N/A
✟153,780.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is what makes the Bible so amazing. Moses could not have known any of that and still there are no contradictions. True Science agrees 100% with the Bible.
Nope. There is no firmament, we are not from literal dust, the world was not created in 6 literal days, its not 6,000 years old, its not flat, stars, moon, sun are not in the firmament and we do not use kidneys for thinking.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,780.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Moses spent so much time with God, his face was literally radiating light. He had to wear a veil because it was too overwhelming to others to look at. It seems to me that you're working with a notion somewhere, that there are limitations as to what God is able to accomplish in and through man.
Instead of wild speculations what God could do with Moses, we should focus on the genre of Genesis, which is clearly mythological, not scientific.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,780.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Hebrew is very precise. That is why they could go hundreds and thousands of years with no copy errors.
Thats not how it works. And they made amount of copy errors. They even lost whole books and other books (like Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel...) have multiple versions, even full chapters being different.

And because the ancient Hebrew, similarly to other ancient languages, was quite imprecise and ambiguous, many texts we have can be translated in various different ways, depending on where you will place a comma, a dot, how you will separate words (they did not even use spaces), what tense you will ascribe to it (they did not have tenses) etc.

Its nowhere near the precision of modern, scientific languages used in modern science or information technology, for example.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,780.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’ll look at it as their historical description and you can look at it as a mythological description. Either way based on the Bible the earth was created in 6 days approximately 6000 years ago.
Yes, you should look at it as their description, but you are still reading it as if it was our description, from today's textbooks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟619,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He went to "school" in the ancient Egypt, not in today's Zurich.

Why do you still try to think in that way?
Do you think if you spent extensive time literally in the presence of God, it would make no difference in how much you knew and understood beforehand? That you wouldn't have gained additional knowledge and insight?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,780.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think if you spent extensive time literally in the presence of God, it would make no difference in how much you knew and understood beforehand? That you wouldn't have gained additional knowledge and insight?
Why to speculate? Its useless. Bible clearly does not teach astronomy, molecular biology, electricity, gravity, evolution or anything modern. Actually, it makes the same technical errors as other people of their times, about the natural world.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟619,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Instead of wild speculations what God could do with Moses, we should focus on the genre of Genesis, which is clearly mythological, not scientific.
That Moses spent extensive time in direct communication with God, is nowhere close to wild speculation.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,780.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That Moses spent extensive time in direct communication with God, is nowhere close to wild speculation.
Sorry, but there is nothing in the Old Testament about the natural world that was not known in their culture or in other bronze age cultures.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟619,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟619,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, but there is nothing in the Old Testament about the natural world that was not known in their culture or in other bronze age cultures.
What do you think the Bible is about?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,780.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟619,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exactly.

Firmament, lights in firmament, days,
Not sure what the problem is there.
men being from dust,
Is an omnipotent God unable to do that?
woman being from man,
That's actually more on the scientific side. Some have suggested that Adam's rib could actually be translated as Adam's curve. As in his DNA.
genealogies,
What about them.
flat earth,
What book says the earh is flat?
thinking in kidneys,
eh?
Leviathan/dragons, giants, flood, the tower of babel, eternal waters...
The leviathan was just an animal. Giants like Shaquille O'Neal exist. Floods exist. Towres exist. I don't get the eternal waters reference.

Theses all sound like what I usually hear from atheists trying to discredit the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,780.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure what the problem is there.

Is an omnipotent God unable to do that?

That's actually more on the scientific side. Some have suggested that Adam's rib could actually be translated as Adam's curve. As in his DNA.

What about them.

What book says the earh is flat?

eh?

The leviathan was just an animal. Giants like Shaquille O'Neal exist. Floods exist. Towres exist. I don't get the eternal waters reference.

Theses all sound like what I usually hear from atheists trying to discredit the Bible.
Bible is being discredited not by atheists, but by Christians who do not understand what they are reading and abuse it for their political or naturalistic views.

Regarding the rest, buy a good Bible Dictionary so that you can learn more about such things:

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟619,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟298,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because Moses and most Hebrew writers had no understanding of billions of years, so their YOWM could never give a detailed description of God's POV of Creation, but I just did it for you. So, the English just put in day I guess because they knew YOWM was referring to some time period, and day is a time period. But YOWM is the proper word, not day.

Sure Yowm can mean a day, but that is not what God meant. Here is the problem no young earth guys can ever solve WHY? Why would God SPEED UP the Laws of Nature for Creation? He lives in ALL TIME at once, God is not impatient, as soon as God spoke creation he lived in the end times, he lived with us in Heaven before we were ever born (LOL), can you grasp that my friend. So, why would a God who lives in ALL TIME need to speed up the Laws of Nature?

