How much physical affection should be in a Christian dating relationship ?

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know this is 500th time asking something about relationships but im going through something right now lol. How much physical affection should be in a Christian relationship should it stop at peck kissing and holding hands ? Or is cuddling acceptable

Reluctant Theologian

אַבְרָהָם
Jul 13, 2021
QLD
✟71,510.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know this is 500th time asking something about relationships but im going through something right now lol. How much physical affection should be in a Christian relationship should it stop at peck kissing and holding hands ? Or is cuddling acceptable
May depend a bit on your culture, here where I live most people greet members of the opposite sex with three kisses on the cheeks (something I feel uncomfortable with), so physical interaction would be expected to go beyond what is normal between random people/friends.

At least make sure you're close enough to smell the other person; that is very important. Whether you like the other person's scent is an important biological marker for genetic compatibility, and of course makes living together in the future a lot easier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Careful that you aren't messing about with someone else's future wife...

This is a problem...

Being sure before God that you are called to each other, taking it slow and keeping intimacy for marriage.

Upvote 0