Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ironic hypocrisy. Your posts not only have no relevance to me, they have no relevance to the op and when asked about your ost you refuse to discuss it.

Never happened. That's all in your imagination.

When you get elected sheriff of CF then you can tell others what would and wouldn't be best but until then you're in evidence posting baselessly, avoiding direct op-relevqnt engagement, and attacking and blaming others for your own failings.

They were neither simple nor "with the Holy Spirit." Here's how every student of God's word knows that to be the case.

Luke 6:45 tells us it is out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks and the fingers type. Your original post was a reflection of your heart. This is further implicitly understood in the opening statement of that post, "It is how you want to look at it," and what followed was how you looked at it.

"Defend yourself against your false fears is one thing.A show of force to try to intimidate others is even worse"

Out of the abundance of your heart came "Defend yourself against your false fears is one thing. A show of force to try to intimidate others is even worse." That is how you look at the op's point.

Now you've been complaining about my questions being off-topic but what I asked was about the relevance of those two sentences to the op! I asked what false fears, what show of force, what intimidation and you've refused to answer those inquiries under the auspices you don't care about my questions, don't perceive them to be relevant, and would prefer to tell me my feelings are hurt and how I should post. The only one striving here is you, Jamestone5. Go through all your posts and note all the derisive comments you've made about other posters (I was not the only one). Log, not speck.

And we know the original post was not "with the Holy Spirit" because the Holy Spirit never contradicts the written word but the contents of your posts do! This disobedience to God's word is shown in the violation of Pr. 3:30. Somehow some form of self-defense, false fears, show of force, and intimidation is supposedly happening but there is no evidence any of those things was happening in Richmond yesterday. So you were given the opportunity to evidence that which came from the abundance of your heart.

You say you're not attacking anyone personally but I was told I'm not letting you freely share your feelings, my questions are foolish, my feelings are hurt, I'm trying to make it all about me. Pay attention, Jamesone5, because that is you making it all about you. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The Bible tells us to consider others more significant than ourselves, to let nothing unwholesome come out of our fingertips but that which is edifying, to be on good terms with others as far as it is within our ability to do so, and even when in dialogue with "outsiders" to the faith we are to speak with grace. That hasn't happened in this op. No one made you post the way you posted but you. Out of the abundance of the heart..... This is how every reader of your posts know they were not posted with the Spirit.

So no evidence, a refusal to return to the op, a refusal to take responsibility for one's own posts, a propensity to attack others instead of sticking to the posts, a blatant disregard for how scripture directs us to post and how to interact with others, and much, much more.

I just happen to be the one shining the light on it.

Here's something else scripture says. You're not going to like it but I want you to consider these two passages prayerfully as they apply to the posts in this op.

Galatians 5:19-21
"Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: ....enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions .....and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Titus 3:9-11 ESV
"But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned."

I don't know what your motive or intent in the original post was so I asked. I did my part. I asked again and again. I and every one here now knows.

Had the very valid op-relevant questions asked been answered OR I received something explanatory that was op-relevant we'd be having a much different conversation but that's not what happened. SO here's one more opportunity to explain your own op-reply.

Where was the show of force trying to intimidate others?

Would you be referring to the armed guards the Governor had added to protect legislators from those who'd been prevented from carrying their firearms?

Is it the Governor's false fears to which you are referring with that comment about false fears intimidation?

Was it those exercising the First amendment right of peaceful assembly address grievances against unconstitutional restrictions on the Second Amendment that will not in any way shape or form reduce the problem the legislators are purporting to solve to whom you were referring with that comment about false fears and intimidation?

Or would that be a reference to liberal "lawmakers" proposing ineffective laws who were engaged quite peacefully by the constituents they were elected to represent and serve?

Who - specifically - was saying "look at me and what my gun can do"?​

Here is the opportunity to explain your own post and discuss it. Maybe this time objectively and with evidence, as you see it. Try doing so without attacking another poster.

Your posts not only have no relevance to me, they have no relevance to the op and when asked about your ost you refuse to discuss it. --Josheb

first off---- what is an "ost"?
Seems like it is something that happens when you are really mad and just want to get your words out as fast as you can.

And once again, why do you keep responding, if My posts have no relevance to you?

And should I be answering to you as the what I can or cannot post or questions I should answer? you some sort of Moderator?

