• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How to be okay in a toxic household?

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, you have some difficulties to deal with, so all the more reason to be close to our Savior: the Lord Jesus all day; for He cares and blesses those who walk with Him in trust and devotion (meditate on John 3; John 14; etc. and learn how to know and trust Him there); and be in much prayer to God in the Name of His "beloved son..."). 'Crossing fingers' will accomplish nothing. I also recommend you contact a local Community Social Service Agency about resources for your situation.

Well i do have some good news. I got the job and start Monday.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well i do have some good news. I got the job and start Monday.
Well i thought i had the job. I filled out my direct deposit and everything just for them to call the day before i start and say they had enough dishwashers.

Im floored

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear of your disappointment, and life has a lot of them. We need to stay close to the Lord Jesus and trust Him and worship Him, and make Him our 'best Friend'; then we will be with Him in the Father's house in Heaven one day, as our Bible teaches us. The Lord Jesus will take good care of those who trust and honor Him here in this world: note John 3; John 14; John 17, and all four Gospel books God shows us. He will provide and guide faithful souls! God says in our Holy Bible: "them that honor Me, I will honor".

Keep on looking for sources to meet your employment, and take all your troubles and concerns and needs to our Savior --the Lord Jesus in faith, dear one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Still going in interviews. One i flatout didnt get. I have 1 more thursday. Im running out of gas and my car note and insurance is due on the 18th.

Im nervous and scared.

My mom and ai had a blow out fight she called me spoiled and ungrateful bc i said I dont have support which i dont.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟841,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Still going in interviews. One i flatout didnt get. I have 1 more thursday. Im running out of gas and my car note and insurance is due on the 18th.

Im nervous and scared.

My mom and ai had a blow out fight she called me spoiled and ungrateful bc i said I dont have support which i dont.

Don't give up on looking for work. I have been there. It is excruciating and then...you have a job. My gov't contract is about up, and I might be looking so I'm speaking to myself as much as you. I approach it like throwing spaghetti at a wall: keep throwing until it sticks. It's a crapshoot so don't give up. It will happen. God has created a world where it takes effort until it doesn't. ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't give up on looking for work. I have been there. It is excruciating and then...you have a job. My gov't contract is about up, and I might be looking so I'm speaking to myself as much as you. I approach it like throwing spaghetti at a wall: keep throwing until it sticks. It's a crapshoot so don't give up. It will happen. God has created a world where it takes effort until it doesn't. ;)
Thank you.

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0