the time the Greeks were delving into this new field of philosophy, the Chinese were interpreting the IChing; the first written work (that I know of) that was written by the hands of men. This work hinted that the real nature of man is originally good, but it becomes clouded by contact with earthly things and therefore needs purification before it can shine forth in its native clarity. Having noticed that when the sun rose and peaked at the meridian, they developed the philosophy of the Yin and the Yang. In their view the heavenly forces pulled the sun up from its origin, and the earthly forces pulled the sun back down. It was in their belief that the same forces had identical impact on the spirits and lives of men. The IChing is a book that blends the influences of the light above us with the earth below us. The IChing format blends hexagons into 64 human situations. I have organized the situations into four areas…

AWAKENING:
The Newcomer/Getting Ahead
Gentle Penetration
Growth pains / Creativity
Acquiring Experience
Biding Ones Time
Service / Small gains
Wise counsel / Consideration
Acquiring Followers
Arresting of Decay
Influencing to Action!
Eliminating Obstacles
Help from above
Stepping carefully

PROSPERITY:
Growth / Great Gains
Overcoming Conflict
Fascination
Removing corruption
Joy / Energy
Advancement!
Prosperity!
Recovery / Progress
Rejuvenation
Leadership / In control
Unity
Tasks to complete:

COMFORT ZONES:
Peace / Modesty
Wealth / Public Image
Fellowship / Cosmic mean
Contentment
Goodness
Infiltration by inferior men
Regulations
Family life / Resting
Potentials fulfilled
Sincerity
Shedding excesses
Tasks completed

DISASTER AREA:
Endurance
Restraint..
Stagnation
Punishment
Adversity / Unappreciation
Culture shock
Danger / Obstruction
Revolutions
Alienation / Withdrawal
Strife / The Army

