I am not from Albania
✟20,487.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello my lovely family! So basically I love going to my local library and park, it's really the only thing I do after school. I have a good connection with the library and some of the workers there. I checked out and read many books, it's almost all nonfiction though on history and warfare. I volunteer and help them out, I even bought donuts for the people who come to the library. However there is one thing I am absolutely afraid of doing. Basically there is supposed to be the NKJV Bible on one of the shelves, however it is not there. I actually did check it out, but I returned it after a few days because my parents almost found out. The computers say it is on shelf, however it's not there. I really want to ask the staff, but I do not want anyone finding out I am christian. I did check out many religious books and Holy Books before, including ones on Christianity. Many days I just go to the library to read the Bible and I always walk out sad when it is not there. The last time I saw it was when I returned it. I know I can read an online Bible, but something about a physical one just feels so much better. Even before I was christian, I was always attracted to the physical inspired word of God, even though I wasn't even allowed near it. I understand it more, feel warm, and the presence of God seems to be with me. Plus the physical Bibles have so many explanations at the bottom, the text isn't too big or small, and I can always go back without constantly scrolling. Again I am not doing this so people think I am christian, I want the exact opposite. All I want to do is to come to the library after a rough, boring, and lonely day at school(which is everyday)and read the most holiest book on paper. If I absolutely have no choice, I will stick with my Orthodox Study Bible on my phone, but as I mentioned before. The physical Bibles make me feel more christian and closer towards God. Thank you and may the Lord be with us all. Amen.

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Hello my lovely family! So basically I love going to my local library and park, it's really the only thing I do after school. I have a good connection with the library and some of the workers there. I checked out and read many books, it's almost all nonfiction though on history and warfare. I volunteer and help them out, I even bought donuts for the people who come to the library. However there is one thing I am absolutely afraid of doing. Basically there is supposed to be the NKJV Bible on one of the shelves, however it is not there. I actually did check it out, but I returned it after a few days because my parents almost found out. The computers say it is on shelf, however it's not there. I really want to ask the staff, but I do not want anyone finding out I am christian. I did check out many religious books and Holy Books before, including ones on Christianity. Many days I just go to the library to read the Bible and I always walk out sad when it is not there. The last time I saw it was when I returned it. I know I can read an online Bible, but something about a physical one just feels so much better. Even before I was christian, I was always attracted to the physical inspired word of God, even though I wasn't even allowed near it. I understand it more, feel warm, and the presence of God seems to be with me. Plus the physical Bibles have so many explanations at the bottom, the text isn't too big or small, and I can always go back without constantly scrolling. Again I am not doing this so people think I am christian, I want the exact opposite. All I want to do is to come to the library after a rough, boring, and lonely day at school(which is everyday)and read the most holiest book on paper. If I absolutely have no choice, I will stick with my Orthodox Study Bible on my phone, but as I mentioned before. The physical Bibles make me feel more christian and closer towards God. Thank you and may the Lord be with us all. Amen.

You can buy Bibles at bookstores. If you visit a local church of your choice and ask them they'll probably give you a free Bible to enjoy too. :idea:

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I pray for a Bible for you. Pray to the Lord to provide one of your very own. May the Lord bless you richly as you seek more of him in Jesus name

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I really want to ask the staff, but I do not want anyone finding out I am christian.
Are you including the library staff as well - that you don't want for them to know you're Christian either? Is that because you're concerned about that getting back to your parents?

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can buy Bibles at bookstores. If you visit a local church of your choice and ask them they'll probably give you a free Bible to enjoy too. :idea:
I think she lives in a country where persecution is high and bible accessibility is low.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It says you are in Albania. Find a bookstore. Maybe a used bookstore or a new bookstore. If you are worried about being recognized, then go to a bigger city in your country. Or if you are travelling then find a bookstore on one of your travels. If they have a petite sized Bible then buy it with cash. It will be easy enough for you to keep it from being obvious if it is smaller.

Or, drop in to a church and ask them if they might be able to come up with a Bible for you. I think they would hold your confidence.

