May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your post and vote.

It seems I saw a thread on the Eschatology board awhile back with that title, and had not heard of it until that thread. Do you remember it by any chance? Thanks
No, I don't remember a specific post. I use the phrase sometimes to draw focus away from arguing about items contained in each position and towards evaluating the hermeneutic behind the differences.

I don't know if I started it or if I saw it used before; but like Rocky says: I think I invented it.

I like Evergreen's synopsis of how Christ said that he had come to fulfill!!!.

He didn't only come to fulfill the picture of the suffering savior, but also of the victorious savior through trouncing both the old covenant way of works, religion,/ combelled behavior and replacing it through fulfilling the way of justification via faith and covenant of Mercy. Think not that He came to bring Peace.. but a sword... The sword was prophecied in Duet 32:42 and would be through the 'minds of the leaders of the enemies. I used to think this was a sword of judgment that each person would be internally judged and/or approved by.... a dividing of the intent of the heart as in Heb 4:12. I think their is some extension towards this.

I think judaism has inoculated the church's teaching with the futurist ruling messiah mentality while they attempt to perpetuate their own kingdom. I think that is why they start the Talmudic calander in the fall rather than in passover as required by the law of Moses. It's possible that they see their own religion as the 'messiah' to the world while denying Christs condemnation of it through the desolation of Jerusalem/Babylon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wish also that there would be more interaction on this issue. Like the thread in Eschatology about "this Generation"; this is a foundational issue between weather the NT is to be read as a new code of law and doctrine to be deciphered or as a narrative history of the fulfillments of the prophets and a fulfillment of the Everlasting Covenant of life to man and 'new' covenant to those under the old covenant law.

Shameless bump.

For those who didn't know, I voted all fulfilled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wish also that there would be more interaction on this issue. Like the thread in Eschatology about "this Generation"; this is a foundational issue between weather the NT is to be read as a new code of law and doctrine to be deciphered or as a narrative history of the fulfillments of the prophets and a fulfillment of the Everlasting Covenant of life to man and 'new' covenant to those under the old covenant law.

Shameless bump.

For those who didn't know, I voted all fulfilled.
I tend to agree. I was also quite disappointed when CF staff moved this thread over here to the UT "no man's land" board from the GT board, where all the action seems to be ehehe....

I have never seen so much confusion in Christianity than I have seen on Matthew 24 and all of the Olivet Discourse.

Like I said earlier, there are some "partial preterists" that do not even view the Olivet Discourse and Revelation as the same event!
Maybe we should do a verse by verse study on this Chapter on the GT board like I did with the Gospel of John and currently doing with the book of Romans. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 'generation' SINGULAR that Jesus and many of the O.T. writers depicted is not a GENERATION that can be seen with fleshly eyes...

yet God has been 'dealing' with THAT GENERATION from the beginning and that GENERATION will have an ending exactly as Jesus described in Matthew 24 IF it is understood properly.

Jesus gave us a physical preamble of the EVENT TO COME, so it has been in part fulfilled...but yet to be fulfilled in totality.

That 'GENERATION' is the GENERATION of DEVILS who have not yet passed away. There was ONE in the Garden who IS STILL HERE...and he also has CHILDREN. That SERPENT had children standing in the seat of mankind when Jesus was here, and THEY will still be here to SEE HIM when He comes again, prior to THEM being sent to the FIRES prepared for THEM.

Factor that generation INTO VIEW and Matthew 24 is as clear as a BELL.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The 'generation' SINGULAR that Jesus and many of the O.T. writers depicted is not a GENERATION that can be seen with fleshly eyes...

yet God has been 'dealing' with THAT GENERATION from the beginning and that GENERATION will have an ending exactly as Jesus described in Matthew 24 IF it is understood properly.

Jesus gave us a physical preamble of the EVENT TO COME, so it has been in part fulfilled...but yet to be fulfilled in totality.

That 'GENERATION' is the GENERATION of DEVILS who have not yet passed away. There was ONE in the Garden who IS STILL HERE...and he also has CHILDREN. That SERPENT had children standing in the seat of mankind when Jesus was here, and THEY will still be here to SEE HIM when He comes again, prior to THEM being sent to the FIRES prepared for THEM.

Hi Squint and thanks for your input!

Perhaps to you and I it is "clear as a Bell".

I rarely post on the Eschatology board but I do browse thru it and it astonishes me how " confused" much of Christianity is on Matt 24 and Revelation. I found this thread on "Generation" over there: :wave:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7386170/
This Generation

Help me understand the verse that says This generation will not pass away before Jesus returns. How does the Greek roughly translate to our modern language as I have always struggled with this.

I know we are not to know the day or the hour, but notice we could know the season, the generation, year or even month then. Maybe:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Squint and thanks for your input!

Perhaps to you and I it is "clear as Bell".

I rarely post on the Eschatology board but I do browse thru it and it astonishes me how " confused" much of Christianity is on Matt 24 and Revelation. I found this thread on "Generation" over there: :wave:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7386170/

IF that 'generation' SITS in the temple(s) of mankind (our bodies) then THEY in mankind will 'always' minimze or eradicate ANY LIGHT upon their presence, HENCE why so FEW are able to factor THEM into their equations of judgments.

In further discourse, you will SEE that generation BLAMES AND ACCUSES our fellow man DAY AND NIGHT and they DO SO primarily 'within' believers as IN THEM is where the Word is sown and IN THEM Satan promptly arrives to STEAL.

Now, look at ANY group of believers and you will find them openly condemning MANKIND, condemning them to burn alive forever and completely IGNORING 'that Generation.' This is what THAT GENERATION does no differently TODAY than what THEY DID in the Pharisees of Jesus' time except NOW they have accelerated the HATRED OF OUR FELLOW MAN unto our fellow man to be burned alive forever.

This is what THAT GENERATION DOES and they DO SO in preparation for THEIR final judgment and separation FROM mankind.

The LAW aroused 'them' to judgment IN Israel:

Genesis 49:7
Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce; and their wrath, for it was cruel: I will divide them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel.

That surely came to pass in the people of Israel. The LAW came, aroused SIN which is OF THE DEVIL and brought then JUDGMENT unto those who were CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, children of the DEVIL 'in Israel.'

Yet THOSE PEOPLE were viewed in THIS MANNER by God:

Numbers 23:21
He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the LORD his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.

