Indiana
✟15,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’ll start from the beginning. Ever since I read about the unforgivable sin, which I had no idea about my whole entire life until I read about it, I’ve been getting intrusive thoughts about this. Recently they’ve come back and in my prayer my words slipped and I accidentally said “I know God is e***”. It was a total mistake and I was trying to say that he is so good because he is. I’m terrified now that I’m hopeless now. Can it be committed by accident? Am I doomed now?

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Someone can't accidentally commit the unpardonable sin.

God is in the heart business. Someone who asks if they have committed this sin, shows in their heart, they are concerned, attentive, care and have reverance for Him. This is opposite of someone who has committed this sin.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It was a matter in the hearts of those committing this sin,not words. And certainly not slipped words. In their hearts they believed Jesus was evil, they rejected Him.
We all get passing thoughts, we are to catch them and reject the thoughts. The ones who really suffer in this often have had OCD, the thoughts are imitations but seem real.

Again , it's a heart matter, in your heart you believe Jesus is who He says He is. Jesus has mercy new every day for simple mistakes. Intrusive thoughts can be fiery darts of the enemy realm, born again believers have the authority in Jesus' name to rebuke those thought and drive out the enemy but many don't utilize that right.

Tools:The Word of God is your sword, take a deep dive into the salvation verses and don't dwell on the disaster verses. Because He has made promises not to lose one of us who believe and trust in Him fro our hearts and who were put in His hands by the Fathers will.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I’ll start from the beginning. Ever since I read about the unforgivable sin, which I had no idea about my whole entire life until I read about it, I’ve been getting intrusive thoughts about this. Recently they’ve come back and in my prayer my words slipped and I accidentally said “I know God is e***”. It was a total mistake and I was trying to say that he is so good because he is. I’m terrified now that I’m hopeless now. Can it be committed by accident? Am I doomed now?

-
Nobody can commit this sin

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The unpardonable is if you really truly believe Jesus' power came from the devil. Obviously you couldn't have saving faith and be pardoned if that's what you really truly thought and insisted on believing. If I say "Jesus is just a banana", that's not going to doom me. If I really truly believe that Jesus is just a banana, then I might be in trouble.

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! The unforgivable sin is the sin of unbelief.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can it be committed by accident?
No,, it has to be a deliberate act.

I’ve been getting intrusive thoughts about this.
You need to get professional help about this.
Talk to your doctor about this and about the help offered in:-
25 tips for successful treating your OCD, look at point 4.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

when you have committed the unpardonable sin several things happen =
1. The Holy Spirit no longer convicts you of sin - so you no longer feel guilty about anything.
2. You no longer desire to live a godly life

The fact that you are so worried about this - is a strong sign you have not committed the unpardonable sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who can be worried about it has not committed it.

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Let's go through the Scripture that has the most detail pertaining to the 'unpardonable sin' (which is in the Gospel of Mark).

'28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.'

(Mark 3:28-30)

In vs. 30 the Word explains why the Lord Jesus said this.

He said this because the scribes (Pharisees) had claimed He (Christ) had an unclean spirit (in another Scripture within the same context).

'22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.'

(Mark 3:22)

So the scribes (Pharisees) were blaspheming the Holy Spirit in Christ.. the works and miracles Christ did, they were attributing it to the power of Beelzebub (a major demon in some Abrahamic religions).

They proved their unbelief by what they had (intentionally) said - Luke 6:45.

So in doing this, they had no forgiveness for their sin.. for the scribes were rejecting the very one who holds the power to save.

This is evident, later being proven by the Apostle Peter (speaking in the Holy Spirit).. having just performed a miracle by the power of God in Christ..

'8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

9 if we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;

10 be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

14 And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.'

So you are not doomed, it sounds like your conscience is being tormented (which can happen if we don't have proper spiritual guidance in the Word of God).

God's Word says that the Lord sees everything, indeed nothing in all creation is hidden from His sight.. from the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

'Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.'

(Hebrews 4:13)

So to conclude, according to scripture you did not blaspheme the Holy Spirit.. as this was addressed to the Pharisees because they were attributing Christ's power to demonic power (and intentionally).

I can guarantee you that God already knows that the words that slipped out of your mouth were on accident.

But if your conscience still bothers you, I recommend praying to God.

He is all-powerful.. yet He knows our weakness and limitations.

He knows that we are but dust, and prone to making mistakes.

'12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.

14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.'

(Psalms 103:12-14)

Through Christ, we have forgiveness of sin.

Even if we feel like we've messed up big-time.

If we confess our sins.. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

Grace and peace.. you will be just fine.

Praying for you friend! :)

Edit: I don't believe anyone can commit this particular sin today, but I would never want my heart to be in a place where I am intentionally blaspheming the Holy Spirit in word or deed.

That's an unrepentant heart.. we should fear God and believe His Word.

Suffice it to say though, if we are convicted of something.. it means we are in a good spot with the Lord.

It shows that we have a repentant heart, and are willing to grow spiritually and seek to please God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0