How to be saved and go to Heaven

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes, I read through these sorts of discussions and wonder if God intended us to be Bible scholars and theologians to be saved. Just too much in some of these ideas. I am surprised anyone gets saved. You practically need a Thd to get in the door.
It is good to be so knowledgeable about the word. But we have to remember someone just coming to Christ knows virtually nothing about scripture and the deeper things. Yet some of us want them to turn into instant mature adults to be saved. I don't t think it is that hard.

Reactions: TPop
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul is teaching to believers if they want God's protection and deliverance from persecution and harm from enemies of The Messiah. They need to not hold false beliefs. The false belief Paul is addressing in 1st Corinthians is that the dead in Christ are not raised to life.

Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
Well, I must say that’s not correct. Paul is teaching that they must not hold antichrist beliefs, which would prove those who don’t believe in Jesus’s resurrection are not really saved. The salvation Paul is speaking of has nothing to do with protection from their enemies. He is appealing to them to keep in memory what he taught them for salvation in Jesus so they don’t end up in hell fire. That’s why Paul said unless you have believed in vain.

To believe in vain is to believe a lie to where salvation cannot be obtained, and to not believe in Jesus’s resurrection, salvation cannot be obtained. So, if they held to that belief, their type of false-faith leads to damnation. So Paul was appealing to them and said, “ye are saved , if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.”

Now sometimes people don’t want to admit their error in interpreting scripture, and become offended at correction. I hope you take your time and look clearly at what Paul is telling the Corinthians.

The same thing happened with the Galatians, although another type of Antichrist belief they started wrongly practicing, being influenced by the Jews who was trying to get them to practice the Mosiac law. So, Paul had to remind them what they were taught from the beginning, saying,
Galatians 3:1-4 KJV
1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

The situation with the Galatians and Corinthians was similar; the Jews who were joined with the Sadducees who did not believe in the resurrection were the ones influencing the Corinthians to not believe Paul’s teachings, and the Jews who opposed Paul’s teaching the gospel, were the ones convincing the Galatians that to be saved they had to keep the Mosiac law.

Both situations was a denial of Christ! Those particular Jews absolutely did not believe in Jesus and Paul was speaking to both the Corinthians and Galatians to not follow them, unless their believing in Jesus was in vain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Basketball

Apr 7, 2020
New York
✟42,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But what does He mean by "whosoever believes in Him" ?
Does not the context explain more?

Jesus is talking to Nicodemus, that is the context, and what does He say to Nicodemus?

"We speak what we know, and testify what we have seen; and you receive not our witness."
"If I have told you earthly things, and you believe not, how shall you believe if I tell you of heavenly things?"

And then John concludes the chapter by saying:

"..he that does not believe the Son shall not see life.."
John 3:36

Clearly the context is believing the message that Jesus is giving, believing whatever He says,
He is the Messenger of the covenant, the Messiah.

We must believe in Jesus, His person and message, He is the key to salvation.
One can be saved by Jesus even if they only ever read Mathew Mark Luke and John!
Or do you contend that one must know and read Paul's words to be saved!?!

[ 1 Corinthians 1:13 1 Corinthians 16:22 John 14:21-24 ]

Does not the context explain more?"

I am not sure what you mean. Whosoever believeth in him means whoever believes in Jesus as savior will be saved.

"Clearly the context is believing the message that Jesus is giving, believing whatever He says,
He is the Messenger of the covenant, the Messiah"). You do not have to believe whatever Jesus says to be saved. Only need to believe that Jesus is your Savior. What message is Jesus giving in your the above quote?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well, I must say that’s not correct. Paul is teaching that they must not hold antichrist beliefs, which would prove those who don’t believe in Jesus’s resurrection are not really saved. The salvation Paul is speaking of has nothing to do with protection from their enemies. He is appealing to them to keep in memory what he taught them for salvation in Jesus so they don’t end up in hell fire. That’s why Paul said unless you have believed in vain.

To believe in vain is to believe a lie to where salvation cannot be obtained, and to not believe in Jesus’s resurrection, salvation cannot be obtained. So, if they held to that belief, their type of false-faith leads to damnation. So Paul was appealing to them and said, “ye are saved , if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.”

