I am an intrinsically disordered human being...

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
St Paul's burden was the 'marks of Christ' he had.
IE - stigmata - per the desire of St John Chrysostom to put his hands in the marks of Christ on St Paul in Rome.

Galatians 6:17
From henceforth let no man be troublesome to me; for I bear the marks of the Lord Jesus in my body.

If you know anything about St Pio - it was a difficult suffering to have. Especially in offering up the Eucharist.

Upvote 0

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
St Paul's burden was the 'marks of Christ' he had.
IE - stigmata - per the desire of St John Chrysostom to put his hands in the marks of Christ on St Paul in Rome.

Galatians 6:17
From henceforth let no man be troublesome to me; for I bear the marks of the Lord Jesus in my body.

If you know anything about St Pio - it was a difficult suffering to have. Especially in offering up the Eucharist.

Some people have thought he might be talking about stigmata, but really no one knows. Its an idea that did not arise until fairly late the medieval church, when stigmatics began to be seen. It wasnt an interpretation you see in the early church, probably because there really were not examples of stigmata in the earlier years of the Church. It was a medieval thing.

More likely, he was speaking metaphorically, or about the nature of Christs wounds, what they were a sign of, not the actual wounds themselves.

People have come up with a lot of pious interpretations over the years. Just like some now think maybe he meant homosexuality, because that is a popular thing, people in the medieval period thought it might mean stigmata, because that was a popular thing.

Upvote 0