The 'reasons' God saw them in this way is because GOD SEES that GENERATION as a completely SEPARATE ENTITY CLASS than the CHILDREN OF GOD...

Two Vessels/ONE BODY.

One taken...one left behind IN JUDGMENT.

They were ALL made homeless in the days of the flood save for those who clung to the backs of those in the Ark.

They were ALL made homeless on the day when it rained fire and brimstone from heaven in Sodom and Gomorrah...

And those PHYSICAL SIGNS were a WARNING TO THAT GENERATION to not get out of HAND and as a SIGN of what is to come upon THAT generation.

s

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And those PHYSICAL SIGNS were a WARNING TO THAT GENERATION to not get out of HAND and as a SIGN of what is to come upon THAT generation.
So how much of Matthew 24 do you view as fulfilled, as I noticed you voted some/most as fulfilled?

Another words, what part of it or verses do you still view as future? Thanks

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would like to mainly hear from Partial Preterists and those who voted on "some/most" of Matt 24 being fulfilled on how much of it they view as fulfilled. Thanks :wave:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can you explain why?
I could, but you or most others would probably not understand.
I also want to see more votes first :)

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hi squint. There are some accurate spiritual truths and principles to what you say.

However in the Olivet the greek word is always "genea" which is a word meaning a group of people living at a lifespan. The greek word that Jesus would have used if he had intended the meaning to be as you say would have been Gennema which means fruit or offspring of like kind.

GENNEMA http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1081&t=KJV
Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Mat 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. Mat 23:33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom. Mar 14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God. Luk 3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Luk 12:18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. Luk 22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 2Cr 9:10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for [your] food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)
The word used in Matt 23 and 24 is GENEA.
I think Christ emphasised that Genea so to indicate that the Generation of the end of the old Covenant (Jeshurun) as prophesied in Duet 32.

Mat 1:17 So all the generations from Abraham to David [are] fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon [are] fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ [are] fourteen generations. Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows, Mat 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: Mat 12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here. Mat 12:42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon [is] here. Mat 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last [state] of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation. Mat 16:4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed. Mat 17:17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Mar 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation. Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. Mar 9:19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me. Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. Luk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Luk 1:50 And his mercy [is] on them that fear him from generation to generation. Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like? Luk 9:41 And Jesus answering said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Bring thy son hither. Luk 11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet. Luk 11:30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation. Luk 11:31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon [is] here. Luk 11:32 The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here. Luk 11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; Luk 11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation. Luk 16:8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.
Luk 17:25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Act 8:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth. Act 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption: Act 14:16 Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways. Act 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day. Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; Eph 3:21 Unto him [be] glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. Phl 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Col 1:26 [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: Hbr 3:10Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in [their] heart; and they have not known my ways.
When Jesus added the emphasis of "This" to the generation that would see 'all these things" as used in chapter 23, it becomes increasingly clear that his intended meaning was that all those things were to be signs for the disciples in Judea who would remain living until that time to prepare to flee to the mouintains east of the Jordan.

All those things DID happen in that GENEA just as he had predicted. The olivet is about the end of the old covenant age (aeon) and proving the conditional covenant dependant on man as inferior and faulty as prophecied in Duet 27, 32 and in Daniel...etc ..... not about the end of the 'world' (kosmos).

The question then as C.S Lewis recognized is how all those things were fulfilled. He noted that anyone who took the bible seriously would eventually come upon the need to resolve the fact that "this generation" actually meant that generation to whom Christ was speaking. He felt that to try to make it mean something else was being dishonest with the text.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi squint. There are some accurate spiritual truths and principles to what you say.

However in the Olivet the greek word is always "genea" which is a word meaning a group of people living at a lifespan. The greek word that Jesus would have used if he had intended the meaning to be as you say would have been Gennema which means fruit or offspring of like kind.

There is an automatic response syndrome that operates in nearly all believers that says in their head...EVERY WORD OF GOD is only speaking to and of mankind. This is provably NOT the case though.

As it pertains to your bolded statement, WHY would it have to relate to FRUIT or OFFSPRING? There is ONLY ONE GENERATION of DEVILS...the devils offspring DO multiply but NONE of them have yet passed away.

GENNEMA Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
The word used in Matt 23 and 24 is GENEA.
I think Christ emphasised that Genea so to indicate that the Generation of the end of the old Covenant (Jeshurun) as prophesied in Duet 32.

Ah...welcome to my hunting grounds...Duet. 32 is one of my all time faves in text...because IN THERE God speaks of these matters to heaven and earth, not just 'Israel.'

In there we find one of the first glimpses of 'this generation' SINGULAR tense:

19And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.
20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

God LOVES His Children, ALL OF ISRAEL.

But that is not ALL of what "ISRAEL" consisted of.

See my post here (you will have to SEARCH your own heart to find understanding) for clarifications, because THAT GENERATION is within YOU and ME as well my friend:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7398472-3/#post52837888

I will know INSTANTLY if you get it and also instantly if you DON'T. My brothers and sisters in TRUTH can stand the LIGHT OF EXPOSURE upon themselves and will RISE to the facts of these matters.

All those things DID happen in that GENEA just as he had predicted. The olivet is about the end of the old covenant age (aeon) and proving the conditional covenant dependant on man as inferior and faulty as prophecied in Duet 27, 32 and in Daniel...etc ..... not about the end of the 'world' (kosmos).

Uh, no, they DIDN'T see all of those things.

Matthew 24 AND Revelation is PRIMARILY about the ultimate destruction of SIN, EVIL AND THE POWER OF DEATH that presently works IN and WITHIN mankind and all of those workings are OF THAT/THIS Generation, the GENERATION OF DEVILS.
The question then as C.S Lewis recognized is how all those things were fulfilled. He noted that anyone who took the bible seriously would eventually come upon the need to resolve the fact that "this generation" actually meant that generation to whom Christ was speaking. He felt that to try to make it mean something else was being dishonest with the text.

I'm sorry, but on this particular matter C.S. Lewis didn't see any better than you because you are only led to look at PEOPLE, which THAT GENERATION promotes because THEY do not want to be 'seen' by us by their 'nature.' They RESIST having the LIGHT shed upon them and they DO SO in mankind because they are IN mankind.