The stars lights tell us the Universe is billions of years old. If the Sun and Moon had not of collided we could not live on this earth. We gained a stable satellite, that created the Seasons, Days, Years et. al.

I'm the Bible, temples are inaugurated in 7 days. And in the Bible, Genesis is about God's temple. That's why God rests on the 7th day. Because he's resting on His throne.

This is what the Lord says: “Heaven is My throne and the earth is the footstool for My feet. Where then is a house [temple] you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest?
Isaiah 66:1

The Lord is in His holy temple; the Lord’s throne is in heaven; His eyes see, His eyelids test the sons of mankind.
Psalms 11:4

“Now then arise, Lord God, to Your resting place, You and the ark of Your might; let Your priests, Lord God, be clothed with salvation, and let Your godly ones rejoice in what is good.
2 Chronicles 6:41

Until I find a place for the Lord, A dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob.” Let’s go into His dwelling place; Let’s worship at His footstool. Arise, Lord, to Your resting place, You and the ark of Your strength. ¶For the Lord has chosen Zion; He has desired it as His dwelling place. “This is My resting place forever; Here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it.
Psalms 132:5‭, ‬7‭-‬8‭, ‬13‭-‬14 NIV

And you shall not go outside the entrance of the tent of meeting for seven days, until the days of your ordination are completed, for it will take seven days to ordain you.
Leviticus 8:33

temple priest ordination in 7 days.

And in the eleventh year, in the month of Bul, which is the eighth month, the house was finished in all its parts, and according to all its specifications. He was seven years in building it.
1 Kings 6:38

The Temple constructed in 7 years.

And all the men of Israel assembled to King Solomon at the feast in the month Ethanim, which is the seventh month. ‭

Inauguation feast on the 7th month.

So Solomon held the feast at that time, and all Israel with him, a great assembly, from Lebo-hamath to the Brook of Egypt, before the Lord our God, seven days.
1 Kings 8:65

Temple inauguration feast 7 days.

Temple inauguration, 7-days

‭‭2 Chronicles 7:1 NIV‬‬
[1] When Solomon finished praying, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices, and the glory of the Lord filled the temple.
[5] And King Solomon offered a sacrifice of twenty-two thousand head of cattle and a hundred and twenty thousand sheep and goats. So the king and all the people dedicated the temple of God.
[8] So Solomon observed the festival at that time for seven days, and all Israel with him—a vast assembly, people from Lebo Hamath to the Wadi of Egypt.

temple dedicated to God on the 7th day of the 7th month, after 7 years, and what does God do?.

“But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Even heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain you, much less this house that I have built!
Hear the plea of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place; O hear in heaven your dwelling place; hear and forgive.
1 King‬ ‭8:27‬

As the glory of the Lord entered the temple by the gate facing east, the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of the Lord filled the temple. While the man was standing beside me, I heard one speaking to me out of the temple, and he said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the people of Israel forever. And the house of Israel shall no more defile my holy name, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoring and by the dead bodies of their kings at their high places,
Ezekiel 43:4‭-‬7

God rests.

genesis 1 split into 7 days to recognize the action of God taking presence in his temple. Kind of like a ceremony on which God prepares creation for His rulership.

- In the first month of the second year, on the first of the month, the tabernacle was set up.
1. And Moses raised the tabernacle, and he placed its bases, and he set up its frames, and he placed its bars, and he raised its pillars. And he spread the tent over the tabernacle; he placed the covering of the tent over it, above it, as Yahweh had commanded Moses.
2. And he took and he put the testimony into the ark, and he placed the poles on the ark, and he put the atonement cover on the ark, above it. And he brought the ark into the tabernacle, and he set up the curtain of the screening, and he shielded the ark of the testimony, as Yahweh had commanded Moses.
3. And he put the table in the tent of assembly on the north side of the tabernacle outside the curtain. And he arranged on it an arrangement of bread before Yahweh, as Yahweh had commanded Moses.
4. And he placed the lampstand in the tent of assembly opposite the table on the south side of the tabernacle. And he set up the lamps before Yahweh, as Yahweh had commanded Moses.
5. And he placed the gold altar in the tent of assembly before the curtain. And he turned fragrant incense into smoke on it, as Yahweh had commanded Moses.
6. And he set up the entrance screen for the tabernacle. And the altar of burnt offering he placed at the entrance of the tabernacle of the tent of assembly, and he offered on it the burnt offering and the grain offering, as Yahweh had commanded Moses.
7. And he placed the basin between the tent of assembly and the altar, and he put there water for washing. And Moses and Aaron and his sons washed their hands and their feet from it. At their going into the tent of assembly and at their approaching the altar, they washed, as Yahweh had commanded Moses.
-. And he set up the courtyard all around the tabernacle and the altar, and he put up the screen of the gate of the courtyard, and Moses completed the work.
Exodus 40:17‭-‬33

