Jan 9, 2017
Julian, CA
Visit site
✟26,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam never lost his spirit when he sinned. As I stated before, his spirit became cut off from God. Whether saint or atheist, everybody on earth has a human spirit otherwise he would be dead.
Again as I said before, fallen angels, despite being dead, are still independent spirit beings, but cut off from God.
Likewise fallen humanity, we are also independent spirit beings, but contained in a physical body.
In both cases, the human spirit, angelic spirit, and demonic spirits, are separate and different to the Holy Spirit.

When someone dies, people often say, "He has given up the ghost", because that's what happens. His human spirit departs the body and the body is dead.

James2v26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
Although the context refers to another issue, James is stating a fact of life.
This is proved in many other places of scripture.

Genesis25v8Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people.

Genesis25v17And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, an hundred and thirty and seven years: and he gave up the ghost and died; and was gathered unto his people.

Genesis35v29And Isaac gave up the ghost, and died, and was gathered unto his people, being old and full of days: and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.

The following is the entire opposite, a child's human spirit returns and she comes back to life.
Luke8v54 But Jesus took her by the hand and called out, “Child, get up!” 55 Her spirit returned, and at once she got up. And He directed that she be given something to eat.

And finally, Jesus gives up the ghost.
John19v30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

The word "spirit" in the scriptures is used in several different ways depending on context. Index #9 in E. W. Bullinter's Companion Bible lays them out if you are interested. Suffice it to say for now that sometimes "spirit" refers to the spirit of man, i.e. the soul, and other times it refers to eternal life spirit which is God's gift to all born again believers. Spirit, as opposed to flesh, is not visible, which is the number 1 defining characteristic of spirit. Genesis shows how breath life and soul go hand in hand.

Gen 2:7,

And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.​

Proverbs 18:14 and 20:27 are two examples of the spirit of man.

God is holy (Josh 24:19) and he is spirit (John 4:24). There are other verses that say the same thing, but the upshot is that God is often called The Holy Spirit. That is not the same as the spirit of man. Polar opposites, really. God, being holy and spirit, gives us the gift of holy spirit when we are born again.

There is nothing holy nor eternal about the spirit of man, but there is nothing but holy and eternal in the spirit of God.

Adam had body, soul (spirit of man), and spirit (spirit of God). When he sinned he lost the spirit of God. He still had soul, but that was not eternal and so he, along with the rest of human kind, dies. However, with the new birth it is possible to be born again of the spirit and have eternal life. That spirit is God's gift and it is perfect. That is why it will never corrupt like our soul. We were born again of incorruptible seed (1 Peter 1:23). That is what will enter the paradise of the third heaven and third earth, not the body or soul.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
God is holy (Josh 24:19) and he is spirit (John 4:24). There are other verses that say the same thing, but the upshot is that God is often called The Holy Spirit. That is not the same as the spirit of man. Polar opposites, really. God, being holy and spirit, gives us the gift of holy spirit when we are born again.
You've done it again.
I never once said the Holy Spirit is the same as the spirit of man!
There is nothing holy nor eternal about the spirit of man, but there is nothing but holy and eternal in the spirit of God.
Wrong. Do you understand the meaning of the "Holy"?
"Holy", simply means being set apart. Even sodomite temple prostitutes were called holy!

Once we are redeemed, then we are made holy or set apart to God
Lev19v2 Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: 'Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy.
Lev21v8 Regard them as holy, because they offer up the food of your God. Consider them holy, because I the LORD am holy--I who make you holy.

Peter reiterates it in the NT.
1Peter1v15But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do,
16Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

And below we are told that God completely sanctifies us (makes us holy). That completeness is then immediately defined as body soul and spirit!
1Thes5v23Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify (make holy) you completely, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved, entirely blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The word "spirit" in the above scripture cannot refer to the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is already God and already sanctified.

Upvote 0

rrobsr

Jan 9, 2017
Julian, CA
Visit site
✟26,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You've done it again.
I never once said the Holy Spirit is the same as the spirit of man!

Wrong. Do you understand the meaning of the "Holy"?
"Holy", simply means being set apart. Even sodomite temple prostitutes were called holy!

Once we are redeemed, then we are made holy or set apart to God
Lev19v2 Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: 'Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy.
Lev21v8 Regard them as holy, because they offer up the food of your God. Consider them holy, because I the LORD am holy--I who make you holy.

Peter reiterates it in the NT.
1Peter1v15But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do,
16Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

And below we are told that God completely sanctifies us (makes us holy). That completeness is then immediately defined as body soul and spirit!
1Thes5v23Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify (make holy) you completely, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved, entirely blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The word "spirit" in the above scripture cannot refer to the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is already God and already sanctified.