Now sometimes people don’t want to admit their error in interpreting scripture, and become offended at correction. I hope you take your time and look clearly at what Paul is telling the Corinthians.

The same thing happened with the Galatians, although another type of Antichrist belief they started wrongly practicing, being influenced by the Jews who was trying to get them to practice the Mosiac law. So, Paul had to remind them what they were taught from the beginning, saying,
Galatians 3:1-4 KJV
1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

The situation with the Galatians and Corinthians was similar; the Jews who were joined with the Sadducees who did not believe in the resurrection were the ones influencing the Corinthians to not believe Paul’s teachings, and the Jews who opposed Paul’s teaching the gospel, were the ones convincing the Galatians that to be saved they had to keep the Mosiac law.

Both situations was a denial of Christ! Those particular Jews absolutely did not believe in Jesus and Paul was speaking to both the Corinthians and Galatians to not follow them, unless their believing in Jesus was in vain.
-
That is quite some theological gymnastics, to get the belief that, Paul is addressing antichrist beliefs from 1 Corinthians 15. It really is not worth trying to further discuss chapter 15.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
That is quite some theological gymnastics, to get the belief that, Paul is addressing antichrist beliefs from 1 Corinthians 15. It really is not worth trying to further discuss chapter 15.
Only Satan would preach another gospel saying Christ never rose from the dead! There were many anti-Christ then, and now. Those who believe/believed Christ did not raise from the dead are in fact believing there is no salvation, because if Christ was never raised from the dead, then those in Christ cannot be raised to join Him into everlasting life.

To get a true understanding of what Paul is saying to the Corinthians, read further down. Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:29 KJV,
“Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?”

Meaning, if there is no resurrection, then we remain dead; then what’s the point of getting baptized if we remain dead. Why baptize for the dead!

Read all of 1 Corinthians 15 KJV. It’s a lot there!

God bless!

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does not the context explain more?

Jesus is talking to Nicodemus, that is the context, and what does He say to Nicodemus?

"We speak what we know, and testify what we have seen; and you receive not our witness."
"If I have told you earthly things, and you believe not, how shall you believe if I tell you of heavenly things?"

And then John concludes the chapter by saying:

"..he that does not believe the Son shall not see life.."

Clearly the context is believing the message that Jesus is giving, believing whatever He says,
He is the Messenger of the covenant, the Messiah.

We must believe in Jesus, His person and message, He is the key to salvation.
One can be saved by Jesus even if they only ever read Mathew Mark Luke and John!
Or do you contend that one must know and read Paul's words to be saved!?!

[ 1 Corinthians 1:13 1 Corinthians 16:22 John 14:21-24 ]
Who is whosoever? Is it not an election according to grace? And if so, as stated in the word, then who is graced to believe?

Rom 3:22-24 Even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ, UNTO ALL and UPON ALL them that believe, for there is no difference.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.
26- to demonstrate at the preset time His(Gods) righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Faith in Jesus is what God gives to the one He elects to believe from the Heart, thus He is the justifier of the one who believes. There is no difference between the unbeliever or the believer for both groups have fallen short as both groups are/were sinners.
The Faith is to ALL, but at this present time only UPON the believers. Election according to grace.

Now do we believe that those that confess Jesus Christ as lord and Savior shall be saved? Yes. But are they yet? Depends on whether or not
they have been graced with the necessary heart faith. Again, election according to grace.
How do we identify a true believer from the heart? Mark 16:17-18 They will have a testimony as to at least some of these things being a part
of their lives.
How would we recognize one that is of head faith but not yet heart faith believer? They reject all of the things spoken of the true believer
in Mark 16:17-18 for they do not have a testimony of those things in their life.