I think we need to revisit Proverbs 3:30

Proverbs 3:30 (NKJV)
30 Do not strive with a man without cause,
If he has done you no harm

Have I done you any harm, maybe except to your conscience?

and teacher, teach thyself

Titus 3:9-11 ESV
"But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned."

What, is it two times that I have warned you to "let it go"?

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Athanasius377

Is playing with his Tonka truck.
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cincinnati
✟708,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Now you did it. He or she will now have to cry away two days.
I’m not trying to score easy points but there other issues with the post. Besides the date, a gun didn’t kill MLK. He was murdered by James Earl Raye. Using a hunting rifle if my memory is correct. It wasn’t an accident, the gun didn’t just go off, some one murdered him. I don’t know the answer but didn’t MLK have an armed security detail that day? Their guns didn’t spring to life and kill someone. And second, since when do citizens have to beg forgiveness for exercising their God given right to assemble in order to air their grievances to a duly elected government? No one is asking the Black Panthers or Black Guns Matter. They don’t have to answer to me or anyone else. I think it was Dave Chappele who said the 2nd amendment was in case the first didn’t work out. Just saying.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, I just do not agree. Christians should not be part of a gun control rally promoting the use of a lethal weapon. Plain and simple. The Holy Spirit does not direct us to do such things. Easily discerned by the fruit of the Spirit. I am one of millions of arbiters for the Holy Spirit.
Blessings

Boy, argue with some Christians about guns and they get irate.
Kind of like this verse is in evidence here in America and how much people love their guns instead of their neighbor.

Matthew 24:12
And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

Don't think Christ was talking about guns, here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Kind of like this verse is in evidence here in America and how much people love their guns instead of their neighbor.

Those things aren’t mutually exclusive. One can be in favor of the 2A AND love their neighbor. One can have an arsenal in their home, and love their neighbor.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Their guns didn’t spring to life and kill someone..
I should not have to explain this but here goes: to the extent that a gun is an exceedingly powerful and efficient mechanism for transforming hurtful intent into body counts, they are very much a huge part of the problem.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those things aren’t mutually exclusive. One can be in favor of the 2A AND love their neighbor. One can have an arsenal in their home, and love their neighbor.
I guess Christ is the One Who knows your heart AND your priorities.

Just like it is for any of us

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry for your loss. When someone takes their life, we would do anything we could to go back and prevent it, if it were possible. If we are put in a situation where it's up to us to defend the defenseless, why would we not want to be prepared to do everything we can to defend them?
That's not playing God. Of course, we dont' have control of everything and can't know what God's will is in everything. We just have to do what is right with the things that are our responsibility.

So what would you do if someone killed someone close to you while you weren't around to protect them? I had that happen to me.
That should be the real question.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I should not have to explain this but here goes: to the extent that a gun is an exceedingly powerful and efficient mechanism for transforming hurtful intent into body counts, they are very much a huge part of the problem.
What was the final body count at the rally?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I guess Christ is the One Who knows your heart AND your priorities.

Just like it is for any of us
That doesn’t have anything to do with my statement.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You say here some are just in "favor" of the 2nd Amendment and say they also love their neighbor----or maybe that it is theoretically possible.

Are you speaking for all true gun lovers or is it just what you see?
I can list probably 20 or 30 just in this area who have as favorite sport of attending Chruch [sometimes} and then go out and shoot everything that moves in the badlands. Many probably would be offended if you said they did not love their guns.

The problem isn't with those of you who are admitting to being responsible gun owners, but rather it is with all the crazies that are lurking out there who also buying their arsenals. Of course the mass shootings were 434 in 2019. It really is a matter of pride to ignore the problems with guns. "We got our guns and I don't care what the rest of society is doing with their guns"

In a nation where the overwhelming number of people are for gun Legislation [70% by one poll], the Congress and the NRA are still against that. Why is that not a problem?

Once again this verse does apply

And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold

Look around for last 70 years as I have, and you note the very gradual changes in our society. NRA used to teach hunter safety---now it is promoting more guns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Maybe some people just want other people to stop trying to take their stuff? Maybe the loving person isn't the one who wants to take their neighbor's stuff without their neighbor's consent?

In any case, I fail to see how Matt 24:12 is applicable here to this situation. Do you believe owning a firearm is a sign of the return of Christ?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That doesn’t have anything to do with my statement.

Oh it does not come down to your heart and your priorities in the End????

