Hypothetical question re: proportionality

Would the ethnic percentages of the arrestees mirror the ethnic percentages of the US?

• Total voters

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That’s such a weird thing to poll, unless the people you’re polling were witnesses. Are you evaluating attitudes?
It’s not weird. The assumption is that people have watched news reports on the rioting and looting and can make a guess.

Upvote 0

Gup20

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2019
Albertville
✟157,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
Turkeys can fly. I've seen it. Domesticated turkeys are white and have their wings clipped when they are hatched... but wild turkeys are black and can fly.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Turkeys can fly. I've seen it. Domesticated turkeys are white and have their wings clipped when they are hatched... but wild turkeys are black and can fly.

• Haha
Reactions: Gup20
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Some people become cops just because they like the power...
Some people become lawyers to gain power, engineers, supervisors, inspectors, husbands, referees, politicians, CEO's, even doctors and teachers and priests...

People who crave power, are usually those that handle it the worst... Those that deserve power, and would handle it the best.... don't seem to want it.

Cops... ya... some are power trippers.... Not that it means that they are racist.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Some people become lawyers to gain power, engineers, supervisors, inspectors, husbands, referees, politicians, CEO's, even doctors and teachers and priests...

People who crave power, are usually those that handle it the worst... Those that deserve power, and would handle it the best.... don't seem to want it.

Cops... ya... some are power trippers.... Not that it means that they are racist.
And....still not the topic. I’m not sure how else I can explain that you guys can start your own threads. It’s easy.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And....still not the topic. I’m not sure how else I can explain that you guys can start your own threads. It’s easy.
I'm very sorry that you are so concerned about us being "on Topic". However, we are all conversing in relation to your original post, which is, as others have stated, kinda vague as to what you are actually trying to say or what your point is.

Also, as I said before.. it's not like the OP was on vegetables and we're commenting on calculus...

Just how fine of a line you want to draw on what is relative and what is not... seems to be the deal here.

To be honest.... I don't see the need for such a close tolerance on the "topic".. But... hey... I think I'm done with this anyway....

This topic is old and I think most people are aware of the biased news today and the agendas of certain groups skewing the data.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
This topic is old and I think most people are aware of the biased news today and the agendas of certain groups skewing the data.
That was on topic. ;)

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Let’s say that the police were able to arrests every single rioter and looter over the past couple of weeks. Would the ethnic percentages of the arrestees mirror the ethnic percentages of the US?
No because the protest is made up of all races. And only a few from each race in America is participating. The ratio is uneven because very few of every citizen is protesting. Even less still rioting.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No because the protest is made up of all races. And only a few from each race in America is participating. The ratio is uneven because very few of every citizen is protesting. Even less still rioting.
It has to do with the rioting and looting, not the protesting.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It has to do with the rioting and looting, not the protesting.
Right sorry my brain is mush today. I don't know how to answer because I don't know the race of all rioters and looters.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Right sorry my brain is mush today. I don't know how to answer because I don't know the race of all rioters and looters.
I don’t either. But based on news coverage, it doesn’t reflect the current percentages in America.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don’t either. But based on news coverage, it doesn’t reflect the current percentages in America.
So, what you are trying to point out, without saying, but maybe getting someone else to say is:

"there are more people of color in the riots and it does not reflect a proper cross section of the races of these areas"..

Am I right?

Are you trying to say "The riots are by black people".... with out saying it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So, what you are trying to point out, without saying, but maybe getting someone else to say is:

"there are more people of color in the riots and it does not reflect a proper cross section of the races of these areas"..

Am I right?

Are you trying to say "The riots are by black people".... with out saying it?
I don’t think it was just black people rioting. Why do you think it was?

Upvote 0