✟1,054,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 1:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

1 Sperm out of 40M is not micromanagment ?

No. That's God's purpose in a child being born.
Micromanaging your life means the Lord telling you what to wear, where to go, what to do each day, what to eat/read/watch, what hobbies to have and so on. E.g, that the Lord desires that you should wear a red skirt, and if you wear a blue one, you are going against his will. Or, in the given scenario, that you have to have a specific job and if you fail, you are sinning.

If it were vitally important to the Lord that we had a certain job, we would get it.

Upvote 0

MichaelDB

Jun 14, 2018
New Iberia
✟20,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This thread reminds me of an old Simpsons episode, the one when Bart and Todd were playing in a mini golf tournament.
*Simpson family walks up to Flanders family while Flanders were praying together quietly *
Homer: give it up Flanders we already did that and both boys can't win
Flanders: Actually Simpson, we were praying that no body gets hurt
At the end of the episode both Bart and Todd decide they were equally good at the game and both forfeit before the last putt when the score was dead even leading both of them to be named winner leading to Ned remarking to Homer how the boys had really taught the adults something.
That is honestly how I believe is the best way to answer OP'S question in a contemporary context.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. That's God's purpose in a child being born.
Micromanaging your life means the Lord telling you what to wear, where to go, what to do each day, what to eat/read/watch, what hobbies to have and so on. E.g, that the Lord desires that you should wear a red skirt, and if you wear a blue one, you are going against his will. Or, in the given scenario, that you have to have a specific job and if you fail, you are sinning.

If it were vitally important to the Lord that we had a certain job, we would get it.

Everything you said he alredy told us through Paul if he didn't care he would not have it written for us .

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything you said he alredy told us through Paul

Where does Paul say that God cares about what colour skirt I wear; if I wear one at all?
Or what hobbies I have, where I live etc etc?
If Scripture was explicit about these things - if I could open my Bible and read "you will go and live in Manchester" - no one would have any problems about guidance. Unless of course someone destined to live in Scotland picked up a Bible commanding them to live in London.

Many times in Scripture, God lets people choose.
Some things - like make of car, whether to have a lap top or an ipad - aren't in Scripture at all, for the simple reason that they hadn't been invented then.

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OP ... please read the Book of Luke. The answer to your question is right there.

God is not a parent. You cant get ahead of the other 'siblings' by doing special favors. God knows what each person needs. Therefore, humble yourself and pray for the **success** of your competitor.

Please consider the outcomes for all the disciples of Christ in the Bible. Which one of them became a President & CEO, and drove a Mercedes? None of them, right? Therefore, all of their personal squabbles amounted to nothing. God had a very different path planned than the one they were expecting.

Blessings!!

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where does Paul say that God cares about what colour skirt I wear; if I wear one at all?
Or what hobbies I have, where I live etc etc?
If Scripture was explicit about these things - if I could open my Bible and read "you will go and live in Manchester" - no one would have any problems about guidance. Unless of course someone destined to live in Scotland picked up a Bible commanding them to live in London.

Many times in Scripture, God lets people choose.
Some things - like make of car, whether to have a lap top or an ipad - aren't in Scripture at all, for the simple reason that they hadn't been invented then.

Paul tells us that God does not care what we eat because he cleaned everything . He was not specific about car but he was specific about meat , hairstyle for women , women speaking in church , work ethics ect .

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul tells us that God does not care what we eat because he cleaned everything . He was not specific about car but he was specific about meat , hairstyle for women , women speaking in church , work ethics ect .

No he wasn't - or at least, not unless you assume that every word of Scripture is for us today and has to be applied today.
Or you are still under the Jewish law. The Hebrews had to do all these things to make them clean and show that they were holy. Don't know about you but I have been made clean by Jesus.

