USA
✟478,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It’s not a fair question because it’s irrelevant to what I’ve said. I’m not the OP, and you’ve not answered my questions.
I did answer your question so did @LoveGodsWord I think you're splitting hairs with God's holy day and nothing anyone is going to say here will change your mind, but like I said previously, we are not the ones your need to convince. God bless

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you understand; then why would you associate the New Moon with sin offerings?
Are you saying there was not burnt offerings at the beginning of the month and these burnt offerings were not for sin?

Numbers 28:11 ‘At the beginnings of your months you shall present a burnt offering to the LORD: two young bulls, one ram, and seven lambs in their first year, without blemish;

Jesus is our perfect Lamb sacrifice for sins which is why in the New Covenant we no longer have to offer blood sacrifices or food offerings -see Hebrews 10 which is completely different than worshipping the Lord from month to month and week to week on the Sabbath Isaiah 66:23

I would like to really stay on topic this thread has completely derailed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you understand; then why would you associate the New Moon with sin offerings?
The issue is in your understanding in Col 2.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying there was not burnt offerings at the beginning of the month and these burnt offerings were not for sin?

Numbers 28:11 ‘At the beginnings of your months you shall present a burnt offering to the LORD: two young bulls, one ram, and seven lambs in their first year, without blemish;

Jesus is our perfect lamb Sacrifice for sins which is why in the New Covenant we no longer have to offer blood sacrifices or food offerings -see Hebrews 10 which is completely different than worshipping the Lord from month to month and week to week on the Sabbath Isaiah 66:23

The commandment says we shall not do our own work.Most think that that is just referring to what we do for a living and the stuff we do to keep our house in order. But Isaiah 58 reveals that our own work also includes our pleasures and our own words. And it says to honor God. So how do we honor God except in worship and doing His work?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

A minchah מנחה is not a sin offering. I thought that you said that you understood this.

Jesus is our perfect lamb Sacrifice for sins which is why in the New Covenant we no longer have to offer blood sacrifices or food offerings -see Hebrews 10 which is completely different than worshipping the Lord from month to month and week to week on the Sabbath Isaiah 66:23

Then why did Yahshua's disciples continue to make sacrifices, and honor YHWH's Moedim, long after Yahshua's ascension? Why will YHWH's Modeim be honored in the Kingdom to come? Why will there be sacrifices made in the Kingdom to come?

Oh ... OK, well then maybe we can pick up on the two previous verses that you skipped over, regarding the Sabbaths and the New Moons.

(CLV) Num 28:9
On the sabbath day you shall bring near two flawless year-old he-lambs, and two tenths of an ephah of flour, an approach present mingled with oil, with its libation.

(CLV) Num 28:10
This is the sabbath ascent offering on its sabbath along with the regular ascent offering with its libation.

Is this how you keep Shabbat kadosh?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The issue is in your understanding in Col 2.

You are free to comment on what is clearly written in scripture, in the thread that I started on the subject.

Your empty assertion doesn't cut it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I did answer your question so did @LoveGodsWord I think you're splitting hairs with God's holy day and nothing anyone is going to say here will change your mind, but like I said previously, we are not the ones your need to convince. God bless
Can you give chapter and verse about the Israelites keeping sabbath during the exodus?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are free to comment on what is clearly written in scripture, in the thread that I started on the subject.

Your empty assertion doesn't cut it.
If it were so clear there would not be so many that misunderstand it. My empty assertion does cut it by the way. Had to get my foot in the door somehow.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The commandment says we shall not do our own work.Most think that that is just referring to what we do for a living and the stuff we do to keep our house in order. But Isaiah 58 reveals that our own work also includes our pleasures and our own words. And it says to honor God. So how do we honor God except in worship and doing His work?
Did Moses know this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If it were so clear there would not be so many that misunderstand it.

Maybe they should read the letter for themselves, in context, instead of relying on their ear tickling Pastors to spoon feed them sound bites. Maybe?