Jesus showed all of us this FACT on nearly every page of the Gospels. Mankind is not alone in flesh or in mind my friend. And you are no exception.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

JediMobius

The Guy with the Face
Jan 12, 2006
Beer City, Michigan
✟10,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I view it as currently being fulfilled. Even though much of what Jesus said has happened in the past, it is still happening. There are still wars and rumors of wars, for example. The great tribulation hasn't happened yet, and I really don't think the object of desolation (not that I quite know what to expect of that) has stood in the holy place. As much false prophecy and false teaching as there is, I think it's soft in comparison to what it will be. Also, I'm pretty sure there are many areas in the world where the gospel has yet to be preached.

We are in the beginning of birth pangs. It wouldn't take much to go into full-on labor, so to speak, but I don't see how that is happening or already has happened.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I view it as currently being fulfilled. Even though much of what Jesus said has happened in the past, it is still happening. There are still wars and rumors of wars, for example. The great tribulation hasn't happened yet, and I really don't think the object of desolation (not that I quite know what to expect of that) has stood in the holy place. As much false prophecy and false teaching as there is, I think it's soft in comparison to what it will be. Also, I'm pretty sure there are many areas in the world where the gospel has yet to be preached.

We are in the beginning of birth pangs. It wouldn't take much to go into full-on labor, so to speak, but I don't see how that is happening or already has happened.
Thank you for your response. :wave:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So far, it seems like the ones that view it as some/most fulfilled is in the majority.

I view it as mostly/partially fulfilled
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JudgeEden

Lone Wolf
May 27, 2008
Washington
✟15,549.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone, it seems not many know of past events that have happened that may be a reference to these scriptures. I shall give you a bit of a history lesson, then you determine if the prophecies speak of these events. This is going to be a LONG post, so please read at least most of it. I guarantee its interesting.

Note: A lot of this information comes from remnantofgod.org

• Matthew 24:15,16 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:"
HISTORIC FACT IS...
gray-tl.gif

gray-tr.gif

In A.D.66 when Cestius came against the city, but unaccountably withdrew, the Christians discerned in this the sign foretold by Christ, and fled while 1,100,000 Jews are said to have been killed in the terrible siege in A.D. 70. (The attack of the Roman warrior Titus occurred in 70AD killing the 1,100,000 Jews) Eusebius, Church History, book 3, chap. 5

gray-bl.gif

gray-br.gif

The Christians living at the time Cestius came against the city, and then withdrew, understood exactly what was happening. They remembered the prophecy Jesus made in Matthew 24:15,16 and fled to the mountains before the Roman army returned in 70AD with Titus. Could it be Cestius was "casing the joint" as we say in today's lingo? For whatever reason, the Lord saw fit to warn His children in advance of this day and they glorified Him by believing His prophetic statements and fleeing as He suggested they should. As the history book records we see that the non-believing Jews in the city saw no danger when Cestius stopped by. And because they chose to deny Jesus and ignore His prophecy, they paid for their disbelief with their very lives! 1,100,000 men woman and children DIED when Titus returned to burn Jerusalem to the ground. They could have all been spared a horrible death had they just believed in this one mere prophecy of our Lord! Think about today and all the prophecies that have been fulfilled over the years in just our lifetime alone. What an honor, to be loved so deeply by the Almighty Creator that He would warn us in advance like this.

• Matthew 24:21 "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."
This Great Tribulation that Jesus speaks of here in Matthew 24 is one prophecy that is so often taken out of context. It is actually taught by some as being at some time in the future. But what about all the history books that record the Dark Ages with such unintentional prophetic accuracy? Are we to assume that this documented period in history is one that should be forgotten, or looked at lightly? Are we supposed to say that over 500 Million Christians slaughtered for their faith in Jesus as being a time in history that isn't recorded in God's Prophetic Word? Does not the book of Revelation, as well as Daniel speak of a period of persecution occurring? Does it not plainly state Antichrist will attack and kill many Christians? On my page entitled, "7 Year Trib, Fact or Fiction" I share graphic evidence that will no doubt shock you. Most true seekers of Truth that read that page agree, it's amazing how such a blunt mand well known time in history has been so easily clouded over by the agents of Rome as a time that Christ overlooked in prophecy. (See my book, "The Second Window" for an in depth look at the truth about this as well.) Think about it for a moment... All the history books in every library on earth record a period of time with intense religious persecution. Here are just a few excerpts...
gray-tl.gif

gray-tr.gif

"For teaching faith contrary to the teaching of the Church of Rome, history records the martyrdom of more than 100 million people." Brief Bible Readings p. 16 Under the bloody maxims those persecutions were carried on, from the eleventh and twelfth centuries almost to the present day, which stand out on the page of history. After the signal of open martyrdom had been given in the canons of Orleans, there followed the extirpation of the Albigenses, under the form of a crusade, the establishment of the inquisition, the cruel attempts to extinguish the Waldenses, the martyrdoms of the Lollards, the cruel wars to exterminate the Bohemians, the burning of Huss and Jerome, and multitudes of other confessors, before the Reformation; and afterwards, the ferocious cruelties practised in the Netherlands, the martyrdoms of queen Mary's reign, the extinction, by fire and sword, of the reformation in Spain and Italy, by fraud and open persecution in Poland, the massacre of Bartholomew, the persecution of the Huguenots by the League,... and all the cruelties and perjuries connected with the revocation of the edict of Nantz [Nantes]. These are the more open and conspicuous facts which explain the prophecy, besides the slow and secret murders of the holy tribunal of the inquisition. -Rev. T. R. BIRKS, M.A., The Four Prophetic Empires, and the Kingdom of Messiah (1845 ed.) pp. 248, 249
The church of Rome has shed more innocent blood than any other institution that has ever existed among mankind, will be questioned by no Protestant who has a compentant knowledge of history. The memorials, indeed, of many of her persecutions are now so scanty that it is impossible to form a complete conception of the multitudes of victims, and it is quite certain that no powers of imagination can adequately realize their sufferings. -W.E.H. LECKY, History of the Rise and Influence of the Spirit of Rationalism in Europe, (Reprint; New York: Braziller, 1955) Vol.2 pp. 40-45