How many of these things did Paul say were in his life? Tongues(prayer), he raised at least one dead person back to life, he was bitten by a deadly
snake and lived, he cast out unclean spirits at times etc.....
So did his life match up with scripture as to a true believer or not? Yes!
Did Paul believe from the heart after his visitation or before? Seems to be after as he was on his way to persecute the church more and was in
no way a follower of the faith. He even called himself chief amongst sinners for he persecuted the church.
Then he states that he was graced because he did what he did ignorantly. 1 Ti 1:13-14 Can we claim ignorance as well?
14- NLT Oh, how generous and gracious our Lord was! HE FILLED ME WITH FAITH AND LOVE THAT COME FROM CHRIST JESUS

So here we have a guy persecuting the church with no repentance in mind and willfully rejecting Christ, who receives mercy at the hand
of the Lord in the form of being FILLED WITH FAITH AND LOVE that come from Jesus Christ.
Does that sound like election, or Pauls free will?

Don't get me wrong, but in order to see the kingdom one must be born again, and anyone who has received the Holy Ghost knows it is an
experience they will never forget. Unless that happens, one is not elect at this present time. Then and only then will one understand the kingdom.
It is NOT about going to heaven. It IS about becoming a son of God with power.

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.

Those that received Him are those that were filled with faith and love that come from JC. Born again in order to understand/see the kingdom.
Only then will the truth of your salvation become apparent. Only in continuing in the word will one realize just what they have been
apprehended(arrested) for. To become a son of God. Is there an order to this becoming? Yes, And it is all exclusively according to the will of the Father. 1 Co 15:23

If ones life does not line up to scripture spoken of the true believer then they are not a true believer at this present time. And we see them
every Sunday in the pews and at the podium. listening to doctrines of men rather than true doctrine, and espousing it as the real thing.
Denying tongues, denying that Jesus paid the price for ALL. Not understanding what the goal is(not a trip to heaven, but becoming a son)

If a man is not born of the spirit how will he even understand spiritual language spoken by Jesus? He won't, he will see it all as literal
and death and destruction, instead of what Jesus said His words were, Spirit and Life.

The remnant is small and according to election, not someones acceptance. God works all things(including us) after the counsel of His own will.
Jas 1:18 Of His own will begat He us, through the word of truth, that we should be a kind of first fruits of His creatures.(sons)

The good news here is that the first fruits harvest was always followed by a general more abundant harvest, then a last harvest to gather every
thing considered fruit into the barn.
Seek ye FIRST the KINGDOM OF GOD(sonship) and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS(imputed faith and love from JC's fullness)

From this perspective you will see that God has everything under control, and everything is done according to His will not ours. We as mere humans who have lived 50-100 yrs on this earth know only what we are allowed to know/discover. God on the other hand has been many a million yrs working on bringing forth His first group of sons. It will not stop at the first fruits as He does not send His word out and It return
to Him without accomplishing that to which it was sent to accomplish.
What is His will regarding man? :That all men should be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Ti 2:4
Jesus gave Himself a ransom for ALL, to be testified in due time. 1 Ti 2:6 Who can truly say they know when that will be?

Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Faith in Jesus is what God gives to the one He elects to believe from the Heart, thus He is the justifier of the one who believes.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
Romans 10:17

No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent me draw him; and I will raise him up at the last day ,
it is written in the prophets, and they shall be ALL taught of God,
every man therefore that has heard, and has learned of the Father, comes to me.
John 6:44-45

The words of the Father and the Son are written down and available for any man to read,
any man reading the word of the Father and Son can come to faith in the Son,
because faith comes by hearing, not by election.

God foreknew who would believe His word, and set things in motion for each believer.
Gods word has specifically gone out to all men everywhere, in the hopes that they will believe:

Go ye into all the world and preach the good news to every creature.
He that believes and is baptized shall be saved.
Mark 16:15-16

In times past God overlooked their ignorant sin,
but now commands all men everywhere to repent,
because He has appointed a day in the which He will judge the world in righteousness, by that man whom He has appointed,
and has given assurance unto all mankind in that He rose Christ from the dead.
Acts 17:30-31 [ Acts 17:22-31 ]

Please notice that Paul already gives the reason why God commands all men everywhere to repent,
one should not try to interject another reason why.

Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does not the context explain more?"