Let us go to his dwelling places; Let us worship at his footstool. Arise, O Yahweh, to your resting place, you and your mighty ark. For Yahweh has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his habitation. “This is my resting place forever; here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it.
Psalms 132:7‭-‬8‭, ‬13‭-‬14

and the gold of that land is good; bdellium and onyx stone are there.
Genesis 2:12

This is the offering that you shall receive from them: gold, silver, and bronze,
Exodus 25:3

onyx stones and gems to be set in the ephod and for the breastpiece.
Exodus 25:7

He drove out the man; and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim, and a sword flaming and turning to guard the way to the tree of life.
Genesis 3:24

You shall make two cherubim of gold; you shall make them of hammered work, at the two ends of the mercy seat.
Exodus 25:18

So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all the work that he had done in creation.
Genesis 2:3

You shall keep the sabbath, because it is holy for you; everyone who profanes it shall be put to death; whoever does any work on it shall be cut off from among the people.
Exodus 31:14

God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth.” God saw everything that he had made and, behold, it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning, a sixth day.
Genesis 1:31

And *Moses saw* all the work, and *behold*, they had done it; as the Lord had commanded, so had they done it. Then *Moses blessed them*.
Exodus 39:43

The Hebrew word ‘abad (עבד) can be translated as “to work,” “to serve,” or “to worship.” It is a common verb and is often used for cultivating the soil (Genesis 2:5, 3:23, 4:2,12). However, the word is also commonly used in a religious sense of serving God (Deuteronomy 4:19) and in priestly texts, especially regarding the tabernacle duties of the Levites (Numbers 3:7-8, 4:23-24, 4:26).

The second Hebrew word, translated as “to keep,” is shamar (שמר), which is commonly used for a priestly service of worship, as well as in legal texts of observing religious commands and duties (Leviticus 18:5). The word is also used for the Levitical responsibility of guarding the tabernacle from intruders (Numbers 1:53, 3:7-8)

He adorns Her with the covering of Her flesh.
She tears Her clothing.
On the second day
He adorns Her in the two rivers.
She sets a pot on the fire
A vessel on top of the coals.

Behold a day and a second,
The fire eats into the house,
The flame into the palace.
A fifth, a sixth day,
The fire eats into the house,
The flame in the midst of the palace.
Behold, on the seventh day,
The fire departs from the house,
The flame from the palace.
Silver turns from blocks,
Gold is turned from bricks.

baal cycle

House of the anuna gods possessing great power, which gives wisdom to the people, house, reposeful dwelling of the great gods! House, which was planned together with a plans of heaven and Earth. House which underpins the Land and supports the shrines! -Sumerian Temple Hymn of Kes.

When Anu, Enlil, and Ea had a first idea of heaven and Earth, that they found a wise means of providing support for the gods: They prepared, in the land, a pleasant dwelling. And the gods were installed in this dwelling: their principal Temple. Then they entrusted to the king the responsibility of assuring them their regular choice offerings. and for the feast of the gods, they established the required food offering! The gods loved this dwelling!
-akkadian prayer, temple dedication.

Gudea, you were building my house for me, and were having The offices perform to perfection for me, You had my house shine for me, like Utu and heaven's midst, separating. Like a lofty foothill range, heaven from Earth.

No holy house, no house of the gods, had been built in a pure place;
No reed had come forth, no tree had been created;
No brick had been laid, no brickmold had been created;
No house bad been built; no city had been created;
No city had been built, no settlement had been founded;
Nippur had not been built, Ekur had not been created;
The depths had not been built, Eridu had not been created;
No holy house, no house of the gods, no dwelling for them had been created.
All the world was sea,
The spring in the midst of the sea was only a channel,
Then was Eridu built, Esagila (temple) was created.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟897,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not think you grasped what I meant by WORD STUDY as in the origin of the words.

2 Kings 17:37 And the statutes, 2706 and the ordinances, 4941 and the law, 8451 and the commandment, 4687 which x834 he wrote 3789 z8804 for you, ye shall observe 8104 z8799 to do 6213 z8800 for evermore; 3117 x3605 and ye shall not x3808 fear 3372 z8799 other 312 ´élöhîm אֱלֹהִים. 430

This (evermore) is the English translation. The link to the Hebrew word origin is 3117 so in my Hebrew Massoretic Bible i get a link to the original word in Hebrew SEE BELOW:

#3117 יוֹם yowm {yome}

from an unused root meaning to be hot; TWOT - 852; n m

—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)​

1) day, time, year
1a) day (as opposed to night)
1b) day (24 hour period)
1b1) as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1
1b2) as a division of time
1b2a) a working day, a day's journey
1c) days, lifetime (pl.)
1d) time, period (general)
1e) year
1f) temporal references
1f1) today
1f2) yesterday
1f3) tomorrow

—Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)​

From an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially):—age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever (-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (. . . live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year (-ly), + younger.

—Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)​

• #3117.
  • יוֹם
  • yom (398a); a prim. root; day:—
  • NASB - afternoon*(1), age(8), age*(1), all(1), always*(14), amount*(2), battle(1), birthday*(1), Chronicles*(38), completely*(1), continually*(14), course*(1), daily(22), daily the days(1), day(1115), day of the days(1), day that the period(1), day's(6), day's every day(1), daylight*(1), days(635), days on the day(1), days to day(1), days you shall daily(1), days ago(1), days'(11), each(1), each day(4), entire(2), eternity(1), evening*(1), ever in your life*(1), every day(2), fate(1), first(5), forever*(11), forevermore*(1), full(5), full year(1), future*(1), holiday*(3), later*(2), length(1), life(12), life*(1), lifetime(2), lifetime*(1), live(1), long(2), long as i live(1), long*(11), midday*(1), now(5), older*(1), once(2), period(3), perpetually*(2), present(1), recently(1), reigns(1), ripe*(1), short-lived*(1), so long*(1), some time(1), survived*(2), time(45), time*(1), times*(2), today(172), today*(1), usual(1), very old*(1), when(10), when the days(1), whenever(1), while(3), whole(2), year(10), yearly(5), years(13), yesterday*(1).

—NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries​

So, this brings us FULL CIRCLE, what do you mean they do not say YOWM, I am not speaking about the English words my friend. Do you think I do not know how to do simple word studies?

4:3 And in process 7093 x4480 of time 3117 (same NUMBER)it came to pass, x1961 that Kayin קַיִן 7014 brought 935 z8686 of the fruit 6529 x4480 of the ground 127 an offering 4503 unto Yähwè יָהוֶה. 3068

5:29 O that x4310 x5414 there were x1961 such 2088 an y4310 heart 3824 in them, y5414 z8799 that they would fear 3372 z8800 me, and keep 8104 z8800 x853 all x3605 my commandments 4687 always, 3117 x3605 that x4616 it might be well 3190 z8799 with them, and with their children 1121 for ever! 5769

41:1 ¶ And it came to pass x1961 at the end 7093 x4480 of two full y3117 years, 8141 x3117 that Par`ò פַּרעֹה 6547 dreamed: 2492 z8802 and, behold, x2009 he stood 5975 z8802 by x5921 the river. 2975

Every number links to YOWM. I have no clue how you can even attempt to argue against my points here.

If you want to live in La la land be my guest, the fact that Gen. 1:1-3 says that DARKNESS was on the FACE OF THE DEEP, and that matches a mapped out with RADAR universe, why actually makes Gen. 1:1-3 a perfect statement to the science world, then you are just never going to be able to grasp the facts. This lifts up Gods word as facts, yet you deny that victory.

Anther point I did not even make, see this here, where it says God moved on the FACE of the WATERS?

Gen. 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Sun beams travel in a straight line, you get that right? So, when Gid says he moved on the Face of the Waters first and THEN.........said let there be light, to you get the significance of that statement?

Just outside our atmosphere it gets much, much darker right? Our Bio-Dome (Atmosphere) entraps moisture, and thus that water REFLECTS the suns rays and illuminates the earth. God told us everything in Gen. 1 about creation, some just can not grasp what he is saying, they overthink it or cling men's writings who never understood what God was saying because they had no ability to grasp these things.

Do you really think that men were building a Tower unto the Heavens? Its a METAPHOR for KNOWLEDGE. Thus when God gave men different languages or confused the languages it was so they could nit unite knowledge in one place. When the computer came out KNOWLEDFED ZOOMED forth, now within 50 years we have AI and we have cloning, there is no end to the evil mankind can achieve with his evil heart.

My calling has a ben towards prophecy, Daniel and Revelation, these things we are talking about here is easy stuff compared unto that. The world shows us how old it is, 4.5 billion years old, the Universe shows us it is 13.7 billion years old. God RESTED on the 7th day, so why are Galaxies still forming? Because God created the Universe on day 1, 13.7 billion years ago, by saying GO FORTH, and thus the universe is expanding to this day.
Did you click on any of the links I provided? You’re going by Strong’s concordance numbers which are extremely vague. James strong took all the variations of words and categorized them into one reference number but these different variations often carry with them a different meaning. I don’t understand how you think that I’m referring to English words when I provided the links to biblehub showing the Hebrew word for word translation. And in 2 Kings 17:37 Yovm is not in that verse. No variation of Yovm is in that verse. I don’t know what Hebrew lexicon your using but it’s incorrect on that particular verse.

Upvote 0