The Dark Ages have been recorded in almost every history book available today, however, you may find that some of the modern day history books have altered or even omitted certain historical facts that can be easily researched in most local libraries. Rome has been able to do this over the course of our lifetime alone. Everyone knows about the Inquisitions, the crusades, and all the tirades across the Globe that this church has bragged about in days of old. But do any of the preachers or teachers speak of this time as beign a prophetic event recorded in the Word of God? No they have not. Rome has even stepped into the learning institutions to assure they won't even be taught these truths before they become pastors. However, the Internet has arrived, and now everyone on Earth has access to the largest library of information known to man. This is one of the main reasons the Pope decided to apologize to the world in his "mea-culpa" of March 12, 2000 for torturing and killing all those Christians. Almost anyone with access to a computer, can now verify just what Rome did. Not ALL the books were destroyed. And many of them are now accessible ONLINE! In fact, it no longer matters if your in a poor country, or unable to buy such a book. They now have Internet Cafe's in most countries, and in the USA your local libraries allow anyone to sit down and browse the World Wide Web for FREE! All the doctored history books in the world can't change the fact that Rome tortured and killed those innocent people. We have more proof now than did the innocent people living in that day!
Think of it, 100 MILLION! That actually dwarfs Hitler's holocaust by comparison! Some historians, like John Foxe, of Foxe's book of Martyrs are even estimating the death toll at just over 500 MILLION! This period was indeed the most extensive attack to date ever on the true Christian church in the history of mankind. But still, some preachers will go so far as to say this day is yet to come. Don't let those preachers of error scare you into thinking it's better to be a sinner than a saint because of a precarious future ahead. Of course all Christians will become extremely un-popular soon, and they will experience a short time of trouble as well as the "...time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it." [Jeremiah 30:7] We have an Almighty and Loving Heavenly Father that will protect and keep us during the trouble Jeremiah speaks of. However, the wicked will be all alone when the "time of Jacob's trouble" is realized. They haven't learned how to trust and rely on the God of all creation for protection in this intense time. And those that knowing the Truth concerning these facts waited until the troubles started to walk with Christ, they too will be found lost when Christ arrives. For they do not love Christ as Lord, and seek to please Him with their lives. They only seek Him as a way out of Hellfire, and this is not why He came. Sure, those that follow Christ will escape damnation. But this is not why we follow Him. We do so because we love Him.

Yes there is indeed a time of spiritual as well as physical trouble coming to this planet very soon, however, when the plagues do begin to fall, it is entirely directed toward the wicked, NOT the Christian! The Bible states very plainly that the children of God will be spared the seven last plagues of Revelation. The Un-Believer is the one that has the wrath of God poured upon him, and this wrath is poured WITHOUT mercy!

• Revelation 14:9,10 "And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:"
100 Million Christians, perhaps 500 Million! And they were all killed because the apostate Roman Catholic church thought they were doing God a favor by their terrorist methods of evangelizing! This brings to mind another prophecy that Jesus makes in the book of John about how the children of God will actually be persecuted by their very own religious leaders.

Continued in next post....

Upvote 0

JudgeEden

Lone Wolf
May 27, 2008
Washington
✟15,549.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • JESUS SAID IN... John 16:2 "They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service."
Were you aware thet the Pope almost echoed verbatim what Christ said in this passage? The Pope of Rome admitted in his mea culpa on March 12, 2000 that the Vatican thought they were doing God's will when they tortured and killed all those people! To think that some religious leaders have actually been blinded so much that they think torturing a person, sometimes for days on end, and then eventually killing that person rather than preaching the Gospel to them is the method Jesus would have instructed them to do. This is evidence of the power and ability of a diabolical enemy we have found ourselves engaging. Nevertheless, don't let that slow you down one bit. For the Word says... "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." [Philippians 4:13]
The next three prophecies are a bit on the extraordinary in manner. Some would say shocking. I honestly believe that this is no mistake. I believe Jesus planned it that way so that when the prophecy comes to be, it can in no way be mistaken for anything less than fulfillment.
I will not be a bit surprised if you never knew these next three prophecies were actually fulfilled. The enemy has been very busy keeping these facts hidden from the general public. This has been going on for many hundreds of years. Rome has been very crafty in making sure certain facts were hidden from the general public.
Whenever an event occurs in history of Biblical proportions, the media of the day always seems to do a hush hush on it. Not unlike today in fact. They always seem to use the reason for playing it down to be that they want to prevent wide spread panic. I have recently noticed watching the TV news, many times a reporter will report an event that was actually prophesied in the Bible. But later the story will be absolutely impossible to find repeated on any other newscast or network. It's almost as if they realized their snafu of letting the prophecy confirmation air, and then decided to do a hush hush job on it to spare us the details. These next three prophecies are just like that. History does however record them in vivid detail. So be ready to see a prophecy of old come to light this very day. I have talked with many Christians about these prophecies, and with true honesty, I have to say that over 90% were amazed that they never knew of these particular facts!

• Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:"
Documented historical facts reveal...
gray-tl.gif

gray-tr.gif

Timothy Dwight, president of Yale, remembered that "a very general opinion prevailed, that the day of judgment was at hand. The [Connecticut] House of Representatives, being unable to transact business, adjourned," but the Council lighted candles, preferring, as a member said, "to be found at work if the judgment were approaching." (See JOHN W. BARBER, Connecticut Historical Collections [2d ed., 1836], p.403) ... If every luminous body in the universe had been shrouded in impenetrable shades, or struck out of existence, the darkness could not have been more complete. A sheet of white paper held within a few inches of the eyes was equally invisible with the blackest velvet." -SAMUEL TENNEY, Letter (1785) in Collections of the Massachusetts Historical Society, part 1, vol.1 (1792 ed.), pp.97,98
The remarkable Dark Day of May 19, 1780, is described by Samuel Williams of Harvard, The professor relates... "between the hours of ten and eleven a.m., and continued until the middle of the next night,... Candles were lighted up in houses; ... the birds having sung their evening songs, disappeared, and became silent;... the fowls retired to roost; ... the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] were crowing all around, as at the break of day; ... objects could not be distinguished but at a very little distance; and everything bore the appearance and gloom of night." -Memoirs of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences [through 1783], vol.1 pp. 234,235.)