I am not sure what you mean. Whosoever believeth in him means whoever believes in Jesus as savior will be saved.

Whoever believes on the Son has everlasting life;
and he that does not believe the Son shall not see life

Notice the underlined phrase does not include 'on' or 'in' but rather just believe the Son, meaning believe Him,
not believe that He will, or believe that He is, or believe Him as, but rather believe Him.
Thereby we can understand what believe on Him means,
it does not mean believe on Him as Savior, it means believe Him.

He is the Messiah, the word of God come down from heaven,
that we may hear it and do it. Deuteronomy 30:12-14 Romans 10:6-8 (Paul is quoting Deuteronomy 30:12-14)

He that does not love me, does not keep my teachings.
John 14:24
If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let that person be Anathema! Oh Lord Come!
1 Corinthians 16:22

Give and it shall be given to you,
good measure pressed down, shaken together,
and running over shall men give into your pocket.

Do you believe Him?

My sheep hear my voice, I know them, and they follow me.
John 10:27

I say unto you that hear,
love your enemies, do good to them that hate you...
and your reward shall be great
Luke 6:27 - 35

Do you hear Him? Do you believe Him?

What would happen for one who really believes the above words of Jesus, nothing?
Would not one start giving and loving?

Please realize that those teachings of Jesus are the good news.

And there went out a fame of Him through all the region round about. Luke 4:14 and Matthew 4:24
And He taught in their synagogues Luke 4:25 and Matthew 5 through 7. Then:
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me to preach the good news...
This day has this scripture been fulfilled in your hearing.

Luke 4:17-21

[ We can see that Matthew 4 through 5 is giving a similar account as Luke 4 through 5,
starting with the temptation of Christ, to then His ministry and then miracles,
it is Jesus who preached the good news ]

Let us also notice what He told His disciples:

What did He tell them?
Go ye into all the world and tell people that I rose from the dead and am their savior.
Is that what He told them? No.

He said:
Go ye into all the world and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father Son and Holy Ghost,
teaching them to observe whatsoever I have commanded you.

Matthew 28:19-20

And that is exactly what they did;

Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your household.
AND THEY TOLD HIM ALL THE WORD OF THE LORD, AND TO HIS HOUSEHOLD,
AND THEY BAPTIZED THEM
Acts 16:30-31 Acts 16:32-33

One should never ever neglect the context, the Bible was not written verse by verse,
the verse and chapter separations were added in during the 15 and 1600's.

By heeding the full context we understand clearly what they meant by believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Christ is supposed to be our Teacher, our Lord, we are supposed to obey Him, His good news.

To you who are troubled rest with us,
when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from the sky, with His holy angels,
in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God,
and that obey not the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 1:7-10

Blessed are they that do Jesus' commands,
that they may have right to the tree of life,
and may enter through the gates into the city....
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify these things in the Churches.
Revelation 22:14 Revelation 22:16 kjv.

The context makes clear that "do His commands" is a reference to Jesus' commands,
not all the commands in the Bible. It is John who is writing.

"... and they were astonished at His doctrine ...."
Matthew 7:28

If anyone disobeys the Torah (1 John 3:4), and abides not in the doctrine of Christ, they do not have God.
Whoever abides in the doctrine of Christ, has both the Father and the Son.
If anyone comes to you preaching, and does not bring this teaching,
do not receive him into your house, neither bid him God speed.

2 John 1:9-10 kjv.

I believe that makes things abundantly clear,
that is why many Bible translations seek to change what John clearly said.

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God foreknew who would believe His word, and set things in motion for each believer.
Gods word has specifically gone out to all men everywhere, in the hopes that they will believe:
And that ideology puts man in control of his destiny. And is self justifying.
God has never abdicated His throne in favor of our good judgement.

Rom 11:5 Even now there is an ELECTION ACCORDING TO GRACE.
Why? Because neither the believer or the unbeliever deserve that grace. Rom 3:22-23 For ALL have sinned and fallen short of the
glory of God. They have, if believers, imputed righteousness. The unbeliever has not obtained that yet.
Since you brought up Paul you should look at what Paul said about His own conversion 1 Ti 1:13-16

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
Romans 10:17
Can't argue with that. But add in Eph 2:8 For BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED, THROUGH FAITH, and THAT not of yourselves, IT is the gift of God.

