Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It may be the same Greek word, but there are 4 definitions for that word.
Every English Bible version has the 1st word spelled as "god" & the last capitalized: "God"
I don't care what the English translators say Sis! It is error as I have shown from the context.

First, in the second clause Christ is said to be the image of hotheos. So if hotheos in the first clause is satan, then Christ is the image of satan. This CANNOT be!

Second, Paul said that it was the veil over Moses' face that blinded the minds of unbelievers in Moses' time. He said that that "SAME veil" remained unlifted in his time. In both times it was GOD who blinded the minds of men to His glory by instrumentation of the veil. Satan had nothing to do with it.

Third, the expression "of this age" refers to unbelievers and not to satan.

Fourth, there is no biblical evidence that satan had the power to blind the minds of men. Jesus made a clear reference to satan in John 12:32. But in verses 39-40 He quoted Isaiah who said that GOD blinded the minds of the Jews.

Translation:

God (hotheos) has blinded the minds of those who of this age do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God (hotheos), should shine on them.

:)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think you will find a different Greek word in 2Cor.4:4 for the "god" of this age, & "Christ, who is the image of "God"

True , the god of that age (and I am just reiterating what Paul said) was blinding the unbelievers. Paul wasn't referring to God or Christ.
The Christians were to stand up to the wiles of the devil , in that evil age (*aeon) (Eph.6:10-13)

Also, Satan prowled around like a roaring lion (in that age), looking for someone to devour, according to Peter.

Paul also said in Gal.1:3,4 in reference to "this present evil age"
3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,

John 14:30,
30 I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;

Rev.12:9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

So, I got the impression that Satan was the prince or "god" of that age :)

You do believe the age to come, came, now don't you? :confused:
:)

I actually had a thread on that some time back :angel:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7328728-3/#post50081446
John 14 and the "ruler/chief" of World

John 14:30 "Not still much I shall be talking with ye, for is coming/ercetai <2064> (5736) the Chief/arcwn <758> of this the world
and in Me not he is having anything. [John 18:3/1 John 2:18]

John 16:11 "About yet judging, that the Chief/arcwn <758> of this the world has been judged

John 18:3 Judas therefore having taken the band and officers out of the Chief-Priests/arc-ierewn <749> and Pharisees,
doth-come/ercetai <2064> (5736) thither with torches and lamps and weapons
[John 14:30/16:11]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.