Visit site
✟8,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have one that I bought back in the summer of 2006 so it is 7.5 years old. It can text, make calls, but has no camera. All I use it for is just making calls. I don't really use it that often. I have a computer at home that does what I need with a lot more efficiency and where I live, cell service is sporadic at best and worse during storms. I don't travel far so there is not much reason for anything fancy. People who know me know that if I am not back soon, then I they can either wait for me to return or try my cell and hope that I answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeekerOfChrist94

Grandma ♡ June 26, 1942 - January 10, 2017 5:32 pm
Apr 21, 2013
Texas
✟54,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What do you like better about the S4?

I like that it's really customizable. You can customize the home screen with widgets (alarm, weather, flashlight, daily Bible verse, music, etc.), you don't have to put in a password or anything special to download an app, you can change the looks of icons and set the phone to save power so your battery lasts longer. It's just a great customizable phone, which is something that the iphone lacks.

Upvote 0

Odetta

Thankful for grace
Jan 24, 2014
Georgia
✟32,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We're an all i-Device household and then some (extended family) so that when DH or I have to trouble shoot for everyone else (and we do, a lot), we only need to know one make.

I have a 5 and it's about 1.5 years old. I will probably get the 6 in the fall, because my contract will be up. Then mine will be handed down to my oldest son, whose phone (4s) will be handed down to his younger brother, who is up to finally get his own phone at Christmas. All because we have the rule that the youngest person doesn't get the newest phone.

Upvote 0
S

stellalunaCW

When I get a new phone, I usually buy last year's model because they are usually cheap/free. So I currently have a Galaxy SIII that is about a year old and I hope to keep it for a good long while. My previous smart phone was about four years old when I got rid of it, and I only did because it wasn't powerful enough to run the apps I use most.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peacemonger

Dec 11, 2005
✟8,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I bought my first smartphone last summer, a nice HTC One. It was about $550, which I paid full price since I no longer do the contract thing. (Freedom!) My cell phone bill is about $11 per month now, and it includes 4G LTE tethering. If I actually used the data plan or voice plan on it, it might go up to about $18 per month, which is still really cheap. If anyone wants a referral code to the company I really love, PM me. There's a discount that will save both you and me money. I won't post publicly since I don't want to spam.

I plan on not falling into the trap of upgrading all the time and I hope I can use this phone for 3 years or longer.

I have another cell phone I use for my small business, and it's a dumb phone and about 4 years old. I have a 3rd phone that isn't on any plan, and it's 5 years old. I keep it charged up and turned off, and it's a backup phone for 911.

Upvote 0

Sapphire Dragon

Truly Loved... as are you.
Sep 28, 2008
On a planet that needs healing.
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
I used to use a lovely, indestructible Nokia "Media" phone, that had special little play/rewind/fast forward buttons next to the side of the screen. Very useful when playing music. However, my mom had to give it up as she lost her job, and gave me an Obamaphone to replace it, which I still use now. It's from Assurance Wireless, one of their base models.

I've never been a fan of smartphones, have never owned one and hope I won't have to for a very long time. XD

Upvote 0

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟62,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I may be the only American who doesn't own a cell phone. I've never had one or even wanted one. I see so many people addicted to their phones (like drug addicts), that I'm thankful I never got one. Not everyone gets addicted to them, but waaay too many do. The next time your at an airport, take a seat and watch how crazy people act on their cell phones. It's amusing and sad at the same time.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I may be the only American who doesn't own a cell phone. I've never had one or even wanted one. I see so many people addicted to their phones (like drug addicts), that I'm thankful I never got one. Not everyone gets addicted to them, but waaay too many do. The next time your at an airport, take a seat and watch how crazy people act on their cell phones. It's amusing and sad at the same time.
I did not get one until I started college and even then it is a basic phone. I can call and text but not the internet or any apps. I very rarely text. My 17 year old sister though has an I phone and has for over a year she got her first phone when she was 12 or so.

Upvote 0