Not open for further replies.

Norman321

May 18, 2012
✟564.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
scientists who work with this stuff every day of their lives.
Scientists that do not agree with each other when it comes to the theory of evolution. Other then that they can agree their name is Steve< No MY NAME is Steve> Your both wrong because my name is Steve.

Upvote 0

AnotherAtheist

Gimmie dat ol' time physical evidence
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
East Midlands
✟123,826.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
On the flipside however, "humans are apres", when averred in a vacuum, is just as mischievous.

In a vacuum, maybe. In a creation and evolution forum, I don't think so. As (I predict) the meaning of "ape" continues to change and (IMHO) be corrected, it will become even less so.

Upvote 0

Guy1

Apr 6, 2012
✟8,318.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Scientists that do not agree with each other when it comes to the theory of evolution.

They agree almost unanimously on it. Which is why the current consensus (Read: They agree) is that the theory of evolution is the best explanation we've got for the diversity of life. The issue of whether it happens or not was long ago settled in the community, the rest is just tweaking to better fit the evidence.

Upvote 0

AnotherAtheist

Gimmie dat ol' time physical evidence
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
East Midlands
✟123,826.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
They agree almost unanimously on it. Which is why the current consensus (Read: They agree) is that the theory of evolution is the best explanation we've got for the diversity of life. The issue of whether it happens or not was long ago settled in the community, the rest is just tweaking to better fit the evidence.

Yep - they only disagree on the fine details. Attempts to whip up these fine details into a "controversy" are rather transparent.

Upvote 0
R

rikerjoe

Yeah, the only disagreement is in the details of how it happens.

Upvote 0
F

FaithIsAll

Yeah, the only disagreement is in the details of how it happens.
And of course you would know because you know so much about evolution don't you?
Why do you listen to theologians when it comes to evolution? if you were ill would you get yourself checked over by a welder? ask me about brain surgery and I will tell you all you need to know because I am a butcher by trade.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many evolutionary biologists state as if it were an unquestionable fact that humans are apes. I disagree.
I disagree as well.

In fact, I don't believe we are Homo sapiens (wise men), since the Bible says that professing ourselves as such can lead to atheism.

Upvote 0

Tiberius

Jun 28, 2005
✟6,911.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I disagree as well.

In fact, I don't believe we are Homo sapiens (wise men), since the Bible says that professing ourselves as such can lead to atheism.

In other words, you disagree because you just don't wanna agree. It conflicts with the conclusions you've already reached, and instead of being open to new possibilities, you dismiss evidence based on your own opinions.

Real good way to find the truth, AV...

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Similarly, why my the last common ancestors I share with my fellow hominids lived 6-15 million yeas ago, that doesn't change the fact that I'm a hominid and colloquially an ape.

But we don't know if that was ever the case. Otherwise, good point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guy1

Apr 6, 2012
✟8,318.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And of course you would know because you know so much about evolution don't you?
Why do you listen to theologians when it comes to evolution? if you were ill would you get yourself checked over by a welder? ask me about brain surgery and I will tell you all you need to know because I am a butcher by trade.

Non-sequitur alert.

Upvote 0

Tiberius

Jun 28, 2005
✟6,911.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I disagree.

I thought so.

I wasn't aware it was lost.

For rational people, it isn't. For you, it is. I recommend you find it. It really is a wonderful thing.

(Now, no doubt, you'll produce that smug Christian, "Oh, I already have the truth," comment.)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
AV1611VET said:
Notedstrangeperson said:
Many evolutionary biologists state as if it were an unquestionable fact that humans are apes. I disagree.
I disagree as well.

Aaand that's the end of my thread. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If human beings really are apes, why is it so offensive to compare a person of the black race to an ape? Why is that so explosive?

Why is it so offensive to say 'So simple even a caveman could do it"?

No one disputes cavemen being human.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
apes and humans share a common ancestor

bigfoot

yup, thats right the common ancestor has been seen is remote locations via you tube throughout the foot hills

but other than that we have no ancestor to speak of

unless you can provide one?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But we don't know if that was ever the case. Otherwise, good point.

Actually, we do know that to be the case. We have genetic, molecular and fossil evidence that one simply cannot deny unless one chooses to be willfully ignorant.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.