• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How to be okay in a toxic household?

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This will be my last post for a minute bc i don't want to spam. But im really down about my car bc i feel hopeless about moving out bc i need a car to go.

Its hard living here with 2 babies bc im constantly criticized on how i take of them. No one helps and no they arent obligated but if you arent helping it makes sense to be quiet.

My dad has called me stupid, a crackhead, bad mother for no reason. I take care of my kids. When i don't do somethingthe way he wants. Like when i feed my son what i think he likes he complains its not enough he'll get skinny .im a bad mom and name calling ensues

When i put mt kids down not much courtesy is given. People are still loud and barge though my room..

Compound with my kids crying and being needy ita driving me crazy.

All i want to do is get away from here. Im tired od being treated likw crap but my car is on the fritz. Im applying but no one is getting back to me.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The answer to the question of the title is just to hang on and do the best you can. All the stress and problems you are going through are making you a stronger person with greater faith in God and more endurance, patience etc.. Someday you will be able to sail through the regular problems of life that freak out other people because you had to deal with worse stuff and everything smaller is almost insignificant compared to your past life.

Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing you truly need now, friend, is the Lord Jesus in your heart as your Savior forever, and 'best Friend' daily. You need to speak to Him in prayer NOW --and all day (note John 3; John 14; John 17; Romans 8; etc. in our Holy Bible) --read all the Gospels there! Our Creator-God promises eternal life and blessing forever in His "..beloved Son": Jesus-the Christ! He will guide faithful ones into a good and rewarding path every day, if one stays close to Him. Without the Lord God we are left to our puny reasoning about courses to follow.

As to present troubles; beside prayer help, you might attend a sound Bible-only type Church and speak with the saints there to where you can find help for a place to live and plan a good life. Godly saints will show you the resources in your community. Don't be just reasoning and looking in all the wrong places for help.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've given many, many good suggestions before
move in with a friend OR find someone to share a place with until you have the money to be on your own

I don't care if you're afraid to go in on a place with a stranger; ANYTHING is better than where you're at now

just do it & move
this choice of staying with your parents is not only affecting you but the trauma of dysfunction is affecting your kid's brains!

I dont have friends and I dont want to put my kids in harms way by moving with a stranger also whether i move alone or with someone I need my car fixed so I can take my kids to and from daycare and get myself to and from work.

Its not smart moving without a car and itll ensure i end up back at sq 1.

Im trying and im doing whats best im not sitting on my hands.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I need to see where the leak is coming from and then the traction/steering needs to be inspected.

Do you know the kind of fluid that is leaking?

• Friendly
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I need to see where the leak is coming from and then the traction/steering needs to be inspected.

So is the leak separate from the traction/steering. If so are you also having problems with your traction/steering.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This will be my last post for a minute bc i don't want to spam. But im really down about my car bc i feel hopeless about moving out bc i need a car to go.

Its hard living here with 2 babies bc im constantly criticized on how i take of them. No one helps and no they arent obligated but if you arent helping it makes sense to be quiet.

My dad has called me stupid, a crackhead, bad mother for no reason. I take care of my kids. When i don't do somethingthe way he wants. Like when i feed my son what i think he likes he complains its not enough he'll get skinny .im a bad mom and name calling ensues

When i put mt kids down not much courtesy is given. People are still loud and barge though my room..

All i want to do is get away from here. Im tired od being treated likw crap but my car is on the fritz. Im applying but no one is getting back to me.
Just because we live in the presence of sin, and have to put up with the sins of others, it doesn't mean that we have to enter into sin ourselves. Jesus came into our sinful world and yet He kept Himself pure. You can also go visit the hardware store and buy a bolt to be able to lock the door of your room to stop people barging through it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

As long as you're avoiding crack then name calling has no impact on your life. It doesn't anyway. People who are hurting or wanting, will put others down. They just do. They are in pain. Focus on how you can help other people. It's the only solution. If you help other people enough, they might loan you a car or even give you one. A neighbor gave me my first car. Just focus on others and your own situation will become less debilitating.

Nobody cares what you know unless they know how much you care.

Reactions: 1watchman
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you know the kind of fluid that is leaking?
Coolant i think. I just idk what all else is wrong with the car. I dont want to fix it for another problem to pop up smh

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes sadly its one thing after another and my money is running low

Is this car a recent purchase. is the car drivable

From what i gather from your thread, you have a radiator leak and you are having steering problems.

Have you taken the car to a shop yet, if so, do you know the mechanic you are using.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Coolant i think. I just idk what all else is wrong with the car. I dont want to fix it for another problem to pop up smh

If you know it's the radiator and not a hose, bars stop leak will often work (I'm not being paid for this promotion lol). If it is a hose, and the leak is close to where it hooks up, you can cut off the leaking part and re-attach it (a whole new hose makes more sense). Whatever the case, sometimes you can fix it yourself. :) utube is a friend of the shadetree mechanic.

Best Radiator Stop Leak | Antifreeze & Coolant Stop Leak

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you know it's the radiator and not a hose, bars stop leak will often work (I'm not being paid for this promotion lol). If it is a hose, and the leak is close to where it hooks up, you can cut off the leaking part and re-attach it (a whole new hose makes more sense). Whatever the case, sometimes you can fix it yourself. :) utube is a friend of the shadetree mechanic.

Best Radiator Stop Leak | Antifreeze & Coolant Stop Leak

My ex said ir was the hose too.

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There may be no simple answer to your many problems, Macchiato, but sometime you will need to get a place to live away from the problems you face with what appears to be unhelpful family.
You can get counseling from many sources in community agencies about resources, and often times from caring people at Church. Do you go to a sound Bible-only type Church? Do you pray to the Lord Jesus as lord of your life (and make Him your 'best Friend')? Without the Lord Jesus one is left to their own reasoning and without hope for blessings and care now and forever. I will pray for you, friend, and feel free to write me at Conversation Page on line here. --1watchman.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There may be no simple answer to your many problems, Macchiato, but sometime you will need to get a place to live away from the problems you face with what appears to be unhelpful family.
You can get counseling from many sources in community agencies about resources, and often times from caring people at Church. Do you go to a sound Bible-only type Church? Do you pray to the Lord Jesus as lord of your life (and make Him your 'best Friend')? Without the Lord Jesus one is left to their own reasoning and without hope for blessings and care now and forever. I will pray for you, friend, and feel free to write me at Conversation Page on line here. --1watchman.

Yeah Im trying, have a coupld interview lined up. One for today and another tommorow. The catch is I need help picking up my kids from school. One job i interview at is from 8 to 6 the daycare closes at 6.30p. I asked the front desk management at the daycare how much it would cost if i were late. Wel she not only told me the price but said if they're consistently late it could lead to unerollment.

I asked my brother if he could help.. He said he may be busy and no one else will help so. .

Idk. Im headed to an interview today ill only be able to work 6 hrs so.. Idk how itll go. Idk if theyre looking for fulltime or not.

The last place is a daycare which i think maybe benefical for me

So fingers crossed one of these stick bc my car note and insurance is due on the 18th.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you have some difficulties to deal with, so all the more reason to be close to our Savior: the Lord Jesus all day; for He cares and blesses those who walk with Him in trust and devotion (meditate on John 3; John 14; etc. and learn how to know and trust Him there); and be in much prayer to God in the Name of His "beloved son..."). 'Crossing fingers' will accomplish nothing. I also recommend you contact a local Community Social Service Agency about resources for your situation.

Upvote 0