How would you state your differences if He said Satan is bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda8

Aug 10, 2003
South West
✟471.00
Faith
Messianic
Hello,

Let us suppose you had a conversation/ interaction with Christ today.
In that interaction with Jesus, how would you present your side of the issue, if Jesus told you that He has already sealed Satan in the bottomless pit? This thread is not meant to debate whether or not Jesus has sealed him
but it is meant to ask how people would present their opinion to Jesus in reaction to Jesus saying that He OR AN ANGEL [I am not debating who actually does it] has already sealed Satan in the bottomless pit

Revelation 20:1-3.

This question is being asked in relation to how Jesus's kinsmen also had their

own views about events relating to his kingdom, that differed from Jesus's own views.

Please feel free to speak your mind about how you would discuss your reaction to Jesus, if Jesus told you that Satan has already been sealed in the bottomless pit and that God has already fulfilled Rev 20:1-3.

Lets hear your side of the conversation you would have with him upon hearing his words that Satan is already sealed.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,756,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Palatka44 said:
I couldn't say "The Devil Made Me Do It" and would have to face up to all my sins.
:)

However, we still can't say that even though he is not bound. He can tempt and lie...but we are the ones that choose to believe or fall.

Upvote 0

Gary777

Gary777
Jan 1, 2004
Southern Sweden
✟15,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
if jesus said that to me, i wouldnt change my opinion at all of a bright future for the church and the world, since i see it is pretty clear already in scripture that satan is defeated from the resurrection. I would just go on, and do my small part in taking the world back for jesus, encouraged to do so by the fact that satan has lost his power, and jesus has all power. Its not even a contest, then.

Upvote 0

Pamela

Feb 21, 2002
Atlanta, Georgia
Visit site
✟176.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I'd say, "Praise the Lord and Hallelujah, I know he has been defeated, because You told me so in Your Word!" :bow:

Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. (John 12:30-31)

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. (Colossians 2:13-15)

In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness. And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land. (Zechariah 13:1-2)

~Pamela

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.