Yes, I understand holy (at least some little bit). As you say, God is holy and therefore set apart. Aren't we, as born again Christians also set apart, holy? 1 Cor 6:11 comes to mind, but I know there is more.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but besides the spirit of man, the spirit of God, there are many other uses of the word. I mentioned Bullinger's Companion Bible for further study. That's where I learned about it (at least what little I know). In any case, one of the other uses of spirit, holy spirit in particular, is God's gift to those born again. It was first given to the world on the day of Pentecost. It's precisely what makes us born again. We get holy spirit, God's gift.

Acts 1:4-5,
4 And, being assembled together with [them], commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, [saith he], ye have heard of me.
5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

That's pretty plain and the same pattern is brought out oodles of times in the rest of Acts and the Epistles of Paul. We have the gift of holy spirit and that is what lives on. That is what God sees when he looks at you. He does not see your flesh anymore. It was crucified with Christ. We keep bringing up our dead flesh, but not God. Instead he sees his perfect creation he put in you, holy spirit. I don't understand why 1 Thes 5:2 cannot refer to that gift. It's the crux of the new birth.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Yes, I understand holy (at least some little bit). As you say, God is holy and therefore set apart. Aren't we, as born again Christians also set apart, holy? 1 Cor 6:11 comes to mind, but I know there is more.
Of course. That's been my point all along, but not what you appeared to say previously. But lets move on.
Maybe I wasn't clear, but besides the spirit of man, the spirit of God, there are many other uses of the word. I mentioned Bullinger's Companion Bible for further study. That's where I learned about it (at least what little I know). In any case, one of the other uses of spirit, holy spirit in particular, is God's gift to those born again. It was first given to the world on the day of Pentecost. It's precisely what makes us born again. We get holy spirit, God's gift.
I completely reject the notion that the Holy Spirit was first poured out at Pentecost.
I also completely reject the notion that Pentecost was the first time that the apostles or anyone else could be born again.

In John3 Jesus told Nicodemus, (in the present, not future tense) "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."
If Nicodemus had to wait three and a half years for before being born again was possible, Jesus's statement is a complete nonsense.

Jn3v4 Nicodemus responds in the present tense, "How is a man able to be born, being old? Is he able to enter into the womb of his mother a second time, and to be born?"

Nicodemus is talking about the present day not the future, and Jesus answers in the present tense again.
John3v5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless anyone be born of water and of the Spirit, he is not able (Present tense) to enter into the kingdom of God.

Digressing slightly, but significantly-
To comprehend what we call the New Testament bible, we must get into our heads that it is actually still Old Covenant theology and conversation until Matt26v28 when Jesus presents the New Covenant!
Ignoring that fact leads to all sorts of garbage being ingested!

I hope this makes sense!

If the Patriarchs like Abraham had not been born again, then they could never have experienced what they did, nor written as they did.

Upvote 0

rrobsr

Jan 9, 2017
Julian, CA
Visit site
✟26,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course. That's been my point all along, but not what you appeared to say previously. But lets move on.

I completely reject the notion that the Holy Spirit was first poured out at Pentecost.
I also completely reject the notion that Pentecost was the first time that the apostles or anyone else could be born again.

In John3 Jesus told Nicodemus, (in the present, not future tense) "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."
If Nicodemus had to wait three and a half years for before being born again was possible, Jesus's statement is a complete nonsense.

Jn3v4 Nicodemus responds in the present tense, "How is a man able to be born, being old? Is he able to enter into the womb of his mother a second time, and to be born?"

Nicodemus is talking about the present day not the future, and Jesus answers in the present tense again.
John3v5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless anyone be born of water and of the Spirit, he is not able (Present tense) to enter into the kingdom of God.

Digressing slightly, but significantly-
To comprehend what we call the New Testament bible, we must get into our heads that it is actually still Old Covenant theology and conversation until Matt26v28 when Jesus presents the New Covenant!
Ignoring that fact leads to all sorts of garbage being ingested!

I hope this makes sense!

If the Patriarchs like Abraham had not been born again, then they could never have experienced what they did, nor written as they did.
First of all, thanks for the discussion. It always sharpens minds and makes us think.

If what you said is true, and I'm not saying it's not, I have two questions for now:
Why did Jesus die?
What did happen on the day of Pentecost, what changed?

Also, it is worth noting that in Matt 26:28 Jesus used the present tense when referring to his blood said, "...which is shed..." He used the present tense, not the future, like the incident with Nicodemus you mentioned. Surely his blood wasn't spilling all over the table and ruining dessert.