gray-bl.gif

gray-br.gif

How can anyone deny such documented testimonies? Did you notice who these testimonies were from? A YALE president... The Historical Society of Massachusetts... And a HARVARD professor! These are credible witnesses! Over Sixteen and a half centuries earlier, the Lord Jesus said that after the tribulationperiod (1260 year dark ages) ended, these signs would begin to appear! And as we always see with the prophecy of an Almighty Omnipotent God... THE SIGNS OF HIS COMING DID INDEED BEGIN TO APPEAR
Some of you are probably a little shocked right now. Some of you may have always believed this day was still to arrive. Don't let that bother you though, you found out today, just as the Lord had planned for some of you. The enemy has been very cunning in his ability to hide the truth from many people for thousands of years. Today's time is no exception, as a matter of fact, today is more likely to be a conglomerate of confusing demonic lying attacks on the truth mainly because "...the devil is come down... having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. " [Revelation 12:12] So expect the worse people. Absolutely every aspect of battle, every scrap of lying wonders, is being showered on mankind with such density that it boggles the mind.
I have noticed something a bit obvious though. The enemy has a tendency to always show his hand. Take for example, the fact that so many people have trouble believing in Jesus today. The devil has geared his attack directly upon faith in Jesus! How obvious is that, I ask? One can actually find the truth by merely looking at what threatens the devil the most! It's truly become that obvious, and rightly so. It's the end times and the devil knows his time is short. Certain aspects of his attack are being exposed mainly because so many have fallen for his lies that their hidden agendas are bound to leak out and become visible to all. I am not alone in this either. Many have noticed the signs and have realized this proves the enemy knows his time is extremely short. It is easily noticed by watching the way mankind has played the trendsas well.
Let me explain... In the 50's we had greasers and Fonzie types as a method of sin exploration. In the 60's we had the beatniks. In the 70's we had the hippies and free love. In the 80's it was the leisure suit clad Disco scene that enticed many into a world of sin. But look at the 90's and later. Every single method of the past is back! They are all playing out all at the same time, including some new decadent trends as well. It's almost as if the enemy is saying... "I had them dying on a daily basis using these methods in the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. Why not get them to recall the trends of the past in one last hoorah before game over!" It's a fact people! Visit any big city and you will see people emulating trends of the 50's through the 90's all at the same time! These young people (and old alike) are seeking an answer to their inner self in places that are extremely deadly. The devil has convinced them that they have found themselves and need not look to the Bible for the answer. It's so sad and even ironic. They are searching for peace, and the very things that can give them peace is what they avoid at all costs!

• Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:"
We see here that the prophecy states that the moon will not give her light directly after the sun is darkened. I like looking to the book of Joel to further illustrate this prophecy. Joel actually explains why the moon will not give her light and shine in her normal brilliance. We also understand this is speaking of the same prophetic event, because Joel places it in the same chronological order as Christ does in Matthew 24.

• Joel 2:31 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come."
We see why in the book of Joel that the moon will have trouble shining on that day. It will appear to look as if it's covered in blood. This isn't the only reason I went to this particular verse. The reference to the bloody appearance is an important aspect in this prophecy. The Lord knew man would see the moon in this condition and comment on its apparent shade of crimson!

gray-tl.gif

gray-tr.gif

The moon was at it's full, and had the appearance of blood. Stone's History of Massachusetts "There was an appearance of midnight at noonday," and in the evening, although the moon was just past full, "perhaps it was never darker since the children of Israel left the house of bondage." In connection with this extraordinary phenomenon the moon was reported to appear red. (Letter signed "Viator" in the Independent Chronical [Boston], May 25, 1780, p.2; see also the Pennsylvania Evening Post [Philadelphia], June 6, 1780, p. 62)

gray-bl.gif

gray-br.gif

By the way, not only was the moon full this day, it was on the inner side of the planet's orbit. This means those cunning skeptics out there can't claim a lunar eclipse as the culprit for this prophetic event. Most everyone I know either owns, or knows someone that owns a computer, or has access to the Internet. I suggest you check the lunar charts for the date May 19 1780 to verify this event. You are bound to have no trouble confirming this fact. PLUS... An eclipse can never last all day and all night. Unless of course the sun stopped dead in its tracks for 24 hours. (This can, and has happened by the way... See Joshua 10:12-14)
Is this not awesome? The prophecy states that the moon will not give her light. Then Joel confirms it is an authentic prophetic event by telling us it's because it appears as blood. Then many hundreds of years later after Christ declares this prophetic event for us in Matthew 24, we see it recorded as fact in the newspapers and media of the day that the moon had in fact the appearance of blood on a dark and sunless day!

Continued in next post.....

Upvote 0

JudgeEden

Lone Wolf
May 27, 2008
Washington
✟15,549.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Documented Records reveal...
gray-tl.gif

gray-tr.gif

An eyewitness reported "This language of the prophet has always been received as metaphorical. Yesterday it was literally fulfilled,... as no man before yesterday had conceived to be possible that it should be fulfilled... Were I to hunt through nature for a simile, I could not find one so apt to illustrate the appearance of the heavens as that which St. John uses in the prophecy... They were what the world understands by the name of "Falling Stars" -Eyewitness account in the New York Journal of Commerce, vol.8, no.534, Saturday, Nov 16,1833 Edition. "The morning of November 13th, 1833," says an eyewitness, a Yale astronomer, "was rendered memorable by an exhibition of the phenomenon called shooting stars, which was probably more extensive and magnificent than any similar one hitherto recorded... Probably no celestial phenomenon has ever occurred in this country since its first settlement, which was viewed with so much admiration anddelight by one class of spectators, or with so much astonishment and fear by another class." -DENISON OLMSTED in The American Journal of Science and Arts, vol. 25 (1834), pp. 363, 364
"From the Gulf of Mexico to Halifax, until daylight with some difficulty put an end to the display, the sky was scored in every direction with shining tracks and illuminated with majestic fireballs. At Boston, the frequency of meteors was estimated to be about half that of flakes of snow in an average snowstorm... Traced backwards, their paths were invariably found to converge to a point in the constellation Leo." -AGNES M. CLEREKE, A Popular History of Astronomy (1885 ed.), pp. 369, 370.
Frederick Douglas, in reminiscing about his early days of slavery, says: "I witnessed this gorgeous spectacle, and was awe-struck. The air seemed filled with bright messengers from the sky... I was not without the suggestion at the moment that it might be the harbringer of the coming of the Son of Man; and in my then state of mind I was prepared to hail Him as my friend and deliverer. I had read that "the stars shall fall from heaven, and they were now falling." -Life and Times of Frederick Douglass (1941 ed.), p.117.