OK so God 1 Co 1:21 uses the FOOLISHNESS of preaching to save those that should be saved. And salvation (initial) is a gift.
The faith and love that a person receives is the gift as mentioned in Eph 2:8
It is necessary that the individual HEAR the word of truth before that faith is given (imputed) otherwise what would be the point
in giving the faith? They would not understand why they had received such.

Long story short, when you hear the word of truth concerning your salvation you are espoused to the one Husband (Jesus)
when the actual individual marriage takes place is entirely up to the grooms Father. As no man can come to me except.............
The day of the individual marriage is a day of consummation and the day that the new life inside of you begins for your spirit and
the Holy Ghost have become one with Christ.

You truly did nothing to deserve it nor could you ever for you were born a sinner and there is only one way into the kingdom,
imputed righteousness that comes by way of being filled with the faith and love of Jesus Christ. 1 Ti 1:14 NLT gives best understanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can't argue with that. But add in Eph 2:8 For BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED, THROUGH FAITH, and THAT not of yourselves, IT is the gift of God.

Repent, and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins,
and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

For by grace you have been saved, through faith,
and that not of yourselves.
The Holy Spirit is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast.
Because we are Gods creation created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God has before ordained that we should walk in them. [we should, it's a choice]
Ephesians 2:8-10 [please notice that 'it' is in italics in many Bibles]

I therefore the prisoner of the Lord,
beseech you that you walk worthy of the calling wherewith you have been called.
Ephesians 4:1

Because this you know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person,
nor greedy man, who is an idolator, has any inheritance in the kingdom of heaven and of God.
Ephesians 5:5

For if we sin willingly after that we have received the knowledge of the truth,
there remains no more sacrifice for sins,
but a certain fearful looking for of judgement
and fiery indignation which shall devour the adversaries. [2 Thessalonians 1:8 ]
Hebrews 10:26-27

He that despised the Torah died without mercy under two or three witnesses.
Of how much worse punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot
the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified,
an unholy thing, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? [Ephesians 2:8] [2 Thessalonians 1:8 ]
Hebrews 10:28-29 [ it is clearly Paul speaking: Hebrews 10:34 Hebrews 13:23 ]

If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let them be Anathema! Oh Lord Come!
1 Corinthians 16:22 [ 1 Corinthians 1:13 ]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone get saved ? If so, how , when , and where are they getting saved ?
Jesus never says scholars (of any kind) or theologians are saved, does He ? Quite the opposite in the Gospel! Salvation is hidden from them ! Little children get saved freely graciously abundantly as the Father Reveals to them Salvation/ Jesus/ Truth. The Creator Himself ! Can't get any better !
It is a mystery concerning the Bride and the Groom.
In Jewish tradition, the groom would sometimes pay a bride price as a dowry of sorts. The marriage of the groom and bride was a contract
between the parents of both, not an engagement like we do today. An advantageous marriage as far as the parents were concerned.
The day of the wedding and consummation were at the choosing of the grooms side.

Now to expand spiritually, we are all the children of God even though He has/had condemned us to disobedience. We are the espoused
bride once the truth of our salvation has been heard in our ears, read on the pages. The groom (Jesus) paid the bride price with His
own life, own blood. The date of the wedding is entirely up to the Father, for no human can come to the groom except the Father
draw him.

In this case the Father of the bride and the groom is God. He knows what is the advantageous marriage for both parties. He designed it.

To put on an analogy look at Abraham and Sarah. They were half brother and sister, both of the father Terah. The child of promise
that was a miracle seeing how old they both were was the product of the half bro-sis marriage.
You are the bride (Gods daughter), Jesus is the Son, the groom, the new creature born of the spiritual union is the child of promise
in the same way.

