How much misery will Hurricane Ian bring to Florida?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
For those of you who didn't know, a hurricane hit Puerto Rica recently. If you haven't heard about it that's because no one is reporting on it. Certainly not the way they reported on Hurricane Maria while Trump was president.

Hurricane Ian is approaching the Florida coast right now and, as we know, Ron DeSantis is governor of Florida.

How do you think the media coverage will be?

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For those of you who didn't know, a hurricane hit Puerto Rica recently. If you haven't heard about it that's because no one is reporting on it. Certainly not the way they reported on Hurricane Maria while Trump was president.

Hurricane Ian is approaching the Florida coast right now and, as we know, Ron DeSantis is governor of Florida.

It will be pro Biden and anti DeSantis. We can always count on the liberal media to be liberal.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

....then I suggest you have not been following the news over the last 72 hours. Wide spread power outages in Puerto Rico have been widely reported. Of course we have yet to see a modified map thanks to a presidential sharpie.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I thought the only thread about the incoming hurricane was going to be about the difficult situation people in FL gulf coast are dreading.

But no, its about "the liberal media".

I do appreciate how these discussions reveal our priorities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

A massive hurricane is barreling towards a U.S. state and your concern is on how the media is going to cover the story?

Makes me wonder how you feel about the people living in blue states.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,199.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems as if variations in the hurricane's path moved it further from Tampa and vicinity, which was a blessing for our family members there. It also seems as if it will be north of my sister on the east coast.

We will have to assess what the damages are tomorrow but I hope that there will be sufficient help from FEMA and Florida state.

Personally, if I were in a real jam DeSantis is the last person I'd want to have to depend on, based on what I've seen of his behavior in the past few years, so I'm glad our extended families were not most heavily hit.

Upvote 0