Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ironically, if a dachshund and a bulldog got into a fight, the bulldog would definitely take the worst of it. Dachshunds were bred to dig into badger dens and drag the badger out. A dog has to be tough and crazy brave to handle that task.

According to the AKC standards for the breed, "scars from honorable wounds shall not be considered a fault" because the dachshund is a hunting dog.

I had a wire-haired dachshund who was very tolerant of little dogs, but a large dog would set him off. One day a large dog wandered onto the property, and when Fritz went after him, made the mistake of standing his ground. It was almost his last mistake. Fortunately for him he could run faster than Fritz could. Dachshunds have no idea that they are small; they have loose skin that allows them to turn and chew up whatever grabs them, and they have a very strong bite.

• Informative
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are planning on having a live stream Netflix party. We are going to dress up in costumes or cosplays and buy candy and snacks to eat along with pizza. I think on Netflix streaming service we can also chat with our friends while watching the movie. We may even have a double feature. :tonguewink::clapperboard:

• Winner
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
We are planning on having a live stream Netflix party. We are going to dress up in costumes or cosplays and buy candy and snacks to eat along with pizza. I think on Netflix streaming service we can also chat with our friends while watching the movie. We may even have a double feature. :tonguewink::clapperboard:

Sounds great!! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

That sounds like such a fun idea.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
October 1st, the Halloween Decorations are going up, including lights, lawn ornaments and everything inside as well.

Still not sure if we will offer a walk through haunted house this year, but we are planning to do so, we will be ready just in case.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"Candy company Hershey is doing their best to make sure Halloween happens even during the pandemic, and they are using an interactive online map that assigns each county in the U.S. a code and suggestions for activities based on that code." Hershey proposes safe trick-or-treating ideas based on US virus risk

Map here: search for your state on the left and move the mouse around the map for pop information.
Halloween 2020

• Informative
Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is what we have so far:

The Treats will be individually packaged. The kids will request which one they want, it will be placed into their hand or bag using a snake picker-upper type device.
The adult beverages will be limited to beer and wine in single serve bottles only. There will be NO mixed drinks this year. There will be no edible snacks.
There will be taped 6 foot markings on the ground. We will require masks for anyone to enter into the haunted house. It does not matter what the President, Governor or mayor say....it is OUR haunted house and we require masks. Amen.

As for the haunted house, no actors, all hands off animatronics and decorations behind barriers, limited to one group at a time. No fortune teller, as it required too much touch and cleaning. Maybe next year.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Very much against it. It was at its root a pagan celebration of the dead. The druids carved out pumpkins and called for demons to inhabit them and went around door to door demanding people give them items. Those who didn't comply were sacrificed on 'bone fires' this is where the traditions of pumpkin carving, trick o treating and 'bonfires' come from. There is nothing even slightly Christian about it.

If I was American I would probably celebrate harvest instead. Some shops here and for sure the cities try and cash into Halloween but for most of the country, it's basically a fizzer. The whole pumpkin thing in the middle of spring planting doesn't jive. We have Easter in the Autumn/Fall and Christmas is in the middle of summer so our country has a completely different feel over these holidays compared to the US.
I

I live in the UK but my church (anglican) does a harvest celebration and a light party on Halloween for the kids as an alternative to halloween. Celebrating light instead of darkness

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We’ll stay home and give out candy to ‘Trick-o-treaters’ that stop by. The number of participants has been dwindling over the years so we’re not expecting much of a turnout.

Upvote 0