In Greek: The present tense can either be continuous/ongoing or undefined.
Greek Verbs Help Tutorial

In both verses, Matt 26:28 and John 3:5, the Greek verb is not in the indicative mood and is therefore in the undefined category. The link above explains the Greek verb in simple terms. If you are not familiar with Greek, don't be let it stop you from learning a few basics. The Greek language is considered the most precise language of all times. It often makes plain what what might be unclear in our English translations.

But the main thing I'm interested in is your answers to the two questions I asked, why did Jesus have to die, and what was the significance of Pentecost? Thanks...

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
First of all, thanks for the discussion. It always sharpens minds and makes us think.
Iron sharpens iron, etc.
If what you said is true, and I'm not saying it's not, I have two questions for now:
Why did Jesus die?
He died for all the reasons you already know.
But note, God dwells outside of time, so although he was slain 2000 years ago, he was slain before the world began.
Rev13v8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the Lamb's book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.
I could go further, but will leave you to ponder first.
What did happen on the day of Pentecost, what changed?
What Jesus said would happen did happen.-
Acts1v8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
Previously, they had only received Holy Spirit power when Jesus breathed on them and sent them out.
But they always depended on Jesus being in their midst. The apostles were still very carnal, viewing everything from their own agenda. That's why they wanted to know who was the greatest etc., and why Peter boasted that he would never desert Jesus. That's why, at the point of His departure they wanted to know if he was going to take the kingdom back and drive the Romans out.
They were still thinking like men instead of Sons of the Most High God, sold on His will alone.

Jesus clearly told them that the Holy Spirit was always there for the asking.
Luke11v13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" (Asking in the present tense not future tense.)

In fact, the constant references to wisdom in the Book of Proverbs clearly indicate the Holy Spirit. Here is what she, Wisdom, promised them long before Pentecost.
Prov1v23 Turn to my reproof, Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.

Jesus told the apostles He had to leave otherwise the Holy Spirit would not come.
Jn16v7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

I believe the Holy Spirit would not come until the apostles died to their own agenda and their carnal attitude. And that's what happened in the upper room after Jesus departed.
The first thing the apostles did was to get themselves all organised and elect a replacement for Judas. Interestingly, we never hear of him again!
Then, "What's next on the agenda chaps? Er... who's in charge here........... who's going to do the coffee ....... etc."
Heeeeelp............weee caaaan't dooo thiiis.
Finally these guys repented of all their bombast and self reliance. They died right there in the upper room.
They looked at what Jesus had said, and realised that it was not them, but God the Holy Spirit doing the work through them, so long as they got right out of the way.

Then and only then, did they have faith to ask for God's full power instead of theirs.
Just as God had always planned, that coincided with Pentecost, and we can read the rest in the book of Acts.

You don't have to believe my back story, but it matches the rest of scripture rather than the traditional view.

Also, it is worth noting that in Matt 26:28 Jesus used the present tense when referring to his blood said, "...which is shed..." He used the present tense, not the future, like the incident with Nicodemus you mentioned. Surely his blood wasn't spilling all over the table and ruining dessert.
Starting at Adam, the blood of Jesus was past, present, and future tense, always applicable even when they didn't understand the how, why, and wherefore.
After his rebellion, instead of Adam dying as indicated in God's warning, Jesus slit the throat of a lamb, and draped the bloody skins around Adam and Eve.
In Greek: The present tense can either be continuous/ongoing or undefined.
Greek Verbs Help Tutorial
But those ongoing present tense verbs must be ongoing from the present time. What matters is that they were not future.
In both verses, Matt 26:28 and John 3:5, the Greek verb is not in the indicative mood and is therefore in the undefined category. The link above explains the Greek verb in simple terms. If you are not familiar with Greek, don't be let it stop you from learning a few basics. The Greek language is considered the most precise language of all times. It often makes plain what what might be unclear in our English translations.
I'm no Greek scholar but I always use the online concordance (biblehub etc.) to check what I quote.
According to Strong's, both verses are in the Present Indicative Active.
But John3 is not just one verse, its a whole discourse in the present tense.
But the main thing I'm interested in is your answers to the two questions I asked, why did Jesus have to die, and what was the significance of Pentecost? Thanks...
I hope that goes some way to answer your two questions!

Upvote 0

rrobsr

Jan 9, 2017
Julian, CA
Visit site
✟26,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Iron sharpens iron, etc.

He died for all the reasons you already know.
But note, God dwells outside of time, so although he was slain 2000 years ago, he was slain before the world began.
Rev13v8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the Lamb's book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.
I could go further, but will leave you to ponder first.