Hear the word of truth-betrothed
Wedding day- grooms side choice.
Consummation-same day as wedding, and the new spiritual creature is born within you.
And all of it was an arranged marriage by the Father. The daughter of the Father has no say so in the matter. For we who know the truth
already know that what has happened to us is far beyond our wildest dreams and much grander than we could have ever perceived
for ourselves. Father knows best!

Does that mean that people who have not been born of the Spirit should not believe (head faith)? No for they have been espoused.
They are simply waiting on their wedding day as individuals.
Should they stop practicing kingdom principles? No as perfect practice makes perfect, get a jump start on what you should do even after
the wedding. "learn to keep a house" your own flesh from sin.

Upvote 0

Basketball

Apr 7, 2020
New York
✟42,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whoever believes on the Son has everlasting life;
and he that does not believe the Son shall not see life

Notice the underlined phrase does not include 'on' or 'in' but rather just believe the Son, meaning believe Him,
not believe that He will, or believe that He is, or believe Him as, but rather believe Him.
Thereby we can understand what believe on Him means,
it does not mean believe on Him as Savior, it means believe Him.

He is the Messiah, the word of God come down from heaven,
that we may hear it and do it. Deuteronomy 30:12-14 Romans 10:6-8 (Paul is quoting Deuteronomy 30:12-14)

If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let that person be Anathema! Oh Lord Come!
1 Corinthians 16:22

Give and it shall be given to you,
good measure pressed down, shaken together,
and running over shall men give into your pocket.

Do you believe Him?

My sheep hear my voice, I know them, and they follow me.
John 10:27

I say unto you that hear,
love your enemies, do good to them that hate you...
and your reward shall be great
Luke 6:27 - 35

Do you hear Him? Do you believe Him?

What would happen for one who really believes the above words of Jesus, nothing?
Would not one start giving and loving?

Please realize that those teachings of Jesus are the good news.

And there went out a fame of Him through all the region round about. Luke 4:14 and Matthew 4:24
And He taught in their synagogues Luke 4:25 and Matthew 5 through 7. Then:
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me to preach the good news...
This day has this scripture been fulfilled in your hearing.

Luke 4:17-21

[ We can see that Matthew 4 through 5 is giving a similar account as Luke 4 through 5,
starting with the temptation of Christ, to then His ministry and then miracles,
it is Jesus who preached the good news ]

Let us also notice what He told His disciples:

What did He tell them?
Go ye into all the world and tell people that I rose from the dead and am their savior.
Is that what He told them? No.

He said:
Go ye into all the world and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father Son and Holy Ghost,
teaching them to observe whatsoever I have commanded you.

Matthew 28:19-20

And that is exactly what they did;

Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your household.
AND THEY TOLD HIM ALL THE WORD OF THE LORD, AND TO HIS HOUSEHOLD,
AND THEY BAPTIZED THEM
Acts 16:30-31 Acts 16:32-33

One should never ever neglect the context, the Bible was not written verse by verse,
the verse and chapter separations were added in during the 15 and 1600's.

By heeding the full context we understand clearly what they meant by believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Christ is supposed to be our Teacher, our Lord, we are supposed to obey Him, His good news.

To you who are troubled rest with us,
when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from the sky, with His holy angels,
in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God,
and that obey not the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 1:7-10

Blessed are they that do Jesus' commands,
that they may have right to the tree of life,
and may enter through the gates into the city....
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify these things in the Churches.
Revelation 22:14 Revelation 22:16 kjv.

The context makes clear that "do His commands" is a reference to Jesus' commands,
not all the commands in the Bible. It is John who is writing.

"... and they were astonished at His doctrine ...."
Matthew 7:28

If anyone disobeys the Torah (1 John 3:4), and abides not in the doctrine of Christ, they do not have God.
Whoever abides in the doctrine of Christ, has both the Father and the Son.
If anyone comes to you preaching, and does not bring this teaching,
do not receive him into your house, neither bid him God speed.

2 John 1:9-10 kjv.

I believe that makes things abundantly clear,
that is why many Bible translations seek to change what John clearly said.
John 3:16 KJV states: for God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. See how it says to "believeth in".

Also what does believe the son mean?

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16 KJV states: for God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. See how it says to "believeth in".