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello, I feel really sorry for you because of how you have to keep your faith a secret. I hope that nothing ever bad happens to you if your family was to discover that you follow Jesus, because you seem like a really nice person and also because your picture is extremely cute!

In terms of obtaining a physical copy, would it be possible to order one online? If you was then you could get it delivered to a delivery box or safe place so that your family do not open it. Do you know if you have any charity shops nearby as there is a chance that you might find some in there; or even better, if there are any churches near you, or Christian organisations?

I realise now that the answer to these are probably no but I am sure that God will help you in any case, and a Bible will pop up soon enough.

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

My King and Lord

Mar 7, 2019
I am not from Albania
✟20,487.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think she lives in a country where persecution is high and bible accessibility is low.
I don't actually live in Albania, I honestly wish I could put no nation. I just put Albania cause they don't care about religion. I live in western nation, but most people here are atheist and irreligious, so I don't even have many christians to talk to here. I don't want people knowing I am christian at all, unless I tell them. I will feel so embarrassed that someone I didn't tell or don't know too well find out I converted. I am also kind of afraid of the consequences of it.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is not easily done.

Albania is the world's first officially atheist country. Churches, synagogues, and even mosques are tightly controlled, and there are very few of them.

Bibles (and even Korans) in private hands are few and far between.

I don't think there will be any Christian book stores there.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
This is not easily done.

Albania is the world's first officially atheist country. Churches, synagogues, and even mosques are tightly controlled, and there are very few of them.

Bibles (and even Korans) in private hands are few and far between.

I don't think there will be any Christian book stores there.

The OP isn't actually in Albania.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't actually live in Albania, I honestly wish I could put no nation. I just put Albania cause they don't care about religion. I live in western nation, but most people here are atheist and irreligious, so I don't even have many christians to talk to here. I don't want people knowing I am christian at all, unless I tell them. I will feel so embarrassed that someone I didn't tell or don't know too well find out I converted. I am also kind of afraid of the consequences of it.
Where do you live? Are bibles not sold there? I don’t know how we can help you if we don’t know where you live and why you can’t buy a bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

My King and Lord

Mar 7, 2019
I am not from Albania
✟20,487.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where do you live? Are bibles not sold there? I don’t know how we can help you if we don’t know where you live and why you can’t buy a bible.
Ok I am going to reveal more about my location since that is a big issue. I live in Americas. Maybe Canada, maybe America. Small town, nothing interesting is here. There is a book store, but it's in a college and it will be a long walk. Probably about 50 minutes to get there. I live near one church but its really bad. Its just some warn down, evangelical church no one goes to. I think the place may be abandoned. No eastern church near me and I am very interested in eastern denominations more than western ones. Plus evangelicalism is one of my least favourite denominations. I honestly do not know what happened to the Bible I returned, maybe it's in the back, maybe they just shipped it off to another library. Either way if I can't get it, I'll just keep using my application. It's not the best, but many people throughout the world can't even have access to a Bible.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Edwin627

Jan 11, 2017
England
✟28,651.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

What consequences? I know where you are coming from though. It's almost socially unacceptable to be Christian in certain parts of the West now. However the worst I've got is arguments, the best finding others that are, well, like yourself really.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok I am going to reveal more about my location since that is a big issue. I live in Americas. Maybe Canada, maybe America. Small town, nothing interesting is here. There is a book store, but it's in a college and it will be a long walk. Probably about 50 minutes to get there. I live near one church but its really bad. Its just some warn down, evangelical church no one goes to. I think the place may be abandoned. No eastern church near me and I am very interested in eastern denominations more than western ones. Plus evangelicalism is one of my least favourite denominations. I honestly do not know what happened to the Bible I returned, maybe it's in the back, maybe they just shipped it off to another library. Either way if I can't get it, I'll just keep using my application. It's not the best, but many people throughout the world can't even have access to a Bible.
Amazon.com sells them. I know they will ship to the US, and I would be highly surprised if they did not ship to Canada.

• Agree
Upvote 0