gray-bl.gif

gray-br.gif

Is that not amazing!? All three prophetic events occurred in perfect order just as Jesus said they would occur. And one thing many may not be aware of is that they also happened in the exact time in History that Christ said they would. Did you notice in Matthew 24:29 that Jesus started that passage by saying, "Immediately after the tribulation of those days..." before sharing the three prophetic events? In other words, ALL of those prophetic events were to occur after Rome was finished killing the Christians. And just as prophecy predicted. The Roman Catholic church was pulled from power by Napoleon, and the massive killings were stopped. We then start to see these signs fulfilled. Yet to this day preachers are stating that the great tribulation is still to come. Why? Because Rome has been very busy in hiding these historic facts about her past that link directly with prophecies of Antichrist. They MUST hide them if their modern day agenda is to come to light. Is it any wonder the Roman Catholic church put the Bible on the Index of forbidden books in 1229AD at the council of Valencia? They knew that if the people looked into their Bibles they would realize Antichrist was doing exactly as prophecy said he would do AT THAT TIME!. Truth is, they were in the midst of the Great Tribulation right when Rome starting burning Bibles. As I stated earlier, I have more information on these particular facts on my 7 Year Trib Fact or Fiction page.
The devil has indeed been very busy hiding these historical facts for very obvious reasons. Had I known of these prophetic events in my youth when I was reading those government altered history books, I would have been searching the Scriptures a lot sooner than the ripe old age of 27. Did you notice this statement from the article describign the falling stars? It described the spectacle by saying it, "was viewed with so much admiration and delight by one class of spectators, or with so much astonishment and fear by another class" What an awesome preamble to that great and terrible day of our Lord. Some will embrace the day and proclaim with delight... "Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us:..." [Isaiah 25:9] And still others will cry out to the mountains and rocks in fear... "Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb" [Revelation 6:16]

• Revelation 6:12 "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;"
Did you notice, Revelation 6:12 actually puts it in chronological order. It states that "there was a great earthquake" and then John writes "the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;"
A great earthquake? How great? Greater than San Franciso? Greater than Mexico City? And will it really occur before The remarkable Dark Day of May 19, 1780? Well, 25 years BEFORE "the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;" There was an earthquake of the greatest magnitude ever recorded in history of man!
gray-tl.gif

gray-tr.gif

"The Lisbon Earthquake, which occurred on November 1, 1755, is the most notable earthquake in history." -Nelson's New Loose-leaf Encyclopedia (Book Productions Industries Inc.), art. "Earthquake." Says Sir Charles Lyell, "A violent shock threw down the greater part of the city. In the course of about six minutes, 60,000 persons perished. The sea first retired and laid the bar dry; it then rolled in, rising 50 feet or more above its ordinary level... The area over which this convulsion extended is very remarkable." -Principles of Geology (11th ed., 1872), vol. 2, pp. 147, 148.
Encyclopedia Britannica (1945) estimates the deaths at a lower figure, but says the effects of the quake were felt from Scotland to Asia Minor and the distinctive feature of the Lisbon Earthquake was the agitation of inland lakes and streams far beyond the disturbed area -For instance, Italy, Switzerland, Great Britain, Sweden, and Norway felt the effects. (Articles "Lisbon" and "Earthquakes".)

[FONT=Arial,Times]NOTE.—This doubtless refers to the great earthquake of November 1, 1755, commonly known as the Lisbon earthquake, the effects of which were felt over an area of 4,000,000 square miles. Lisbon, Portugal, a city containing 150,000 inhabitants, was almost entirely destroyed. The shock of the earthquake, says Mr. Sears, in his of the World," page 200, "was instantly followed by the fall of every church and convent, almost all the large public buildings, and one-fourth of the houses. In about two hours afterward, fires broke out in different quarters, and raged with such violence for the space of nearly three days that the city was completely desolated. The earthquake happened on a holy day, when the churches and convents were full of people, very few of whom escaped. . . . The terror of the people was beyond description. Nobody wept: it was beyond tears. They ran hither and thither, delirious with horror and astonishment, beating their faces and breasts, crying, 'Misericordia! the world's at an end!'. Mothers forgot their children, and ran about loaded with crucifixed images. Unfortunately, many ran to the churches for protection; but in vain was the sacrament exposed; in vain did the poor creatures embrace the altars; images, priests, and people were buried in one common ruin. . . . Ninety thousand persons are supposed to have been lost on that fatal day." -brief bible readings for the Home [/FONT]http://www.preparingforeternity.com/br1914/brhc63.htm

gray-bl.gif

gray-br.gif

This earthquake was so intense that it still fascinates Scientists of today. Some have even gone so far as to try and say a black hole hit Lisbon! Can you imagine that? To go to such lengths as to try and disprove the Bible with such an outrageous claim as this. Anyone with an ounce of sense that has read even the slightest amount of data on the makeup of a black hole, would know that this is completely impossible. The entire planet would be destroyed if a black hole even came near our orbit, let alone hit us! When will these scientists learn you cannot disprove the infallible Word of the Creator God!
The six prophecies I just shared must occur so as to proclaim the nearness of our Lord Jesus Christ's second coming. However, the next list of prophecies have to do with the VERY LAST DAYS before Jesus returns. These prophecies will actually answer the following two questions...

• HOW CAN WE KNOW WE ARE IN THE VERY LAST DAYS OF HISTORY?
  • DOES THE BIBLE CLEARLY DESCRIBE THE STATE OF THE WORLD AND THE PEOPLE LIVING IN THE LAST GENERATION?

Upvote 0

JudgeEden

Lone Wolf
May 27, 2008
Washington
✟15,549.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • James 5:4,8 "Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord... 8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."
How many times have we been the victim, or knew someone that was treated unfair by their employer? How many of us have had paychecks held back, or even bounce and never receive compensation for a job well done? I am sure there are those of us who at one time or another in the course of life, have had to leave places of employment due to unfair conditions.I am also certain there have been many situations similar to today throughout history. But I doubt very seriously if they were running as rampant as we see nowadays.The prophecy states that in the end times the people hired will have to deal with employers trying to pay them as little as possible by keeping their pay within their own silk lined pockets.Looking to documented recorded historical facts we see this is indeed the case.
gray-tl.gif

gray-tr.gif

After the Civil War, industrialization proceeded at a rapid pace; as the number of industrial workers grew, they began to conduct strikes with increasing frequency... Among the most bitterly contested strikes of the late 19th and early 20th centuries were those conducted by steel workers in 1892; by bituminous-coal miners in 1894 and 1897 and anthracite-coal miners in 1900 and 1902; and by employees of the Pullman Car Company in 1894. Many of these strikes were marked by major outbreaks of violence; in the Pullman strike, for example, President Grover Cleveland sent U.S. Army troops to the scene to quell the rioting. -"Strike," Microsoft (R) Encarta. Copyright (c) 1994 Microsoft Corporation. Copyright (c) 1994 Funk & Wagnall's Corporation.
The use by the employer of armed guards or of police, either to harass pickets or to protect strikebreakers, often resulted in violence. The 1960s and 70s witnessed a growing number of strikes by public employees, notably teachers, municipal workers, policemen, and firemen. The Concise Columbia Encyclopedia is licensed from Columbia University Press. Copyright © 1989, 1991 by Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.

