Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is faith a confidence about Christ's works or your works to be blessed?

Hebrews 11:1 explains that, "Now faith is the confidence (assurance) of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
As far as "my works" to be blessed is to simply... believe!

Word of Faith.gif

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If you come to God to be blessed based on Christ's 100% marks & not based on your marks which is only zero, are you admitting your unworthiness before God?

I don't need to come to God for something He as already done. I guess I will leave this scripture again... so you can renew your mind. It's already done (Past sense). It's not something that's automatic. Just appropriate your faith and receive.

Ephesians 1:3
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:"

Word of Faith.gif

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
No I do agree. Certainly the fullness of His Love is not channeled through me, but when I choose to act against my own feelings to Love another person in a way that I am not naturally inclined to do, then it is His Love that is providing the manifestation, not my own. This therefore is the evidence that His Love abides in me.

If His love abides in you why is your love a long way from being anywhere near His? Are you blaming the efficacy of His love?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Hello Si_monfaith:
If your question is how to be blessed, that's easy. Christians don't have to worry about deeds, since they are now living under grace. There's nothing that attracts blessings faster than an attitude of gratitude.
The Bible commands us to "Always find something to be thankful for, even in the hard times" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). If you thank God daily for your current blessings, no matter how small or insignificant that they may be, you will receive more and bigger blessings.
The reason is because whatever the mind focuses on expands. So if you are focusing on positive things in your life (e.g., blessings), they will likewise expand.
Sincerely,
Al Gammate
So it's your deed of thanksgiving & not your faith in His deed on the cross that brings you blessings?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
If we were already blessed with all spiritual blessings the only works involved is.... "only believe in the one He sent." I choose to believe!

John 6:28,29 28Then they inquired, “What must we do to perform the works of God?” 29Jesus replied, “The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent.”

If you come to God to be blessed based on Christ's 100% marks & not based on your marks which is only zero, are you admitting your unworthiness before God?

Do you have an answer to this earlier question?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I don't need to come to God for something He as already done. I guess I will leave this scripture again... so you can renew your mind. It's already done (Past sense). It's not something that's automatic. Just appropriate your faith and receive.

Ephesians 1:3
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:"

So don't you ask God for healing or financial returns?

If & when you ask God for those blessings based on Christ's 100% marks & not based on your marks which is only zero, are you admitting your unworthiness before God?

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If His love abides in you why is your love a long way from being anywhere near His? Are you blaming the efficacy of His love?
In my own case, the simple answer is that my "Love tank" is not full for some reason. When I have felt Loved then it overflows to others. Perhaps I do not fully appreciate the magnitude of His Love, perhaps there is unresolved sin in my life that stiffles the relationship that we have. Frankly, I cannot put a finger on it. The only thing that I know however is that I am not alone in this struggle, that most of us struggle with our imperfection whether we are new believers or Apostles

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
In my own case, the simple answer is that my "Love tank" is not full for some reason. When I have felt Loved then it overflows to others. Perhaps I do not fully appreciate the magnitude of His Love, perhaps there is unresolved sin in my life that stiffles the relationship that we have. Frankly, I cannot put a finger on it. The only thing that I know however is that I am not alone in this struggle, that most of us struggle with our imperfection whether we are new believers or Apostles

Now do you admit you are unworthy in comparison to Jesus & that you necessarily need the perfect worthiness of Jesus in order to be blessed by the Father?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now do you admit you are unworthy in comparison to Jesus & that you necessarily need the perfect worthiness of Jesus in order to be blessed by the Father?
Absolutely! I have never denied it.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely! I have never denied it.

So why not talk about the exemplary perfect worthiness of Christ rather than quote some passages from 1John 3 according to which none in human history lived in perfect compliance?

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So why not talk about the exemplary perfect worthiness of Christ rather than quote some passages from 1John 3 according to which none in human history lived in perfect compliance?
Because you asked the question.
We can all live in perfect compliance with Him if we remain in Him. Yes, the first step is recognizing our poverty of Spirit and meekly accepting His righteousness, but we then go on to learning how to Love as He Loves. The point of the game is to become children of God, not simply passive receivers of His grace.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
We can all live in perfect compliance with Him if we remain in Him. Yes, the first step is recognizing our poverty of Spirit and meekly accepting His righteousness, but we then go on to learning how to Love as He Loves. The point of the game is to become children of God, not simply passive receivers of His grace.

