How would this sinner be saved, without works.

Can a prideful sinner be saved, if they stay prideful?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said you can identify a tree by it’s fruit. I’m not saying that you can know everyone’ heart by their fruit but you can know some. In many cases it is easy to see.

All I'm saying is that we, as men and women, cannot look at someone, who claims to be a Christian, and judge whether that is true by their works.... Unless we knew them before they were saved... we cannot know what the old creature that they were, was, before they became a new creature.

Some people, who become Christians, it is enough that they hold down a job and don't do violent things or commit crimes... That is their "new creature".

We don't know the struggles people face from day to day. Or what demons that they fight on a personal internal level... What you see might be the best that they can do, given what they deal with mentally, physically and spiritually.

And, I certainly don't think that we have to produce works... in order to have salvation.. Our works are evidence of the fact that we are ind welled by the Holy Spirit.

God doesn't hold out on us. When we ask for salvation in the Name of Christ.. God doesn't say "well, lets just see what you can do first".

The works we do are only because of the Holy Spirit living in us. Much of the things we do as Christians are things that we could not do without the help and strength of the Holy Spirit.

But, as this thread is proof of, there are people who are solid on both sides of this issue. You're rarely going to change their view.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 244288

2 Timothy 2
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

If it weren't for God's mercy no one would repent!

I agree completely.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you meet a prideful sinner.
How would you tell him about Jesus, in order that he would be saved.
Keeping in mind, he will do what you say.

Would you tell him to humble himself (repent)?

If you do, then are you getting him to do a work, before/in order to getting saved.

What steps would he need to take, that aren't works, in order to be saved.

Keep in mind this verse: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time"

This is a question for those who vainly throw "saved by grace, not works" verse at every opportunity.
I do think it is very funny that you think the people who "seem to vainly" throw out the whole "saved by grace, not works" thing, as you put it, are the "prideful sinners" but, hey, whatever...?

I think your thinking is backwards, and I think Jesus may think that as well, but, hey, at least he's hopefully at least mildly amused, and not to frustrated or angry with you...

I pray for that...

I think you can bring him to a breaking point with that though, a point as which it is no longer amusing to him anymore, like the Pharisees did (I'm assuming, I don't know for sure) (if it was ever amusing to him or not)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I've never been proud of my sin, even a whole lot less so, if ever, now... But I still do sin and am still a sinner (saved by grace, by and through faith and not that of works), but, at least I admit my sin and that I am a sinner, and talk to the Lord always about it (confess) (bowing in reverence and telling I have no excuse, so try not to make any excuses either) and I think the Lord looks a lot more favorably on or smiles much more on "that/this", or I least, I hope he does, at "that/this" than the "other" (which is a lie)...

He doesn't want us following a lie right...? Deceiving ourselves...? Some would call that being "delusional", and voluntarily at that...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I always think of it this way....

My children are my children. They will always be my children, no matter what they choose to do in their lives. It would take an action of utmost severity for me to ever disown one of my children... because.... I love them.

Even if one was to attempt at my life... I would still love them and call them my child.

Now, if I am nothing but a mere mortal human.. with the ability to love, within the limited capabilities of a human...

How much more will God be able to love and forgive those that believe on His name and the work of His Son on the Cross?

I think that there will be some very surprised, and disappointed people....when the roll is called up yonder.

Upvote 0