IChing2.gif

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Thoughts on the Tao (The Way) from Lao-Tzu according to Wen-Tzu
1. There was something created before heaven and earth which we call the way (Tao). The way is infinitely high, unfathomably deep. Enclosing heaven and earth, receiving from the formless, it produces a stream running deep and wide without overflowing. It absorbs the negative and emits the positive. In antiquity, the three majestic ones attained the order of the way and stood in the center, their spirits roamed with creation. 2. Great people are peaceful and have no longings; they are calm and have no worries.
4. Happiness has nothing to do with wealth and status, but is a matter of harmony. Real people embody this through open emptiness, even easiness, clear cleanness, flexible yielding, unadulterated purity, and plain simplicity, not getting mixed up in things. Cherishing the way of heaven, embracing the heart of heaven, they breath darkness and light, exhaling the old and inhaling the new.
5. When Confucius asked him about the way Lao-Tzu said: Strengthen your body, unify your vision, and the harmony of heaven will arrive. Concentrate your knowledge, rectify your assessment, and the spirit will come to abide. Virtue will be receptive to you, the way will be there for you. Keep yourself open, unminding that you may attain clarity and all around mastery.
6. Those who serve life adapt to changes as they act. Changes arise from the times, those who know the times do not behave in fixed ways.
7. When people lose their essential nature by following desires, their actions are never correct.
8. Anxiety and lament burn the heart, so sickness builds up. If people can get rid of all these, then they merge with spiritual light. Spiritual light is attainment of the inward. When people attain the inward, their internal organs are calm, their thoughts are even, their eyes and ears are clear, and their bones are strong. They are masterful but not contentious, firm and strong yet never exhausted. They are not excessive in anything, not or they inadequate in anything.
9. Changes in the times do not allow rest in the intervals. Time does not dally with people. That is why the sages do not value a huge gem as much as they value a little time. Time is hard to find and easy to loose.
10. Those who embody the way are free and never come to a dead end. Those who let their eyes and ears look at and listen to whatever they may tire their minds thereby and so lack clarity.
11. As heaven reaches its heights and earth reaches its depths, as sun and moon shine, as the stars twinkle, as yin and yang harmonize, there is no variations in any of this. Make the way right, and things will spontaneously be natural.
18. When people are caught up in social customs, they are bound physically and drained mentally, therefore they cannot avoid being burdened. 25. Feelings reach farther than words.
37. Quiet abstraction and lightness of heart are ways of nurturing life. Harmonious happiness is a way of securing virtue. When externals do not disturb you within, then your nature finds what suits it. If you always nurture life and embrace virtue, this can be called the ability understand the way. When that is the case, there is no stagnating blockage of the blood vessels, no accumulating energies in the organs.
39.Self-depreciation leads to failure in achievement and reputation. The way to heaven is to lower the elevated and raise the depressed.
40. The way of heaven is to revert after reaching a climax, and to diminish upon reaching fullness. Therefore the sages diminish themselves daily and empty their moods, not daring to be self-satisfied.
41. When the spirit is in the lead, the body follows with beneficial results; when the body is in the lead, the spirit follows with harmful results.
42. When your rank is high in the world, then your vitality and spirit are depleted daily, eventually to become dissipated and not return to the body. When the vitality, spirit, will, and energy are calm, they fill you day by day and make you strong. Therefore the sages keep nurturing their spirit, make their energy gentle, and flow with the way.
43. The way is so high there is nothing above it, so deep there is nothing below it.
54. When you do good you are encouraged; when you do ill you are watched.
55. If you mention peoples flaws, they resent it; if they see their own ugliness in a mirror, they think it's all right.
60. Sages have no strange clothes or weird behavioral patterns.
62. Those who do not worry about the chaos of the world but enjoy order in their own bodies can be engaged in conversation about the way. 65. Doing good is not for reputation, but reputation follows.
67. Human feelings are such that people submit to virtue rather than force.
75. For wise people good humor and serenity are life, perfect virtue and travelling the way are destiny.
81. Those who let go of the way and trust in intelligence are in peril. 86. When the way and virtue are present there is vigilance and diligence, a constant alert for danger and destruction. When the way and virtue are absent, there is indulgence and sloth, so destruction can come at any time.
87. When much is sought, little is gained. When prohibitions are many, little gets done.
91. Heaven gives to those who accumulate the virtue of the way.
95. When positivity erases negativity, all beings are robust. When negativity erases positivity, all beings decline. 97. When ideal people reach the way, the richness of virtue flows in them. Those who have hidden virtues will surely have manifest rewards; those who do good deeds in secret will surely have illustrious reputations. 102. Cruel strictness harms virtue.
109. People of old were sensitive but not possessive; people today are possessive but not sensitive.
121. When you are deeply in the way, your virtue is deep; and when your virtue is deep, then success and honor are achieved.
122. The heavenly energy makes the higher soul, the earthly makes the lower. Whenever they initiated projects, they would first calm their minds and purify their spirits.
136. A clear and calm social order is characterized harmony and tranquility, plainness and simplicity, serenity and freedom. In an orderly society, jobs are easy to keep, work is easy to do, manners are easy to observe, and debts are easy to repay. The more knowledge and ability there are, the more virtue declines; so perfect people are pure and simple, without useless complexity. *The Tao person never strive to appear great, which is how true greatness is achieved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Philosophies supporting progressive trends...