Also what does believe the son mean?
Best understood as obey. If you believe in who He is then you will obey Him. That is not limited to what is written as He speaks to us in
the Spirit with requests to do this or that, mostly things you would not expect. Like praying for someone you just saw, sending you to
say a word to someone you never met. Having you look at a particular verse for it is an answer you have been seeking.
Believing in the Son is one thing but obeying the Son is another. One must needs be born of the Spirit before they can hear Him.
"My sheep know my voice"

Reactions: contratodo
Upvote 0

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟14,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Believe on Jesus Christ(who is God and Lord). Believe(accept it is true) that Jesus Christ alone will save you(save means eternal life in Heaven). Have faith and trust(rely on/depend) in Jesus alone to save you. You can also be saved if you believe and trust that Jesus(Lord and God) died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day according to the scriptures for the justification(to make right/forgive)of all your sins and your salvation(you being saved).
So you are saying that all one must do is have intellectual assent (accept it as true)?
Just believe that Jesus lived, died, and was resurrected and one will be saved?
Or believe that Jesus alone can save?
The demons believe that. More than that, they KNOW it to be true. But are they saved? NO!

Belief is so much more than intellectual assent. Belief requires action to be real, and alive, and effective. If there is no action, then that faith is dead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Basketball

Apr 7, 2020
New York
✟42,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you are saying that all one must do is have intellectual assent (accept it as true)?
Just believe that Jesus lived, died, and was resurrected and one will be saved?
Or believe that Jesus alone can save?
The demons believe that. More than that, they KNOW it to be true. But are they saved? NO!

Belief is so much more than intellectual assent. Belief requires action to be real, and alive, and effective. If there is no action, then that faith is dead.
What is the most important thing in the world? How to be saved and go to Heaven. Believe on Jesus Christ(who is God and Lord). Believe(accept it is true) that Jesus Christ alone will save you(save means eternal life in Heaven). Have faith(Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. It’s the confidence that God can and will do what he says in his word.) and trust(confidently rely on/depend on something being true) in Jesus alone to save you. You can also be saved if you believe and trust that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day according to the scriptures for the justification(to make right/forgive)of all your sins and your salvation(you being saved).

I am saying the above. I believe intellectual assent to Jesus saving because you believe on him to save you and the gospel in 1 Corinthians 1:15 1:4 to save too. I believe Jesus alone can save. Demons rebelled in Heaven so they are barred from Heaven.(I think) Demons do not believe Jesus will save them. Works will not save. Ephesians 2:8-9 (For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast).

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the most important thing in the world? How to be saved and go to Heaven. Believe on Jesus Christ(who is God and Lord). Believe(accept it is true) that Jesus Christ alone will save you(save means eternal life in Heaven). Have faith(Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. It’s the confidence that God can and will do what he says in his word.) and trust(confidently rely on/depend on something being true) in Jesus alone to save you. You can also be saved if you believe and trust that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day according to the scriptures for the justification(to make right/forgive)of all your sins and your salvation(you being saved).

I am saying the above. I believe intellectual assent to Jesus saving because you believe on him to save you and the gospel in 1 Corinthians 1:15 1:4 to save too. I believe Jesus alone can save. Demons rebelled in Heaven so they are barred from Heaven.(I think) Demons do not believe Jesus will save them. Works will not save. Ephesians 2:8-9 (For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast).
Presented very nicely.:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟14,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You have some very bad theology going on here.
Just accepting that Jesus is God, and that He lived, died, and was resurrected to save us from sin does not save anyone.

Faith is not confidence and assurance (that is a very bad translation of Heb 11:1). Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen. Faith that does not cause action is not faith at all; it is dead, worthless, and ineffectual (James 2:20, 22, 24, 26). Read Rom 10:9-10. Doesn't confession of Jesus as Lord "with the mouth" (obviously a physical act) "result in" salvation. Thus this physical act must precede and cause our reception of salvation. As Jesus said in Matt 10:32, if you confess me before men (public confession) I will confess you before the Father, but if you deny me before men I will deny you.

Upvote 0