Again, we can discuss this at length, in the thread that I started specifically on this subject.

My empty assertion does cut it by the way. Had to get my foot in the door somehow.

It cuts it as a bare assertion fallacy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian

No scripture of the Gospels show Jesus dong secular work ( own work) the work of God Christ did was preaching the Gospel, loosing the regular life, as the disciples did the same, and teaching and preaching on the sabbath in the synagogues ( opposite of sabbath rest)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry dear friend but I respectfully disagree. Your question was "how did the Israelite's in the exodus know to worship on the Sabbath?" I already answered this by showing from the scriptures we "worship God" by doing what Gods' Word says as shown in scriptures such as Matthew 15:2-9 that show that if we do not do what God asks us to do we are not worshiping God. You were also shown from the scriptures that just because the scriptures are silent on a subject on one part of the bible does not mean the scriptures are silent on a subject in other parts of the bible and you were shown from the scriptures in Ezekiel 46:1-3 and Isaiah 66:22-23 from the very spoken Words of God that God himself says that we are to worship God on the Sabbath. What we do know from the scriptures is that Gods' people kept the Sabbath and God tells us that by keeping the Sabbath we worship him. That is all we need to know isn't it? How does what you are suggesting from something not recorded (argument in silence in Exodus) effect the scriptures that are recorded in regards to God telling us that the Sabbath is Gods' day of worship? - It doesn't. Your post was directly answered with a detailed scripture response here. If you disagree please explain why you disagree because at the moment I cannot see why your claiming your question has been not been answered when it clearly has been. So to make claims that your question was not answered is not true at all as it was indeed answered with a detailed scripture response. Perhaps you did not like the answer but you have indeed been answered and when questioned you haven't explained why you disagree.
Your response here...
Lots of words. Still no answer. I disagree with you because while you posted scripture, none of that scripture addresses my question. Here’s why. There is no command to worship on the sabbath. We are supposed to worship, for sure. But nothing that sets the sabbath as a day of worship.
Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree as I believe your question has been answered in the post you are quoting from above as others have already pointed out to you. Ezekiel 46:1-3 and Isaiah 66:22-23 is God's spoken Word setting the Sabbath as a day of worship. Thanks for the discussion though.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus did not rest on the sabbath.

Jesus calls us out of this life, to end our thoughts for what we eat and drink, ( or laws to not eat) and the disciples left all to follow Jesus.

Jesus goes to the synagogues on sabbath days, and rests not, but preaches and teaches, works the works of God, healing and miracles.

We are called to be priests, to preach the gospel, and to lose all our life, to first seek God and His righteousness.

That is what Jesus fulfilled of the law, the law brought no fruit, so the kingdom was given o those of faith to bring fruits now. ( not by copying Israel then in no fruit by laws)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AdamjEdgar

Apr 11, 2021
Melbourne
✟17,432.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel shows the work of Jesus, exactly on those sabbaths.

We are called out of the normal life, to be all new, not to have all old.
No Jesus called the Jews out of an interpretation of scripture that had made it a burden. Legalism makes the law a burden...

However, the law itself is our guide for morality...one cannot live a good life without knowing what transgression is...that standard remains forever.

It is the application of the law which was at fault, not the law itself. God does not make mistakes...neither does his eternal law!
I do not think your statement understands this point.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A minchah מנחה is not a sin offering. I thought that you said that you understood this.

@SabbathBlessings was correct here. Sin offerings were indeed made on the New Moons HARK! as were meat and drink offerings etc.