What Jesus said would happen did happen.-
Acts1v8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
Previously, they had only received Holy Spirit power when Jesus breathed on them and sent them out.
But they always depended on Jesus being in their midst. The apostles were still very carnal, viewing everything from their own agenda. That's why they wanted to know who was the greatest etc., and why Peter boasted that he would never desert Jesus. That's why, at the point of His departure they wanted to know if he was going to take the kingdom back and drive the Romans out.
They were still thinking like men instead of Sons of the Most High God, sold on His will alone.

Jesus clearly told them that the Holy Spirit was always there for the asking.
Luke11v13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" (Asking in the present tense not future tense.)

In fact, the constant references to wisdom in the Book of Proverbs clearly indicate the Holy Spirit. Here is what she, Wisdom, promised them long before Pentecost.
Prov1v23 Turn to my reproof, Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.

Jesus told the apostles He had to leave otherwise the Holy Spirit would not come.
Jn16v7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

I believe the Holy Spirit would not come until the apostles died to their own agenda and their carnal attitude. And that's what happened in the upper room after Jesus departed.
The first thing the apostles did was to get themselves all organised and elect a replacement for Judas. Interestingly, we never hear of him again!
Then, "What's next on the agenda chaps? Er... who's in charge here........... who's going to do the coffee ....... etc."
Heeeeelp............weee caaaan't dooo thiiis.
Finally these guys repented of all their bombast and self reliance. They died right there in the upper room.
They looked at what Jesus had said, and realised that it was not them, but God the Holy Spirit doing the work through them, so long as they got right out of the way.

Then and only then, did they have faith to ask for God's full power instead of theirs.
Just as God had always planned, that coincided with Pentecost, and we can read the rest in the book of Acts.

You don't have to believe my back story, but it matches the rest of scripture rather than the traditional view.

Starting at Adam, the blood of Jesus was past, present, and future tense, always applicable even when they didn't understand the how, why, and wherefore.
After his rebellion, instead of Adam dying as indicated in God's warning, Jesus slit the throat of a lamb, and draped the bloody skins around Adam and Eve.

But those ongoing present tense verbs must be ongoing from the present time. What matters is that they were not future.

I'm no Greek scholar but I always use the online concordance (biblehub etc.) to check what I quote.
According to Strong's, both verses are in the Present Indicative Active.
But John3 is not just one verse, its a whole discourse in the present tense.

I hope that goes some way to answer your two questions!

Well, I hate to say it, but your doctrine seems a bit convoluted to me. For one thing, to get saved one must confess the Lord Jesus and believe God raised him from the dead (Rom 10:9-10). Nobody could have done that until he was raised. That leaves out Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, etc. I understand God knows all apart from time, but the events themselves still run their course. Undoubtedly Abraham and company will be in the first resurrection, the good one, (Rev 20:4), but they won't be caught up into the air like born again Christians (1 Thes 4:17). They are not members of the body of Christ. That is born again Christians. The Jews are the bride of Christ. Body and bride are not the same, but that is another topic altogether.

We all see through darkened glass in the here and now (1 Cor 13:2) so I am always careful about thinking I know all about God. I'm always open to learning, but I believe the scriptures have to make sense, even to people since it is people to whom God writes. I see a lot of holes in your post. Sorry, but that's just how I see it. We'll find out all about it soon enough (1 Cor 15:2). I bet neither of us have the whole thing totally correct, but we'll see down the road when we know as we are known. Something to look forward to, for sure!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rrobsr

Jan 9, 2017
Julian, CA
Visit site
✟26,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what does love look like?
Good question. Love is an abstract noun and therefore has no appearance at all. You can often see the results it produces, but not love itself. Do you have any ideas? I'd be interested to hear what you might have to say.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that was his point.

