yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hello all,
I have a simple question. I have recently started reading the bible (I'm still in Genesis...) but the issue I am having is that after reading a section I don't know exactly how to apply to my life.
I have some luck with a local Christian radio station which I listen to on my way to work, but at 20 minutes per day of explanation I will not get much of an understanding.
Right now I can (kinda) get the jist of a point but how do people read a passage in the bible and then say "this means I need to do xyz in my life"??
People are not supposed to read a passage in the Bible and then say "this means ...."

especially since they cannot know what it means in or of themselves.

Remember most radio stations are not reliable witnesses to Jesus nor to the truth - so test everything, no matter who says it, as God says test everything (even the spirits).

Jesus says the heavenly Father rejoices to reveal the understanding and meaning of Scripture to infants, and to hide it from the educated ones,
so
ask Him to make known to you what He means, what He wants, and He will do as He says. Yes, there are a few good teachers, true to His Word, and they can teach you also - but still test everything, even if an Apostle were to tell you something they say it must be tested BEFORE accepting it as a message from God.....

Upvote 0