Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Quite often, I hate the idea of other's mortality HOWEVER as it relates to my own I have accepted it early ( I am only 24). I think much of it have to do with my health issues as well as the fact that my father's side has had compareively short lives with my father himself dying March of last year at just 53.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I wake up every day and think to myself that it is another day closer to eternity. I have been close to death a few times, 2 heart attacks and other ailments, and each time I had perfect peace. I am ready to lay down this body of corruption and take up my new body that is fully consecrated, fully committed and fully without sin. I long for that eternal day.

Still, I am in no hurry to leave this world because I long to preach the Gospel of the free and sovereign grace of God in Christ Jesus the Lord to all who the Lord gives me opportunity. I want to be used of God to call His elect to life and faith in Christ. May the sovereign Lord use me until my work is done and then call me home. I desire to commit all myself to the preaching of His Gospel to this lost and dying world.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

MechPebbles

Oct 24, 2007
✟15,712.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
People often think about it after theyve been to a funeral. But i havent been to any lately.
Just attended one yesterday for my father-in-law. It's hitting me really hard. The sight of my wife, her sister and my niece grieving keeps playing over and over in my head. Ironically, they cry and then get over it. I don't seem to be doing so well. I believe I may be experiencing what is usually called an existential crisis. With my faith in Christ, I don't understand how I could be feeling this way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Just attended one yesterday for my father-in-law. It's hitting me really hard. The sight of my wife, her sister and my niece grieving keeps playing over and over in my head. Ironically, they cry and then get over it. I don't seem to be doing so well. I believe I may be experiencing what is usually called an existential crisis. With my faith in Christ, I don't understand how I could be feeling this way.
I too had a very tough time when my father-in-law died. For many years we were very close but something changed and he began to be very distant with me and his last words to me were in utter anger and hatred. I had a very difficult time with that. I didn't question my faith but my faith was shaken. I questioned why it was that way with him and me and why I couldn't be the man he wanted me to be. I started doing a lot of self examination and all I could see was my faults and failings. It almost broke me.

During one of my most miserable times I began to pray because I had nothing else to lay hold of and I once more looked to Christ and the burden of my faults and failings fell off of my back.

It actually ended up strengthening my faith rather than destroying it. I will pray for you that you will be strengthened by your experience.

Reactions: MechPebbles
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
A passage that comes to mind about things that are shaken but remain:

(Heb 12:25) See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

(Heb 12:26) Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

(Heb 12:27) And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

(Heb 12:28) Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

(Heb 12:29) For our God is a consuming fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0