Jesus is everyone's Savior and Lord, whether they know it or not. Perhaps not all receive the full benefit of that, but that's far different from saying that Jesus is the savior of only certain people. What Jesus won on the cross, he won for all people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Well, I hate to say it, but your doctrine seems a bit convoluted to me.
What I have said is simplicity itself, its the completely unbiblical nonsense of separating OT saints from NT saints that mangles and convolutes everything.
For one thing, to get saved one must confess the Lord Jesus and believe God raised him from the dead (Rom 10:9-10). Nobody could have done that until he was raised. That leaves out Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, etc. I understand God knows all apart from time, but the events themselves still run their course. Undoubtedly Abraham and company will be in the first resurrection, the good one, (Rev 20:4), but they won't be caught up into the air like born again Christians (1 Thes 4:17). They are not members of the body of Christ.
That is born again Christians.
Of course the OT believers are members of the body of Christ, the very same Christ who walked in the Garden with Adam, who met with Joshua before Jericho, who Abraham paid tithes to after slaughtering the five kings etc.
The Jews are the bride of Christ.
So you admit the Jews are the Bride of Christ.
Body and bride are not the same, but that is another topic altogether.
But Body and Bride are metaphors for the same thing, if not, it makes a whole load of nonsense out of the scriptures.
The Bride or Body of Christ is also described in as a Son or sons of God.
Firstly, alongside your Jews, scripture makes it clear that NT Gentile believers (Or at least those in Corinth lol) are the Bride of Christ.-
2Corinthians11v2. For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy; for I betrothed you to one husband, so that to Christ I might present you as a pure virgin.

Secondly and even more problematic for you, the following passage joins Body and Bride together.
Eph5v22Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
That could not be clearer, Christ is husband of his bride the church, and also head of the body his church. The next 9 verses continue to reinforce this fact that the Ekklesia, the Bride and the Body are one in the same.
There are many references throughout the OT showing Israel as a wife of harlotry, ie an unfaithful Bride.

There are also references throughout the OT portraying Israel as a rebellious son of His Heavenly father.
Hosea11v1When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.
Likewise, all NT believers are also described as Sons of God.
We all see through darkened glass in the here and now (1 Cor 13:2) so I am always careful about thinking I know all about God. I'm always open to learning, but I believe the scriptures have to make sense, even to people since it is people to whom God writes. I see a lot of holes in your post.
I know there are some holes in my post because I couldn't address every point in full detail.
However familiarity also guarantees that you can't see that your stance is also full of holes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OP: Q: "How to be Saved Without Christ (and His completed work on the Cross) ?

A: Impossible.

John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me DRAWS him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, (Doubtful Thomas)

“I AM
the WAY, and ( Greek 3598...hodos...manner of thinking, feeling, deciding (soul)
the TRUTH, and (Greek 225....aletheia...what is true in things appertaining to God and the duties of man (spiritually)
the LIFE; (Greek 2222....zoe.... absolute fulness of (spiritual) life...which belongs to God,

no one comes to the Father but THROUGH Me.

Hebrews 12 [Jesus, the Example]
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us,
let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us,
and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus,
the author and perfecter of faith,
who for the joy set before Him endured the cross,
despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Peter 2:21[Christ Is Our Example]
For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you,
leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps,

SEE ALSO:

" Substitutionary Atonement "...What is it ??

Upvote 0

rrobsr

Jan 9, 2017
Julian, CA
Visit site
✟26,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OP: Q: "How to be Saved Without Christ (and His completed work on the Cross) ?

A: Impossible.

John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me DRAWS him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, (Doubtful Thomas)

“I AM
the WAY, and ( Greek 3598...hodos...manner of thinking, feeling, deciding (soul)
the TRUTH, and (Greek 225....aletheia...what is true in things appertaining to God and the duties of man (spiritually)
the LIFE; (Greek 2222....zoe.... absolute fulness of (spiritual) life...which belongs to God,

no one comes to the Father but THROUGH Me.

Hebrews 12 [Jesus, the Example]
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us,
let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us,
and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus,
the author and perfecter of faith,
who for the joy set before Him endured the cross,
despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Peter 2:21[Christ Is Our Example]
For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you,
leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps,

SEE ALSO:

" Substitutionary Atonement "...What is it ??
You are absolutely right. My original post was tongue and cheek and was supposed to show the futility of trying to be "good enough" to make it into paradise. Of course nobody but Jesus himself is able to live a sinless life.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
God is love...
Everyone will one day hear the gospel; this is a requirement in order for God to be just and loving in sending someone to the lake of fire for eternity. You can't decide to accept God or to reject God unless you have encountered him as he really is.

I believe this happens at the death of each person. Jesus reveals himself to them in all his glory (as occurred during the transfiguration) and he gives them time to ask their questions until they are satisfied they know all they want to know. Then they decide whether to accept or reject eternal redemption.

Those who cling tightly to their sin, who love it more than God; these will not release it when in God's presence. God judges merely by drawing close, by shining his light upon a person.

Sane people will fall down to their face and worship God, relinquishing their tight grasp of sin. They will, in this way, be attracted toward God like a magnet.

Insane people will reject God and be repelled ever and ever further away from God into darkness. This is the lake of fire. They choose it and they will never change their decision because their hatred of God is stronger than their suffering and misery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums