Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I dislike Halloween. Feels and seems like devil worship....

It's "all hallows eve." A celebration of the saints.

But it's overlaid on old pagan celebrations, when the spirits of the dead return to the world.

It has no power whatever, unless you make it something other than what it is today.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged

But it's overlaid on old pagan celebrations, when the spirits of the dead return to the world.

It has no power whatever, unless you make it something other than what it is today.

So are you for it or against it? Also,.. thanks for nobody saying anything to me that I can't celebrate it if I choose to. (Actually I think one person might have but mostly not.) I really appreciate it. :)

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Society today uses it for things other than a celebration of the Saints.

• Agree
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So are you for it or against it? Also,.. thanks for nobody saying anything to me that I can't celebrate it if I choose to. (Actually I think one person might have but mostly not.) I really appreciate it. :)

Very much against it. It was at its root a pagan celebration of the dead. The druids carved out pumpkins and called for demons to inhabit them and went around door to door demanding people give them items. Those who didn't comply were sacrificed on 'bone fires' this is where the traditions of pumpkin carving, trick o treating and 'bonfires' come from. There is nothing even slightly Christian about it.

If I was American I would probably celebrate harvest instead. Some shops here and for sure the cities try and cash into Halloween but for most of the country, it's basically a fizzer. The whole pumpkin thing in the middle of spring planting doesn't jive. We have Easter in the Autumn/Fall and Christmas is in the middle of summer so our country has a completely different feel over these holidays compared to the US.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Very much against it. It was at its root a pagan celebration of the dead. The druids carved out pumpkins and called for demons to inhabit them and went around door to door demanding people give them items. Those who didn't comply were sacrificed on 'bone fires' this is where the traditions of pumpkin carving, trick o treating and 'bonfires' come from. There is nothing even slightly Christian about it.

If I was American I would probably celebrate harvest instead. Some shops here and for sure the cities try and cash into Halloween but for most of the country, it's basically a fizzer. The whole pumpkin thing in the middle of spring planting doesn't jive. We have Easter in the Autumn/Fall and Christmas is in the middle of summer so our country has a completely different feel over these holidays compared to the US.

Yes,.. but you also aren't telling me what to do and basically just stating your personal opinion.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes,.. but you also aren't telling me what to do and basically just stating your personal opinion.

You didn't ask me to tell you what to do.

You said
So are you for it or against it?

So I posted back saying I was against it and why.

You want me to tell you what to do? I'm not used to that on here lol.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
You didn't ask me to tell you what to do.

You said

So I posted back saying I was against it and why.

You want me to tell you what to do? I'm not used to that on here lol.

No,.. I'm just saying thank you is all. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.