In the passage you just referred to, Paul also says that women shouldn't wear gold. What are most wedding rings made of, and where do we exchange them?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Sorry, no. Look on other websites , likely Jewish, about what Yahweh and Paul said. It is not what you said, nor what you were taught.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jeremiah 1:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

1 Sperm out of 40M is not micromanagment ?
He holds every atom, every molecule, every substance on earth, under the earth, in the sky, in the universe together by the power of His Word.
If He withdrew His Present Power (if He chose to and could), it would be gone/ destroyed instantly.

It is not ever by chance when a woman becomes a woman with new life in her womb, no, not once, not ever.

Always God's Doing - each and every time - He closes the womb as He pleases, when He pleases, and He opens the womb as He pleases, when He pleases.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,154.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Lets give a hypothetical here. Say there are two people up for one job promotion. Both are devout Christians and both pray to God for the same thing namely so they get the new position. How does one gain favor in Gods eyes when praying?
You start with getting favor from the Father before the job interview. The Bible makes it clear how to get His favor: Keep His Commandments and walk in His ways.

However, if two equally obedient Christians want the same job, then what? Well, Abba has all the data. They don't. They don't know what changes could occur in that company, or how it will eventually fit into other plans, maybe great plans, He has for them. He doesn't want everyone to serve Him in the same way. So the best thing in that case is just say "You will be done. That or something better, please."

Reactions: Chinchilla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,154.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Do we really believe God micromanages our lives as much as we believe He micromanages our lives?
Yes, He really does micromanage, if we are wise enough to let Him do so. "Trust in YHWH" aka God "with all your heart and learn not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You start with getting favor from the Father before the job interview. The Bible makes it clear how to get His favor: Keep His Commandments and walk in His ways.

However, if two equally obedient Christians want the same job, then what?

So we have to "earn" the right to things; please God to somehow "deserve" having our prayers answered?
No. We can do nothing to earn God's favour. He sent his Son to die for sinners.
It is his will that we accept his Son and receive eternal life, but it's not that we have done him a favour by doing this, so he owes us.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
show yourself approved of and committed to him by pleasing him in all the things you do and he tells you to do...God is not looking for a favorite to magically bless, he's looking for people who are devoted to him and pleasing and right in all there ways. If you want to win his heart, have a heart for and of God.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and you don't really need God's favor for that, sometimes all we need to do is just pray and ask.. so if you asked him for the job i don't see why he wouldn't give it to you because sometimes God likes blessing people out of the blue..so just try, you never know

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lets give a hypothetical here. Say there are two people up for one job promotion. Both are devout Christians and both pray to God for the same thing namely so they get the new position. How does one gain favor in Gods eyes when praying?
On earth, a job promotion is usually not decided by God but by the company's boss/CEO and/or top managers = it's not God's will on which of the 2 equally devout Christian gets the job promotion. The company's criteria for a job promotion is usually not based on a worker's Christian-devoutness or prayerful life. In USA, this would be against the Law, ie discrimination based on religion. So, your question about gaining favor with God when praying, to get the job promotion is moot.

It's like 2 equally "devout" Christians praying to God to get elected as the POTUS, eg Trump(= Presbyterian) and Hillary(= Methodist) in the Nov 2016 election. It was the US voters who had decided, not God, even though it may be part of God's permissive will for USA.

OTOH, in the kingdom of heaven, "jobs" for the servants of God have already been predetermined by "God will give to everyone according to his/her work/deeds done on earth".(REVELATION.22:12)

Upvote 0

Drought of the Heart

Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2018
Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God once told me to not take a job and I thought I knew better and took it. It was the worst disaster I ever got myself into. God once told me to not buy a house , I thought I knew better and the 2 years later the real estate market crashed and I lost it, just pray and ask if He wants you to have anything, wait for answer and listen...

Upvote 0

Gell

Redeemed
Site Supporter
May 9, 2018
England
✟56,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
For me, it's having a faith even as big as a mustard seed. Everything is possible with the Lord of hosts. We just have to put our full trust in Him without a shadow of a doubt.
Sometimes that's a bit difficult to do but Jesus Christ promises to be with us no matter what. The best thing is that He will never forsake us.
God bless!

Upvote 0