Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
On another thread I was asked just how much grace I thought I had. My reply is below. Would you please give me your opinion of my statement if you have time. If you disagree, would you tell me how much grace you have. Thanks!!

This is how much grace I have--

I have nothing but grace through faith in Christ Jesus.

I have no righteous act that is going to save me--no not one.

I rely solely on Jesus' righteousness to save me--oh and what joy that brings--joy unspeakable.

Anyone who wants to know this great joy of trusting in Jesus' righteousness rather than their own should read the book of Galatians over and over until it sinks into their souls just how much grace we all have in Our Lord Jesus. Then move on to Romans and read it over and over again.

LK 13:22 Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23 Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"
He said to them, 24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door , because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, `Sir, open the door for us.'
"But he will answer, `I don't know you or where you come from.'

Grace through faith in Jesus is that narrow door! Don’t try to take any of your own righteousness through that door—it won’t fit!

LK 18:9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: `God, I thank you that I am not like other men--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

LK 18:13 "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, `God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

LK 18:14 "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Please accept Jesus' righteousness--please enter through the narrow door.

Love you in the Lord

Terri

I have to laugh. I thought when you said "how much grace do you have", you meant something else. My first response is
"I have as much grace as a dancing elephant", but now I don't think that is what you meant. I crack myself up!!! LOL!!!

Anyway, I really don't know that I can answer that question. I always think about receiving grace, and believe that as I receive, I give. But to be more specific then that, I can't.

Blessings,
Cynthia

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.