How to make it "Official"

CoreyO

Mar 18, 2008
✟8,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so I'm not in this situation... yet... but what do you all think is the best way to "officially" become couple? To "officially" be boyfriend/girlfriend?

Do you wait until someone asks "so you two are together" and then akwardly say "Well... yes, actually..."

Or do you just ask the other person "So, I've been feeling really good about us... and I was wondering if you'd like to officially start going out." (or something along those lines)

This initial stage has always been confusing for me, so I'm looking to get some input before I ever have it arise. :D

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my case, I got the message when my girlfriend switched my Facebook status to "in a relationship"...with her :D

well you switched your status to "in a relationship" first. I just added in relationship with.... part

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So we're agreed the transition took place on Facebook...how 21st century :p

of course. this is the age of technology. But considering we were both together in person the time the transaction took place makes up for the overly professional aspect of the whole thing. :D

Upvote 0

CF_ChristianKitten24

Jun 23, 2008
Quebec, Canada
✟7,777.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I agree, generally talking itover works although I don't notice serial dating these days very often, usually instead of going on dates with a bunch of different people and then picking one, it seems to be more common to have a group hanging out and then pairing off comes out of that....

ie A, B, C, D, E and F all hang out regularily and when A and F start going out alone it's kinda taken as they're exclusive(even though they probably don't discuss it right away)
instead of A takes C out on Friday, F out on Saturday and B out on Sunday and then picks F and asks her to go steady.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would build her a cake and write your initials and her initials + 4EVER

So it would be like:

D B
+
R G (Random Girl :p)

4EVER

I think that is the best way to let someone know that you are "official" with them. If you can't say it with a cake, how else will they understand????

Upvote 0