gray-bl.gif

gray-br.gif

Strikes are not people deciding to take a vacation in mass quantities for no pay. Strikes are more often than not the last resort most people want to deal with. It is usually because the hired help has tried every method at their disposal to try and improve the working conditions and negotiate a fair rate of pay for services rendered. No one wants to walk out of their job and stand in a picket line all hours of the day for no paycheck! You can't feed your families with activities such as this. In fact, most people can't afford to picket. They have to seek employment elsewhere to feed their families during strikes, and at the same time deal with claims of unfaithfulness from fellow workers on the picket lines. Is there anyone here that has not realized the numerous amount of strikes in today's society? This prophecy is easily fulfilled by picking up and reading your local newspaper on a daily basis almost!

• Luke 21:25,26 "...distress of nations, with perplexity;... 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth"
JUST WHY DO YOU THINK THE NATIONS ARE SO FEARFUL?
gray-tl.gif

gray-tr.gif

U.S. News and World Report, in it's March 16, 1992 issue, reported that THREE nuclear weapons from Azerbaijan, the Muslim state of the Soviet Union, had "disappeared"? Russian nuclear specialists had shown up in Teheran, and those three missing nuclear weapons had actually been sold by the cash-starved Soviets to IRAN!
U.S. News and World Report, Covering a meeting of NATO leaders, Reported that THREE MORE nuclear weapons had disappeared from Soviet arsenals... and they knew that they had also been sold to third world countries!
C.E.M. Joad, a Cambridge University Scholar once said..."There has never been a weapon made that hasn't been used."
According to a report in the Arabic newspaper al-Hayat, Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida terrorist network bought tactical nuclear weapons from Ukraine in 1998. The report says the terrorists still have the "suitcase nuke" weapons and are storing them in safe places for possible use. -WorldNetDaily.com Feb 8, 2004

gray-bl.gif

gray-br.gif

Do you suppose this would cause some nations to experience fear to some extent? Of course it will. These nations are now looking at possible annihilation from their previous not so tough enemies. It doesn't seem fair does it? But this is not about fairness is it? It's about prophetic FACT! The prophecy is stating that "Men's hearts will be failing them for fear," and this is EXACTLY what is occurring. Everyone knows that almost every single weapon ever built has been used at one time or another And now these supremely deadly weapons are being wielded by the itchy trigger fingers of middle eastern madmen.
No longer are the Soviets guarding their enormous stash of nuclear weaponry. No, they are open for business to the highest bidder all for the oldest reason in the book, "The almighty dollar!" Back in the early 90's the Soviets were once again starving as in 1917. The only difference now is they have a product to sell. The oil rich countries are walking up and down the Soviets Nuclear Shopping Centers waving massive amounts of cash, and the starving Soviets were taking every opportunity that comes their way to get out of debt. Even if it means selling nuclear warheads to crazed Arab Sheiks with an attitude problem. Am I saying we are in for a worldwide nuclear holocaust? No I am not! The Bible does not say that, and I will not preach lies. The Bible does say however...

• Revelation 11:18 "And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth."
"...And the nations were angry" Did you notice they are angry just before the wrath of God plays out upon the wicked. Is this not the world at large today? The Bible also says that those who would want to destroy the earth will be destroyed by God's wrath instead. Think about it, how will God be able to destroy those that destroy the earth if they were already destroyed with the earth when they bombed it? The fact is... The Almighty will intervene, it will only be a limited nuclear exchange if at all. The Word of God is TRUTH. Trust it!
One more interesting fact in His Word on this subject should be noted...

• Luke 21:28 "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."
Jesus is telling us very plainly that when we see these events taking place that we should look up because our redemption is drawing near. If we are to be totally destroyed by nuclear war, how are we going to be able to look up when our entire bodies are in the process of being vaporized? No there will be no nuclear annihilation. In fact...

• 1 Thessalonians 5:2,3 says, "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape"
When the nations of the world have the ability to destroy each other entirely, the Bible says they will be working on a worldwide plan of peace. Hmmmm, kind of sounds like the birth pangs of today's present day U.N. plans now doesn't it? Kinda sounds like the ecumenical message Rome has been spouting regarding world peace.
The Word of God is sure and trustworthy. Mankind will actually be working on a worldwide plan for peace, and then Jesus will return to take His Bride, the TRUE remnant church. And by the way. Before moving unto the next prophecy, I would like to make it known that this fear is not limited to governments alone. The people of this world are right now proving this prophecy fulfilled.
Take everyday life in this nation alone. Have you ever feared death from a stray bullet in a drive by shooting? Many people do on a daily basis in the cities of this nation. There is even some degree of fear for those of us with a mere headache because of the Tylenol poisonings of a few years back. Our own children must deal with fear in many degrees by just going to school. Will they be pressured by a bigger kid into taking drugs? Will one of their teachers molest them? No longer is the classroom bully a mere childhood fact of growing up for some. Now the class bully is a gun carrying lunatic with no regard for human life. Plus with the recent exposure of the largest well known organized group of homosexual child molesters, children the world over have to fear being raped by Roman Catholic priests now. Not to mention their parents always having the ever present thought that, is that priest endangering my child? There is even fear in traveling to the corner market in our family cars. Will we die in a head-on collision by a drunk who crosses into our lane doing 90, or will we become part of a hostage situation once we get to the corner market because some crazed manic depressive doesn't have the money to buy his children Christmas presents? This prophecy is easy to be seen as fulfilled. IT IS PLAINLY PROPHESIED... "that in the last days perilous times shall come." 2Timothy 3:1 And so they have!

