Jun 29, 2015
✟168,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi to all and since this is DISPENSATIONAL section , how was Paul saved in Acts 9:6 ?

Some sasy that Paul was saved under the GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM !!

What say you ??

da
Paul was saved by grace through faith and through the gospel

read 1 Cor 15:1-4

and Galatians 1:11,12

Romans 10:9

Romans 5:10

etc etc etc

• Agree
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi to all and since this is DISPENSATIONAL section , how was Paul saved in Acts 9:6 ?

What say you ??

da
Simple.

He walked down the aisle to "Just as I Am," and said the sinners prayer.

Didn't you already know that?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟198,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Simple.

He walked down the aisle to "Just as I Am," and said the sinners prayer.

Didn't you already know that?

Hi and I am not talking about some other group , BUT how was Paul saved and where does it say Paul walked down the aisle and you are PITHY !!

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟198,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul was baptized in Damascus by Ananias.

Hi and are referencing Acts 9:17 , so what does " and might be FULL OF HOLY SPIRIT , then mean ??

Did Paul have the HOLY SPIRIT in Acts 9:6 ??

Was Acts 9:18 WATER BAPTISM ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He was saved by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, by grace through faith. I think when you try and separate the early church into two bodies you run into problems like this. I actually read a dispensational book that said he was saved under the kingdom program then was transferred over to the Grace program. Now why he would be transferred over and none of the other Jerusalem church or apostles makes no sense to me. Neither does scripture talk about any of this actually.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟168,720.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He was saved by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, by grace through faith. I think when you try and separate the early church into two bodies you run into problems like this. I actually read a dispensational book that said he was saved under the kingdom program then was transferred over to the Grace program. Now why he would be transferred over and none of the other Jerusalem church or apostles makes no sense to me. Neither does scripture talk about any of this actually.
Yes and Peter also said he preached the same gospel to the Gentiles in Acts 25 and that God put no difference between them (Jews and Gentiles)

Acts 15:7-11 “And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9. And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11. But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.”

• Agree
Reactions: Pepper77
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟198,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi and Acts 9:6 does not say that , really ??

In Acts 9:6 Paul said , Lord what do you wish me to do ??

It is obvious , by what Paul said that God opened his HEART like Christ did to LYDIA , He OPEN HER HEART !!

In 1 Cor 12:3 reads , Therefore , I make known to you that NO ONE speaking by God's SPIRIT says Jesus is ACCURSED , and NO ONE is able to SAY , LORD JESUS EXCEPT BY HOLY SPIRIT !!

That is what Paul did and Rom 10:9 reads That IF you should confess with your mouth LORD JESUS , and that is what Paul did !!

This also means Paul was the first one saved by GRACE amd 1 Tim 1:16 that Paul is the PATTERN of the ones coming to believe on Him unto EVERLASTING life !!

There 2 more ways that show why Paul is the FIRST one in the B O C !!

This is why I am an Acts 9 believer !!

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi and Acts 9:6 does not say that , really ??

In Acts 9:6 Paul said , Lord what do you wish me to do ??

It is obvious , by what Paul said that God opened his HEART like Christ did to LYDIA , He OPEN HER HEART !!

In 1 Cor 12:3 reads , Therefore , I make known to you that NO ONE speaking by God's SPIRIT says Jesus is ACCURSED , and NO ONE is able to SAY , LORD JESUS EXCEPT BY HOLY SPIRIT !!

That is what Paul did and Rom 10:9 reads That IF you should confess with your mouth LORD JESUS , and that is what Paul did !!

This also means Paul was the first one saved by GRACE amd 1 Tim 1:16 that Paul is the PATTERN of the ones coming to believe on Him unto EVERLASTING life !!

There 2 more ways that show why Paul is the FIRST one in the B O C !!

This is why I am an Acts 9 believer !!

dan p
Hi Dan, Not sure I understand why you are disagreeing with me, you are saying Paul is saved by grace through faith as well. Funny, the pastor of the the Acts 9 church I am attending says that Romans 10:9 is not a passage for salvation for the BOC, because it says you have to confess with your mouth which is different than just believing according to him which is all that’s required now. I think that is a very confusing teaching since Romans is all about our new life in Christ.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟198,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dan, Not sure I understand why you are disagreeing with me, you are saying Paul is saved by grace through faith as well. Funny, the pastor of the the Acts 9 church I am attending says that Romans 10:9 is not a passage for salvation for the BOC, because it says you have to confess with your mouth which is different than just believing according to him which is all that’s required now. I think that is a very confusing teaching since Romans is all about our new life in Christ.

Hi and was in a big hurry as I run a business and am on many other sites and I was going to put in Eph 2:8 and it reads For by grace you are saved through FAITH !!

It goes to show you that there are many KINDS of Dispensationalist and that they hold to MANY different views !!

dan p

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hi and was in a big hurry as I run a business and am on many other sites and I was going to put in Eph 2:8 and it reads For by grace you are saved through FAITH !!

It goes to show you that there are many KINDS of Dispensationalist and that they hold to MANY different views !!

dan p
So ? Why seek those views ? Was there any need for truth to put this question (title/op) in this section this way ? I don't think so.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟198,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So ? Why seek those views ? Was there any need for truth to put this question (title/op) in this section this way ? I don't think so.

Hi and this a dispensational section and there is some dispute as to how Paul saved !!

You say , I don't think so , why ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
, Lord what do you wish me to do ??
At this point Paul accepted His position and was saved. He is saved by grace through faith and It was God's grace that called and Paul's faith that answered by saying "what do you wish me to do"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟384,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What say you ??

da

It is obvious that Paul's conversion is special, since He was confronted with the risen Lord Jesus Christ (like the other 11 Apostles). The Lord then had Ananias come and pray over Him to receive His sight, and once he regained his sight, he was immediately baptized to receive the filling of the Holy Spirit. So at what point was he saved? This passage seems to indicate that he was saved upon his baptism, but we know from another passage (Acts 10:44) that it is the moment of faith in the gospel that one is saved and receives the indwelling Spirit, and sometimes the baptism/filling of the Spirit, water baptism is only the point of faith for some.

So, when did Paul believe and confess (Romans 10:9-10), and receive the indwelling Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9)? It was at that point that he was saved. I don't think we can know for sure from the passage in Acts 9 alone... anyone have some insight into another passage that mentions Saul/Paul's conversion that might clear this up? One thing I noticed in Acts 22:13 is that Ananias called Paul "brother" before he received his sight... could this indicate that Paul was already saved at that point in the series of events?

Good questions, Dan... leading to more questions.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟198,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At this point Paul accepted His position and was saved. He is saved by grace through faith and It was God's grace that called and Paul's faith that answered by saying "what do you wish me to do"?

Hi and what I mean to show from 1 Cor 12:3 that NO ONE calls Jesus " LORD " except by Holy Spirit as written in Rom 10:9 !!

Christ has to OPEN THE HEART as He did to Lydia in Acts 16:14 !!

As we know we are saved by Grace in E ph 2:8 and the translation is Having been Sasved / SOZO is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE and PASSIVE VOICE and is a PARTICIPLE !!

And be check by looking at the Greek text and the Prefect tense means Past Action and the Continues !!

dan p

Upvote 0