(1)Philosophy is a longing after the heavenly wisdom. (2)The worship most acceptable to God comes from a cheerful and thankful heart. (3)The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled. (4) A just and good man is not capable of being dishonored. (5) It use to be said that the man who struck his wife or son laid his hands on that what was most sacred. -Plutarch (1) A brave mans spirit its vigor soon regains. (2) I shall hurl the spear, but Jove (the Hebrew Jehovah?) directs the blow. (3) Enjoy such things as thou hast, for God will give one thing and withhold the other.* (4)There was a great confusion of tongues (The tower of Babel?) -Homerus *I pray thee, O God, that I might be beautiful within. * (2) No evil can happen to a good man, either in life or in death. (3) Man is a prisoner who has no right to open the door and run away. . A man should wait, and not take his own life until God summons him. (3) "If a man would move the world, he must first move himself. Socrates *A decent boldness ever meets with friends.*Light is the task where many share the toil. -Homer *(1) It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom.(2)Happiness springs from action. (3) It is cowardice to shun the trials and crosses of life. (4) I count him braver who conquers his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is the victory over self. (5) In the arena of human life the honors and rewards fall to those who show their good qualities in action. (6) There is a foolish corner in the brain of the wisest man. *(7) Hope is a waking dream. (8)Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. –(9)We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle *(1)He who lives well is blessed and happy. *(2) The soul of man is immortal and imperishable. *(3) It is my opinion that learning brings danger to youth. (1Cor.8:1- Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.) (4) *It is experience that causes our life to move forward by the skills we acquire, while the want of experience subjects us to the effects of chance. * (5)The virtue that is in us comes not from nature, nor is it taught, but it is put in us by the divinity. * (6) Unless the foundations of a family be properly prepared and laid, those who are sprung from it must be necessarily unfortunate. *(7) Wonder is the feeling of a philosopher; and philosophy begins with wonder. (8) He whom love touches not walks in darkness. *(9) As empty vessels make the loudest sounds, so they that have the least wit are the greatest blabbers. * (10) Virtue is a kind of health, beauty, and good habit of the soul. -Plato (1) Great men rejoice in adversity just as brave soldiers triumph in war. * (2) Calamity is virtues opportunity. (3)The foundation to true joy is in the conscience. *(4) Courage leads starward, fear toward death. -Seneca *How oft the darkest hour of despair breaks into the brightest dawn. (2) There is in the worst fortune the best chances for a happy change. -Euripides *It is easy to be brave at a safe distance (2)He that is discontented in one place will seldom be happy in another. (3)United we stand, divided we fall. -Aesop *Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo *Patience is the best remedy for every trouble. (2)Let deeds match words. -Plautus *The covetous man is ever in want. (2)Even as we speak jealous time flees- seize this day, and put little faith in tomorrow. -Horace *The Omnipotent Father, with his thunder made Olympus to tremble.(2) *Either do not attempt at all, or go through with it. *(3) My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope. *(3) There is no excellency without difficulty. (4) * If you count the sunny and the cloudy days of a whole year, you will find that the sunny days predominate. (5) *All men's gains are the fruits of venturing.(6) "Both fortune and love befriend the bold." –Ovid *Character is destiny. - Heraclitus *(1) Each day should be passed though it was our last. (2) *The opportunity is often lost by deliberating. (3) *While we stop to think, we often miss our opportunity. *(4)-If your actions are upright and charitable, be assured they will augment your power and happiness. *(5) Depend not on fortune, but on conduct. *(6) Let a fool hold his tongue and he will pass for a sage. *Never find your delight in another's misfortune. (7) *A rolling stone gathers no moss. (8) *Good health and good sense are two of life's greatest blessings. (9)*Bad is the plan that admits no change. *(10) Beware the fury of a patient man. -Publius Syrus (1)*The true worth of a man is to be measured by the objects he pursues. (2) *From Rusticus I received the impression that my character required improvement and discipline- (3) *Every man's life lies within the present; for the past is spent and done with, and the future is uncertain. (4) A mans worth is no greater than his ambitions. (5) In the morning let this thought be present: I am rising to a man's work. (6)Be satisfied with your business, and learn to love what you were bred to do. (7) *Our life is what our thoughts make it.(8) * To live happy is an inward power of the soul (9) *The one thing worth living for is to keep one's soul pure.-Marcus Aurelius (1) * A man of courage is also full of faith. (2)* The proof of a well trained mind is that it rejoices in the good and grieves at the opposite. * (3)We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink. (4)If you aspire to the highest place it is no disgrace to stop at second, or even third. (5)* Inability to tell good from evil is the greatest worry of man's life. *(6) Gratitude is not only the greatest virtues, but the parent of all others. (7)*There is no place more delightful than home. (8)In prosperity let us particularly avoid pride, disdain and arrogance. -Cicero *(1) Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. * (2)There is no sense in crying over spilt milk.* (3) A short saying often contains much wisdom. -Sophocles * (1) Shun idleness, it is the rust that attaches itself to the most brilliant of metals. (2) It is not love in which we should have painted blind, but self love. (3) The biggest reward for a thing well done is to have done it. -Voltaire *Virtue proceeds through effort.-Euripides *(1) Difficulties are things which show what men are made of. *(2) The man least dependent on the morrow goes on to meet the morrow cheerfully. * (3) He is a man of sense who does not grieve for what he has not, but rejoices in what he has. *(4)There is only one way to happiness, and that is to stop worrying about things that are beyond the power of our will . Epictetus Wise men learn more from fools then fools from wise men. -Cato *Ability and necessity dwell near each other.Pythagoras *They are able because they think they are able. -Virgil *(1) While we ponder when to begin it becomes too late to do. (2) We make a pretext of difficulty to excuse our sloth. -Quintilian

Upvote 0