• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

I am getting depressed.

Discussion in 'Disability & Chronic Health Issues' started by Norman70, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Norman70

Norman70 Member

+138
    Barbados
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you for your prayers, Mountainmanbob.
    I do hope others respond to my expressed interest in Christian Anarchy. Perhaps I am being led by the devil, not God.

2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+101,554
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :heart: God bless you and your precious wife, Norman. Praying for both of you and your household. (((hug)))

3. Norman70

Norman70 Member

+138
    Barbados
    Christian
    Married
    And thank you brinny for your prayers. Friends and family are not very supportive as long as we struggle on our own, with only God to keep us going. I guess if either my wife or myself goes down more seriously God will send some help. This website is all we have otherwise, I think Teilhard de Chardin might have been onto something.

4. brinny

+101,554
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Who is Teilhard de Chardin? (Continuing to pray Norman) (((hug)))

5. Norman70

Norman70 Member

+138
    Barbados
    Christian
    Married
    Teilhard was a Roman Catholic priest who upset his Church so they packed him off to China where he worked as an archaeologist. However he stayed with his Church and developed a theology based on theistic evolution.
    His writings are very difficult to comprehend, but simplistically he described God's Creation as moving from a geosphere through a biosphere and then into a noosphere (a sort of universal joining - the Internet!? - of mankind), culminating in an Omega point, the Second Coming of Christ.
    Wow! Heavy stuff. He has been considered as anticipating the world wide web, but I think the devil has stepped in.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. Norman70

Norman70 Member

+138
    Barbados
    Christian
    Married
    Jesus suffered physical pain beyond anything we could experience, for our sakes. But physical pain is relative, and He will not place upon us anything beyond what we are able to bare. This is the strength I gain from our Lord.
    I constantly ask Him to relieve me from my physical discomforts (which are mild compared to what many have to suffer), and my emotional distress. He tells me to hold fast for my wife's sake. So here I am, praying to God, and sharing my thoughts here online.
    God bless you all for reading.

7. Norman70

Norman70 Member

+138
    Barbados
    Christian
    Married
    Jesus suffered emotional pain, He sweated blood in the Garden of Gethsemene.
    Many years ago, before I was with my wife, although I did not realise it at the time, an emotional crisis caused my finger nails to go black. I did not lose any nails, I was doing relief work with infant children and, since I used a descant recorder with them I covered the nails with medical tape so that they could not be seen.
    Recently one small finger nail went black, and I also lost it. On both occasions my nails fully recovered with no medical intervention at all. I thank God. Thank you for reading.

8. Norman70

Norman70 Member

+138
    Barbados
    Christian
    Married
    To begin this post, I want to thank everyone for their prayers. Being a Christian website I know they are all very sincere.
    However, I struggle day after day to stay on the surface. I am not suicidal, I have my marvellous wife to provide all of my care although she is not 100% well, and we both have God.
    I sometimes lose faith in prayer, but our focus on God helps and we see Him as the Great Comforter. In my old age I do not see things getting any better. Family and friends send devotionals and supportive messages (like "Thank you God for another day, have a wonderful week"!?), but we do not get worldly support and we do not have the money to buy it. We are totally in God's hands.
    Thank you for reading this far, God bless you all.

9. brinny

+101,554
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :heart: Thank you for the response Norman. (((hug)))

10. brinny

+101,554
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :heart: God bless you Norman. Praying for you and your precious wife too (((hug)))

11. ChristianGirl_96

ChristianGirl_96 Member

+172
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
    These are my top tips for mental health problems:

Talk to a therapist. Open up to them. Ask them if they can recommend some good coping techniques. I appreciated the opportunity to vent.
    Exercise. Do you live near a gym? Do as much as possible. Go on short distance walks around the countryside. Research has shown that exercise is beneficial to mental health.
    Pray. When DS and DD were babies in the NICU I prayed frequently for them.

12. Norman70

Norman70 Member

+138
    Barbados
    Christian
    Married
    @ChristianGirl_96.
    Many thanks for your sound advice, unfortunately the first two suggestions are out of reach for me.
    A therapist could be good, but I would want a professional and they cost money, beyond my resources. Physical exercise is good but I am wheelchair bound. I do what I can whilst lying in bed.
    Prayer is good but like a strong drink the alleviation only lasts whilst I am doing it. The depression returns when I finish. God bless you.

13. Norman70

Norman70 Member

+138
    Barbados
    Christian
    Married
    I am having a bad weekend, this Easter. I have given up anti-depressant drugs months ago, but I am having an alcoholic drink in moderation. My wife is with me constantly, we are watching TV with the all of the accompanying Easter messages and worship.
    The problem with this sort of TV is that it only seems to depict healthy Christians, singing and happy. Their message is good but it is not helping me. Only my wife is doing that. Why?