• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

how to stop thinking about sex?

Appassionata

Jul 31, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, this my first post so sorry if its in the wrong place or it exists already or anything. But basically I can not seem to get my mind off sex, I am always thinking about it or fantasizing even at school and work and at home. I am pretty good at not acting out these desires but they still seem to be always in my mind. I am sure I am not the only young male with this problem haha so I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to keep ones mind off of sex? Thanks!

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is normal, man. Every guy goes through it. I did. I went out on the deep end with inappropriate contentographic materials and everything. I finally found out just how empty that life is. I found out just how wonderful the fairer sex is. They might be physically attractive, but you have not experienced true beauty until you talk to them. I did and learned a great deal about life, in the process. I found myself with more female friends than male. Sex is something that is fantasied about when you see women as an object. Try to befriend as many as you can and this will simply go away. It did for me. I love the ladies, but for the wisdom and unbelievable amount of wonderful each and every one has inside them. Some less so, but that is true for men as well.

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FEMALE ENTERS:

I know men are hardwired differently, but a suggestion would be to try & equate
sex more with love. I can't see anything wrong with looking forward to love.
Thinking about sex as only a physical act for me would be like thinking the accelerator was the most important part of driving. There's just more too it,
if you want to whole experience.

Upvote 0

Jdr937

Jan 28, 2013
✟7,611.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I understand what you mean, but this is not a healthy way to approach things. Especially for a young hormonal male. When you start "equating" sex to love you forget what love really is and you start thinking sex and love are one in the same. At least that is true for most people who consider themselves nymphomaniacs. Love is passionate without sex and you should learn to love before engaging in sexual activity. I am not old by any means, and during my teenage years especially I went through a lot of lust and made a lot of mistakes. I've done the homework on this though and what I have found in my personal experiences is that you need to focus on learning to love others and yourself. Love them for who they are, not for sexual satisfaction. It takes self discipline and self control but it stick with it and you'll find greater satisfaction and longer lasting than what you'll receive from the short time you spend in bed.

Upvote 0