Not open for further replies.

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
This was brought up in another thread, but didn't want to side track that one. SO, going to try and hopefully keep this civil, whilst learning.

My mom turned to the Catholic faith some years ago. 5-6 maybe. Anyway in order to do this, the church 'overlooked' some of the issues that is claims to hold in high standard. For instance...

She was married 3 times, the 4th is when she was Catholic and wanted it in the church. SO, to do this, she had the first 2 annuled at 600$ each..please and thank you to a fast working priest. NOW, the problem I have, and believe is hypocrisy is...NOW that her marriage to my father is annuled...that leave my sister and I as??? what?? The 'church' over looked the fact of kids in a marriage (and kids are supposedly sacred to the church)...to get a convert. PLUS, she had her tubes tied..another 'sin' in the church. :o These things are vry bothersome to me.

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Is this a question for Catholics since your Mom is a Catholic?
it is open. I hope this can stay civil, and i will try to contain my hurt and anger over many issues that surround this.

Mom converted about 6-7 or so (give or take) years ago. My point being that the Catholic denomination over looked alot of things THEY say they hold sacred. Kids...(in the eyes of the church, the marriage didn't happen so obviously neither did the kids from the marriages), never mind that she was married 3 times before...

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

† Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †
Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I married a divorced Catholic and he had his first marriage in the church annulled, this does not make the children from his first marriage any less Catholic.

They are still Catholics, made their communions and confirmations.

Upvote 0

INRI2

Apr 4, 2006
✟8,474.00
Faith
Catholic
Her first three marriages were not in the Catholic church Right?

and had her tubes tied before conversion right?

May a man/woman not change, is it forbidden for the light to enter? Did Christ come to impose his judgement over our sins or to set us free from them so that we sinners may enter the kingdom of heaven?

The jews had such a hard time when Jesus mixed with sinners, tax collectors etc and labled him as a blasphemer when he forgave them their sins.

You should rejoice not be sad. You mother has been granted Gods Mercy and Forgivness and been given a whole new life in Christ.

Upvote 0

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I married a divorced Catholic and he had his first marriage in the church annulled, this does not make the children from his first marriage any less Catholic.

They are still Catholics, made their communions and confirmations.
no sweetie, you missing the point. the kids aren't catholic (kids=me and my sister). Nor do we want to become one. Or at least me..don't know about my sister. SO she is the only catholic...

Upvote 0

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Her first three marriages were not in the Catholic church Right?

and had her tubes tied before conversion right?

May a man/woman not change, is it forbidden for the light to enter? Did Christ come to impose his judgement over our sins or to set us free from them so that we sinners may enter the kingdom of heaven?

The jews had such a hard time when Jesus mixed with sinners, tax collectors etc and labled him as a blasphemer when he forgave them their sins.

You should rejoice not be sad. You mother has been granted Gods Mercy and Forgivness and been given a whole new life in Christ.
correct to the first 2 questions. and for the rest...Lord help me not get angry here....I don't see that as sin. HOW can it be sin??? Just cause she converted and the other 3 marriages weren't catholic doesn't make it that they didn't happen! The marriage obviously was consummated...so the annulment in my opinion was just the church turning its head.

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I should say, this does not make my step children any less Christian then my own.. we all have to answer to God for our own sins.. cannot say these children are not Christians.. Maybe they are not Catholic, they did not enter the RCC.. still makes them no less a Christian

Upvote 0

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I should say, this does not make my step children any less Christian then my own.. we all have to answer to God for our own sins.. cannot say these children are not Christians.. Maybe they are not Catholic, they did not enter the RCC.. still makes them no less a Christian
exactly. But how does the church just for the convenience of having a member just over look these facts? PLUS take money to annul marriages that IT looks on as wrong/sinful...whatever?!? It just isn't right.

Upvote 0
F

FijianBeliever

Hi JudahsPraise,

I also participated in the previous thread you referred to in your OP.

This is how I see it.

Children are a reward, a gift from God. Therefore, your standing and that of you sister's does not depend on what you parent's marital status is now, it depends on the gift giver, which is.......God.

God chose to give you life, so why are you worried? Don't worry about what other's say. It's God's opinion of us that matters.

God Bless You All, and you my sister,
Isaia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Hi JudahsPraise,

I also participated in the previous thread you referred to in your OP.

This is how I see it.

Children are a reward, a gift from God. Therefore, your standing and that of you sister's does not depend on what you parent's marital status is now, it depends on the gift giver, which is.......God.

God chose to give you life, so why are you worried? Don't worry about what other's say. It's God's opinion of us that matters.

God Bless You All, and you my sister,
Isaia
yeah, that thread got deleted..unfortunaltely, cause there was some good stuff there. Don't know how to go about getting it..but oh well.

See, for me being a born again diciple of Jesus, I don't care what the catholic denomination says. I was just provoked into the questions I had asked....and funnily enough, the ones that were in the thread that provoked it couldn't/wouldn't answer. SO I was just curious as to how they could do that!

Upvote 0

INRI2

Apr 4, 2006
✟8,474.00
Faith
Catholic
I don't see that as sin. HOW can it be sin??? Just cause she converted and the other 3 marriages weren't catholic doesn't make it that they didn't happen! The marriage obviously was consummated...so the annulment in my opinion was just the church turning its head.

Married outside the Church... Sin

Steralization... Sin

The three marriages were not Catholic Marriages.... why should the church be forced to recognise them?

Upvote 0

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
What is annullment? Why does a church do it..Why does it cost money... Is it like a lawyer and a divorce settlement?..Thanks..Kim
annulment, in short is the Catholic denomination just comes along and for a fee..for my mother it was 1200$ for both, to say they (marriage) never happened/existed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Married outside the Church... Sin

Steralization... Sin

The three marriages were not Catholic Marriages.... why should the church be forced to recognise them?
WHY should the church call it a sin??? WHO gave them the right? It is NOT a sin. That is another HUGE issue I have with this denomination, cause they view anyone outside the catholic denomination not 'christian' or whatever. that simply isn't true. I won't adhere to ALOT of the stuff this church perpetrates.

Upvote 0

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
What make you a believer is not which organization are you in. It is matter of regeration, of receiving the divine life of God.
amen, thank you sister. God IS SO good..that he doesn't look at denominations. Praise God for that.

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
exactly. But how does the church just for the convenience of having a member just over look these facts? PLUS take money to annul marriages that IT looks on as wrong/sinful...whatever?!? It just isn't right.

They do not overlook the facts, believe me, seen it all..

take money? what a few bucks,.. tithing my dear..

It just is not right? then how is it right for a Christian from any denomination to leave his wife or wives and remarry and no church to except them?

Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
annulment, in short is the Catholic denomination just comes along and for a fee..for my mother it was 1200$ for both, to say they (marriage) never happened/existed.

How can they do that?? God sure knows it happened..k

Upvote 0

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
They do not overlook the facts, believe me, seen it all..

take money? what a few bucks,.. tithing my dear..

It just is not right? then how is it right for a Christian from any denomination to leave his wife or wives and remarry and no church to except them?
they seemed to in this case..and I am sure many plenty others..1200 wasn't a tithe trust me. It was to say hey, ok, your marriages NEVER happened. Nope, not a tithe..sorry. Its not right that a church orginazation comes along do that. For the record, I don't believe divorce etc. is right..but to declare it NEVER happened in the 'churches' eyes?? mmmm, no..that is wrong.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.