Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am bothered by the hunger and homelessness in America. I believe part of the problem is the Federal reserve's monetary policy from the GFC. They kept interest rates low which allowed corporations and investors to buy up assets thus creating inflation. Home prices has risen thus causing property taxes and insurance to increase thus hurting people who were living paycheck to paycheck. Then we had COVID.

"One out of every five children in the U.S. does not have enough food to eat, but the reality of the suffering that is now taking place just isn’t sinking in for many of those that are still living the high life.

Meanwhile, homelessness in the U.S. is increasing at the fastest rate ever recorded…"

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I guess mothers and their children will be needing bootstraps because the republicans are actively trying to provide less for hungry mothers and their children.

Tough love....

"Unlike other federal nutrition programs, WIC funding has traditionally enjoyed bipartisan support, with Republicans and Democrats committed to ensuring every eligible mother and baby who applies for the program can receive benefits. That consensus is now fraying, with House Republicans pushing to pare back WIC spending this year, arguing tough cuts are needed across the government amid the nation’s mounting debt.

The result, advocates and state-based WIC administrators fear, is that they may have to begin putting people on waitlists to receive aid like breastfeeding support, baby formula and other nutrition assistance."

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess mothers and their children will be needing bootstraps because the republicans are actively trying to provide less for hungry mothers and their children.
So sad and there's a stupid governor in Nebraska, I think, that's not accepting federal aid to feed the poor. Lunacy!

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Margaret3110

Feb 27, 2020
NM
✟34,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Tough love....

"Unlike other federal nutrition programs, WIC funding has traditionally enjoyed bipartisan support, with Republicans and Democrats committed to ensuring every eligible mother and baby who applies for the program can receive benefits. That consensus is now fraying, with House Republicans pushing to pare back WIC spending this year, arguing tough cuts are needed across the government amid the nation’s mounting debt.

The result, advocates and state-based WIC administrators fear, is that they may have to begin putting people on waitlists to receive aid like breastfeeding support, baby formula and other nutrition assistance."
That's awful. WIC helped me out, years back. I have some issues with the program, but it is important nevertheless and not something to just cut because you're worried about national debt.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's awful. WIC helped me out, years back. I have some issues with the program, but it is important nevertheless and not something to just cut because you're worried about national debt.
What issues do you have with WIC. I live in CA. They encourage breastfeeding. If you don't they give you formula and other food items.

Upvote 0

Margaret3110

Feb 27, 2020
NM
✟34,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What issues do you have with WIC. I live in CA. They encourage breastfeeding. If you don't they give you formula and other food items.
It's mostly personal frustration I guess. They were helpful when my son first got out of the NICU and I needed support. As he got older, like toddler age, he had major feeding problems that they didn't understand and couldn't help me with - we were getting professional help at that point. So basically I had to go in every couple of months and be interrogated and then lectured about his diet and nutrition by someone who didn't know our story. He was eventually diagnosed with autism and other conditions. Maybe it's not realistic to expect a federal program like that to understand special needs?

(I think it's a helpful program and should be fully funded, in case that wasn't clear.)

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thankfully a good portion of needy people consistently vote against their interests and elect people who don't care one bit about them.
I think people in the forums are smarter than the elected officials running this country we seem to know what the problems are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I think people in the forums are smarter than the elected officials running this country we seem to know what the problems are.
And yet we witness our friends on the Right decrying “unelected bureaucrats seeking to ‘control’ people” (through regulations), as if the MTGs and Louie Gohmerts are going to do any better than people who have been doing their jobs for years.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
unelected bureaucrats seeking to ‘control’ people
I guess and I had to look up who Lou was and still don't know what an MTG is but speaking of unelected bureaucrats, I might add WEF and those Davos types.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,944.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Tough love....

I can just see breastfeeding support being approved when the child is five.

Small government!

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At the time economic indicators said so. You don't think this problem just popped up do you?
If Joe Biden's economy is so great, and everyone has "good paying jobs" how can all these children be without food? Just vote harder for Biden again, save them from baaad Republicans-problem solved!

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Joe Biden's economy is so great, and everyone has "good paying jobs" how can all these children be without food? Just vote harder for Biden again, save them from baaad Republicans-problem solved!
I'll ask you again. Did this problem just pop up?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No it hasn't. But what is the reason that children (who also have parents, grandparents, with jobs) go hungry?
A host of reasons, created by the left and the right. If I could answer your question I would run for president. Couple of things besides the OP, shipping all our jobs overseas and low wages, education, lifestyles. Sad state of America period. You are probably smart enough to add a few of your own besides getting into tribal warfare. Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A host of reasons, created by the left and the right. If I could answer your question I would run for president. Couple of things besides the OP, shipping all our jobs overseas and low wages, education, lifestyles. Sad state of America period. You are probably smart enough to add a few of your own besides getting into tribal warfare. Peace
My sarcasm was not directed at you. I read the article attached, and agree with what was written.

However, the very first post was a screed against Republicans, followed by another, never really addressing the real problems this country has, and that no one wants to discuss.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was that the president who made ketchup a vegetable in the school lunch program?
It was our current president.
From the article:
"President Biden criticized news coverage of the U.S. economy as he faces growing backlash from voters over his handling of inflation.

In brief remarks Saturday before boarding the presidential helicopter, Biden expressed confidence in the economy and ripped the reporters for the way it has been portrayed."

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It was our current president.
From the article:
"President Biden criticized news coverage of the U.S. economy as he faces growing backlash from voters over his handling of inflation.

In brief remarks Saturday before boarding the presidential helicopter, Biden expressed confidence in the economy and ripped the reporters for the way it has been portrayed."

I have no desire to go back to working at Wal-Mart like I had to under the previous occupant of the White House. Perhaps some people need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess and I had to look up who Lou was and still don't know what an MTG is but speaking of unelected bureaucrats, I might add WEF and those Davos types.
It really is just a hodgepodge differing interests all vying for some little island of “control” to help us all lurch along in a three-steps forward, two-steps backwards, fashion.

But there’s no cabal of interests “controlling” everything, that’s just silliness.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It really is just a hodgepodge differing interests all vying for some little island of “control” to help us all lurch along in a three-steps forward, two-steps backwards, fashion.

But there’s no cabal of interests “controlling” everything, that’s just silliness.
In my skewed thinking I think corporations or money is a part of controlling everything.

Upvote 0