What question?

We can all live in perfect compliance with Him if we remain in Him.

You said you are far away in compliance. So when do you think you will achieve perfect compliance in loving others?

Can your perfect compliance save your or other's souls?

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What question?

You said you are far away in compliance. So when do you think you will achieve perfect compliance in loving others?

Can your perfect compliance save your or other's souls?
I will achieve perfect compliance when I learn to live like Him.

But its not about salvation, I look to Him for my salvation. Without Him I am spiritually bankrupt, and so He says "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of God."

So learning to Love is about pleasing my Father because He Loves me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

But its not about salvation, I look to Him for my salvation. Without Him I am spiritually bankrupt, and so He says "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of God."

Can you exhort others to perfectly comply before achieving it yourself?

Will you achieve perfect compliance before you leave the earth?

So you learn to love in order to please the Father? Don't you need faith in Christ who has already pleased the Father? Isn't it faith in Christ's finished work which pleases the Father?

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you exhort others to perfectly comply before achieving it yourself?
If they are part of our family, certainly. And Paul agrees: "let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,"Hebrews 10

Will you achieve perfect compliance before you leave the earth?
In my flesh? No, I cannot see that happening.

So you learn to love in order to please the Father? Don't you need faith in Christ who has already pleased the Father? Isn't it faith in Christ's finished work which pleases the Father?
The finished work of salvation is trust in Yeshua, but it is never work to please my Father who Loves me. It maybe a struggle at times and I might not succeed very well but it is not work anymore than helping my earthly parents or my kids out is work.
To consider the things we out of Love for our family as work to earn something from them is akin to the worlds oldest profession.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
If they are part of our family, certainly. And Paul agrees: "let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,"Hebrews 10

The finished work of salvation is trust in Yeshua, but it is never work to please my Father who Loves me. It maybe a struggle at times and I might not succeed very well but it is not work anymore than helping my earthly parents or my kids out is work.
To consider the things we out of Love for our family as work to earn something from them is akin to the worlds oldest profession.
If they are part of our family, certainly

What if the family members question your incomplete compliance?

Do you admit you can never become fully compliant in love & good deeds in earth before you exhort others to do love & good deeds?

we out of Love for our family as work to earn something from them

What do you mean by "work to earn something from them"?

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What if the family members question your incomplete compliance?
They are still my family and I still Love them.
Do you admit you can never become fully compliant in love & good deeds in earth before you exhort others to do love & good deeds?
That would be defeatist. We all have a goal to move towards, it is Him that is our source. It doesn't matter where any of us sit in relationship to our source of Love and Life, we can all do with encouragement and exhortation, even if its simply a matter of fellowship.
So we all press on towards the goal together and one day we will reach it.
What do you mean by "work to earn something from them"?
Exactly that. If we do things because we might receive something in return, or because it might place our family, or anybody else, under obligation then we are not doing it out of Love. Rather we are selling our work in return for whatever we expect to receive in return. In the case of family and Loved ones, if we do this we commit an act that adulterates the most pure relationships we have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

That would be defeatist. We all have a goal to move towards, it is Him that is our source. It doesn't matter where any of us sit in relationship to our source of Love and Life, we can all do with encouragement and exhortation, even if its simply a matter of fellowship.

Exactly that. If we do things because we might receive something in return, or because it might place our family, or anybody else, under obligation then we are not doing it out of Love. Rather we are selling our work in return for whatever we expect to receive in return. In the case of family and Loved ones, if we do this we commit an act that adulterates the most pure relationships we have.

Do you encourage them to question your lack of perfect compliance in love?

When in your flesh, you cannot see perfect compliance happening in this earth, are you supply a false hope to others by exhorting them that they will one day reach perfect compliance?

Upvote 0