Upvote 0

JudgeEden

Lone Wolf
May 27, 2008
Washington
✟15,549.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Daniel 12:4 "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."
Is there anyone of us that have not spent time with a Grandparent or older person talking about what life was like 50, 60, or 70 years ago? How many of us haven't heard the comical stories of traveling to school in waste deep snow in sub-zero weather for miles every day? I myself being born in the 50's have seen so many awesome technological breakthroughs that I actually have lost some of the thrill when I hear about the leaps and bounds of today's technology.
Have you ever read some of the "Science" or "Mechanic" magazines? Some pretty remarkable inventions are coming to our market every month! Not only has this "Increase in knowledge" affected our technology. We have now come to a full understanding of the prophecies that were "...Sealed ... even to the time of the end..." in the book of Daniel. Revelation chapter 10 confirms that perfectly.
With that in mind, I ask, what about those Christians of old that never saw these day by day marvels. Would they look upon these leaps of science with the same mediocrity as we do? I think not. I think they knew exactly what was beginning to happen back when the end times began, and the knowledge started to show absolute signs of increase. As a matter of historic fact, they really did notice what was going on...
gray-tl.gif

gray-tr.gif

"A wheel turned no faster in Hannibal's time than it did in George Washington's. It took just as long to cultivate a wheat field in Egypt in 5000 B.C. as it did anywhere at the turn of the nineteenth century... The speed of technological change was almost as slow as that of life itself. Then suddenly, with the utilization of steam and electricity more changes were made in technology in two generations than in all the thousands of years of previous human history put together. Wheels and machines turned so fast that man could cover more distances in one day than he used to be able to do in a lifetime." -NORMAN COUSINS, Modern Man is Obsolete (1945 ed.), pp. 15,16. Viking Press, Inc., New York. "The technological conditions of human life had changed faster between 1800 and 1919 than in the preceding 2,000 years -one might perhaps say 3,000 years." -LUCIEN PRICE, Between Two Wars," chap.2 in Religion in the Post-War World, vol.2, p.22. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1945.
The 20th Century a characteristically unique time in history--the headlong, accelerating growth of scientific knowledge. The curve of knowledge is exponential, growing steeper like the curve of squares (1--4--9--16--36--49...). It has changed men's lives more in the past 20 years than in the previous 50; more in that 50 years than in the previous 2000. Man cannot, dare not stop its growth, though he does not know where it is taking him. -Time magazine "Steep Curve to Level Four" Jan 2 1950

gray-bl.gif

gray-br.gif

Check out this fairly small, and by no means complete list of inventions that are a direct result of the knowledge being increased in our day.
1803 Fulton's first steamboat
1811 Power printing press
1825 Steam Railway
1831 Mower and reaper
1836 Electric telegraph
1839 Vulcanized rubber
1839 Photography
1846 Anesthesia
1846 Sewing Machine
1856 Bessemer steel
1861 Machine gun
1862 Ironclad war vessel
1864 Typewriter
1864 Pasteur's germ theory
1869 Air brake
1876 Telephone
1877 Phonograph
1879 Electric railway
1879 Incandescent electric light
1883 Gasoline engine
1884 Steam turbine
1885 Linotype
1892 Automobile
1893 Motion pictures
1895 X-ray
1895 Wireless telegraphy
1898 Radium
1902 Wireless Telephony
1903 First piloted airplane
1920 First broadcasting
1922 Insulin
1936 Television broadcasting
1937 Jet turbine
1938 Penicillin
1938 Shipboard radar
1945 Atomic bomb
1946 Electronic Digital Computer

1947 Holographic Technology
1948 Transistors
1949 Ramjet Airplane
1950 Color Television
1952 Bubble Chamber (Nuclear Particle Detector)
1954 Solar Battery
1954 Polio Vaccine
1955 Synthetic Diamonds
1956 Hovercraft
1956 Rotary Engine (Prototype)
1956 Video Tape
1957 Sodium-cooled Atomic Reactor
1958 Communication Satellites
1959 Integrated Circuit
1960 Laser Technology
1960 Birth Control Pill
1962 LED (Light Emitting Diode)
1964 LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
1966 Artificial Heart (Left Ventricle)
1970 First Complete Synthesis of a Gene
1971 Microprocessor
1971 MRI (Nuclear Magnetic
Resonance Imaging)
1972 Pocket Electronic Calculator
1973 Skylab (Orbiting Space Laboratory)
1974 Recombinant DNA (Genetic Engineering)
1975 CAT Scanner
1975 Fiberoptics
1976 Super Computers
1978 Synthesis of Human Insulin Gene
1978 Mammal to Mammal Gene Transplant
1978 Jarvik-7 (Artificial Heart)
1979 Compact Disc
1979 DNA Repair (In Mice)
1981 Space Transportation (Shuttle)
1983 Scanning Tunneling Microscope
1986 High Temp Superconductors

Need I Mention...?
Man landing on the moon... The Helicopter...The Russian space station Mir... Sonar technology
Ultra sound technology... Infrared technology... Herrier Aircraft... Open heart surgery
Organ transplants...Virtual reality... Robotic Automation... The World Wide Web... Holographic technology

The list is truly endless of the amount of inventions that have occurred due to this prophecy coming to light in our day. There have been more documented breakthroughs in science since the year 1803 then there has been in all the previous 5,800 years of recorded history. And as I said before. It's not just technological breakthroughs either. There are now more people walking this earth that have a much greater knowledge of not only the Scriptures themselves, the prophecies of the Word, as well as the symbols in the prophetic Word are understood by far more now than ever before in the History of mankind. For it is plainly penned in Daniel 12:4 that at "the time of the end: ... knowledge shall be increased"

One other important note many miss is this. Daniel also says this...

• Daniel 7:23 "Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be thefourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces."
Daniel states in 7:23 that the fourth kingdom will be "diverse" from all the others? Another word for diverse is "incomparable" or "different". Yes, the "woman sitting on the beast" is a completely different type of kingdom. But looking around one can also see that yes, it is indeed a different world ours is. With all the inventions of modern man, this world of ours is totally and inconceivably unlike any other kingdom in the entire history of mankind! It has been said that 80% of the worlds total knowledge has been brought forth in the last decade alone, and 90% of all Scientists that ever lived are alive TODAY! The Almighty is no dime store psychic folks, when He says something is about to happen... IT WILL!

-DONE

And that's it for now. I hope that wasn't TOO much for everyone to read. There are a lot more prophecies, but you should know the rest are indeed happening. If you want to see the whole list go to: People Get Ready! Documented FACTS proving Jesus is coming SOON!

Edit: Oh and uhh, I voted ALL of Matthew 24 fulfilled.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.