How Much...

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, my current girlfriend is almost 10 years younger than I am... my last girlfriend was 6 years younger than I am; but I've also dated, and been engaged to, women whom were older than me. I've decided to stick with the younger ladies for reasons I've stated far too often here... lol

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Ideally, within 5 years of my age. I have no problem going 10 years older, though. I have once and our age difference wasn't a problem for me. I don't see myself dating someone more than 5 years younger. I have found (from personal experience) that men more than 5 years younger than me are in just too different of a place than me psychologically speaking.

Recap: Willing to go 10 years older and 5 years younger.

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I generally agree with the XKCD rule.

dating_pools.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

EphesiaNZ

It's me! Who else could it be...
Apr 19, 2011
New Zealand
✟15,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The greater the age difference, the greater the odds are it will not work out...in my opinion.....

My wife is about three weeks older than me and we're still going strong after seventeen years so perhaps you could be correct :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Definitely matters less with time. People are still growing up and becoming adults all through their 20's. Once you get into like, your 40's and 50's, you're not going to become any more of an adult than you already are, so the age limits are much more flexible.

I've always wanted someone older, or at least my own age, not younger. There's enough competition for men out there, I don't need younger chicks to deal with. I'd rather BE the younger chick ;) Anyway...I'm 33 and I'd date in the range of 30-50.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

RayofSun

I prefer a 15 minute difference in age, no more no less

:D Wow aren't you lenient. I'll only accept someone within 10 minutes, but maybe it's time for me to branch out a bit. ;)

But in all seriousness....

Younger: I'd probably only be comfortable with a year, maybe two if things were really right.
Older: I don't really know, and despite thinking about this for a while, I can't come up with a specific number cut off. Definitely no one older than 40 :p because then we're entering my parent's age group...yuck.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
For the most part, must be born no earlier than January 1, 1985, and no later than September 27, 1989. If I found the right person who didn't necessarily fit, than I could go around that, but that's the guideline I usually use.

Upvote 0

MehTeh

Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
✟15,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1/2+7 rule has been around for a long time. It's still pretty accurate for how young I'd go. Hesitant about going too much older though because I want a truck load of kids. 50 at least. I believe it may take multiple wives to do so, so I'm looking at dropping God and moving somewhere that will let me.

Upvote 0

Lord Herdsetk

What were they thinking?
Dec 4, 2010
Alabama
✟16,810.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The greater the age difference, the greater the odds are it will not work out...in my opinion.....

I must live in a scandalous household.

There's a 15 year age difference between my parents, and they've been together 20+ years. You do the math there as to whose who.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
1/2+7 rule has been around for a long time. It's still pretty accurate for how young I'd go. Hesitant about going too much older though because I want a truck load of kids. 50 at least. I believe it may take multiple wives to do so, so I'm looking at dropping God and moving somewhere that will let me.

ROFL

Reactions: MehTeh
Upvote 0

stan1472

Feb 24, 2005
Chicago
✟2,090.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm just kinda curious about people's opinions on this one. I wonder how much older or younger people would be willing to date. I get the feeling that age differences matters less with time. I'm gonna post my own opinions later as class is about to start. :cool:

Age difference is not important to me. Faith difference is my biggest issue. It's very hard for me to overcome that.

Upvote 0