Has everything to do with what you said

Hammster said:
Those things aren’t mutually exclusive. One can be in favor of the 2A AND love their neighbor. One can have an arsenal in their home, and love their neighbor

You say one can have an arsenal in their home and then say they love their neighbor ---this is true at least I theory. But when we make our arsenal our master or really the priority--therein lies the problem,

In the world we live in we live by--- this is one of those rules

Luke 16:13
“No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”

Some serve their guns or maybe their guns serve them.

Observation btw, as a gun owner that could fire a .22 long rifle as soon as I was big enough to hold it properly and not shoot my foot off. I even made a bounty of .10 as a child for each magpie, that I had shot with my .22. You try not to miss, aiming at those birds when you have to buy your own shells.

And I am not accusing anyone here as part of the "some".
Got to make that very clear it seems

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You say here some are just in "favor" of the 2nd Amendment and say they also love their neighbor----or maybe that it is theoretically possible.

Are you speaking for all true gun lovers or is it just what you see?
I can list probably 20 or 30 just in this area who have as favorite sport of attending Chruch [sometimes} and then go out and shoot everything that moves in the badlands. Many probably would be offended if you said they did not love their guns.

The problem isn't with those of you who are admitting to being responsible gun owners, but rather it is with all the crazies that are lurking out there who also buying their arsenals. Of course the mass shootings were 434 in 2019. It really is a matter of pride to ignore the problems with guns. "We got our guns and I don't care what the rest of society is doing with their guns"

In a nation where the overwhelming number of people are for gun Legislation [70% by one poll], the Congress and the NRA are still against that. Why is that not a problem?

Once again this verse does apply

And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold

Look around for last 70 years as I have, and you note the very gradual changes in our society. NRA used to teach hunter safety---now it is promoting more guns.
That’s a lot of talking without really saying anything. Your argument is that there are people with guns and people who don’t love their neighbors. Guess what? I’m sure there are many folks who don’t own guns (or who aren’t in favor of the 2A) who don’t love their neighbors.

How about that?

So like I said, they are not mutually exclusive.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Hammster said:
Those things aren’t mutually exclusive. One can be in favor of the 2A AND love their neighbor. One can have an arsenal in their home, and love their neighbor

You say one can have an arsenal in their home and then say they love their neighbor ---this is true at least I theory. But when we make our arsenal our master or really the priority--therein lies the problem,

In the world we live in we live by--- this is one of those rules

“No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”

Observation btw, as a gun owner that could fire a .22 long rifle as soon as I was big enough to hold it properly and not shoot my foot off.

The problem is that you arbitrarily make the “some” the vast majority.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hammster said:

You say one can have an arsenal in their home and then say they love their neighbor ---this is true at least i theory. But when we make our arsenal our master or really the priority--therein lies the problem,

In the world we live in we live by as a Believer--- this is one of those rules

Observations btw, as a gun owner that could fire a .22 long rifle as soon as I was big enough to hold it properly and not shoot my foot off. I even made a bounty of .10 as a child for each magpie, that I had shot with that gun. You try not to miss, when you are aiming at those birds when you have to buy your own shells.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem is that you arbitrarily make the “some” the vast majority.

OH, are you living in my mind and can make the same assessment? Assumptions seem to be the problem.
SOME tend to hear only what they want to hear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hammster said:

You say one can have an arsenal in their home and then say they love their neighbor ---this is true at least i theory. But when we make our arsenal our master or really the priority--therein lies the problem,

In the world we live in we live by as a Believer--- this is one of those rules

Observations btw, as a gun owner that could fire a .22 long rifle as soon as I was big enough to hold it properly and not shoot my foot off. I even made a bounty of .10 as a child for each magpie, that I had shot with that gun. You try not to miss, when you are aiming at those birds when you have to buy your own shells.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What was the final body count at the rally?
Come on now, you know that was not my point.

Here is the problem: Let's say I concede - which I don't but that is not the immediate point - that there are some legitimate arguments for gun freedom. The problem is that the gun people come up with some of the most stupid things one will ever hear. And I mean, flat-out, eye-rolling, give-me-a-break stupid.

One of them is this: Guns are not part of the violence problem because they are inanimate objects.

An 8-year old can see the problem with that "reasoning".

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol, the same applies to Fertilizer and diesel fuel.
Let's ban everything that can kill people in big numbers. Starting with airplanes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.