New Moon offerings (Monthly animal sacrifice)

Numbers 28:11-13 [11], And in the beginnings of your months ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot; [12], And three tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one bullock; and two tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one ram; [13], And a several tenth deal of flour mingled with oil for a meat offering unto one lamb; for a burnt offering of a sweet savoir, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD. [14], And their drink offerings shall be half an hin of wine unto a bullock, and the third part of an hin unto a ram, and a fourth part of an hin unto a lamb: this is the burnt offering of every month throughout the months of the year. [15], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering unto the LORD shall be offered, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

Burnt offerings עֹלָה ʻôlâh are also used for atonement and sin offerings - see Leviticus Leviticus 1:4; Leviticus 4:20-35 etc... There are many types of bunt offerings also using different animal that have different purposes that were personal burnt offerings for atonement and sin as well as collective for all of Israel under the old covenant. The Hebrew term for “burnt offering” actually means to “ascend,“ literally to “go up in smoke.” The smoke from the sacrifice ascended to God, “a soothing aroma to the LORD” (Leviticus 1:9). Technically, any offering burned over an altar was a burnt offering, but in more specific terms, a burnt offering was the complete destruction of the animal (except for the hide) in an effort to renew the relationship by atonement for sin between Holy God and sinful man.

Burnt offerings
(as sin offerings in general and atonement for sin)

Leviticus 4:20-35 [20], 'And he hath done to the bullock as he hath done to the bullock of the sin-offering, so he doth to it; and the priest hath made atonement for them, and it hath been forgiven them; [21], and he hath brought out the bullock unto the outside of the camp, and hath burned it as he hath burned the first bullock; it is a sin-offering of the assembly. [22], 'When a prince doth sin, and hath done something against one of all the commands of Jehovah his God regarding things which are not to be done, through ignorance, and hath been guilty [23], or his sin wherein he hath sinned hath been made known unto him, then he hath brought in his offering, a kid of the goats, a male, a perfect one, [24], and he hath laid his hand on the head of the goat, and hath slaughtered it in the place where he doth slaughter the burnt-offering before Jehovah; it is a sin-offering. [25], 'And the priest hath taken of the blood of the sin-offering with his finger, and hath put on the horns of the altar of the burnt-offering, and its blood he doth pour out at the foundation of the altar of the burnt-offering, [26], and with all its fat he doth make perfume on the altar, as the fat of the sacrifice of the peace-offerings; and the priest hath made atonement for him because of his sin, and it hath been forgiven him. [27], 'And if any person of the people of the land sin through ignorance, by his doing something against one of the commands of Jehovah regarding things which are not to be done, and hath been guilty-- [28], or his sin which he hath sinned hath been made known unto him, then he hath brought in his offering, a kid of the goats, a perfect one, a female, for his sin which he hath sinned, [29], and he hath laid his hand on the head of the sin-offering, and hath slaughtered the sin-offering in the place of the burnt-offering.
[30], 'And the priest hath taken of its blood with his finger, and hath put on the horns of the altar of the burnt-offering, and all its blood he doth pour out at the foundation of the altar, [31], and all its fat he doth turn aside, as the fat hath been turned aside from off the sacrifice of the peace-offerings, and the priest hath made perfume on the altar, for sweet fragrance to Jehovah; and the priest hath made atonement for him, and it hath been forgiven him. [32], 'And if he bring in a sheep for his offering, for a sin-offering, a female, a perfect one, he doth bring in, [33], and he hath laid his hand on the head of the sin-offering, and hath slaughtered it for a sin-offering in the place where he slaughtereth the burnt-offering. [34], 'And the priest hath taken of the blood of the sin-offering with his finger, and hath put on the horns of the altar of the burnt-offering, and all its blood he poureth out at the foundation of the altar, [35], and all its fat he turneth aside, as the fat of the sheep is turned aside from the sacrifice of the peace-offerings, and the priest hath made them a perfume on the altar, according to the fire-offerings of Jehovah, and the priest hath made atonement for him, for his sin which he hath sinned, and it hath been forgiven him.

Note: the difference between a sin offering and a burnt offering for sin is that the sin offering was eaten by the priests (unless its blood was brought into the Temple proper, in which case it was burnt outside the Temple), with only certain parts burnt on the altar; the burnt offering was entirely burnt on the altar and for atonement being wholly consumed with fire for atonement for sin.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0