How many steps does it take?

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People of every faith say that their holy book is proof for their faith.

Have you ever read Isaiah 53? It's about what we're celebrating today. It was written in 740 BC. Long before Jesus incarnated. Guess what? It happened as written around 30 AD.
That's just one peice of proof out of many for my faith.
Yet as an atheist...you must deny it.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟352,966.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever read Isaiah 53? It's about what we're celebrating today. It was written in 740 BC. Long before Jesus incarnated. Guess what? It happened as written around 30 AD.
That's just one peice of proof out of many for my faith.
Yet as an atheist...you must deny it.

Yeah, we get it. Now, are you going to give evidence for your claim from post #221 where you claim that scientists are trying to unlock and restore 'damaged' genes to increase lifespans? I have asked you three times now, and you have not once responded with evidence.
If you don't have any, it's perfectly acceptable for you to say you don't.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, we get it. Now, are you going to give evidence for your claim from post #221 where you claim that scientists are trying to unlock and restore 'damaged' genes to increase lifespans? I have asked you three times now, and you have not once responded with evidence.
If you don't have any, it's perfectly acceptable for you to say you don't.

In a recent study conducted by researchers at University of Cambridge, Drosophila melanogaster Genetic Reference Panel was used to detect the locations within the genome that greatly influence for longevity. The objective was to measure the influence of genetic variants, alleles on lifespans in a highly controlled environment. So far, several genes susceptible to disease have been detected less so than longevity genes. Studies performed on model organisms such as flies, yeast and mice could shed light onto the natural variants that predispose longevity in humans. Furthermore they allow for controlled environments eliminating factors that might cloud results. read the entire article here.

Could humans live to 500 years old? Scientists believe genetic tweaks could significantly extend our lifespan read the entire article here.

Would you like me to post more articles...or would you like to search them out on your own?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟352,966.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
In a recent study conducted by researchers at University of Cambridge, Drosophila melanogaster Genetic Reference Panel was used to detect the locations within the genome that greatly influence for longevity. The objective was to measure the influence of genetic variants, alleles on lifespans in a highly controlled environment. So far, several genes susceptible to disease have been detected less so than longevity genes. Studies performed on model organisms such as flies, yeast and mice could shed light onto the natural variants that predispose longevity in humans. Furthermore they allow for controlled environments eliminating factors that might cloud results. read the entire article here.

Could humans live to 500 years old? Scientists believe genetic tweaks could significantly extend our lifespan read the entire article here.

Would you like me to post more articles...or would you like to search them out on your own?

And I see nothing in there about 'damaged' genes or humans previously having longer lifespans.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟352,966.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Of course you didn't. You're not alllowed to.

Now what is that supposed to mean? That you as a Christian can somehow see something that no-one else, not even the scientists who are doing the studying and the people who wrote the article, can see?
Pull the other one.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now what is that supposed to mean? That you as a Christian can somehow see something that no-one else, not even the scientists who are doing the studying and the people who wrote the article, can see?
Pull the other one.

Isaih 53 was written long before the actual event happened...we call it prophecy.

If the bible was so accurate there...why should I distrust other portions?
Even the book of Daniel was so accurate..people like you need to claim it was written after the fact.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟352,966.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Isaih 53 was written long before the actual event happened...we call it prophecy.

If the bible was so accurate there...why should I distrust other portions?
Even the book of Daniel was so accurate..people like you need to claim it was written after the fact.

I'm not talking about the Bible. I'm talking about the articles you posted. Try and stay on topic, for once.
So, I'll repeat myself and this time, TRY and answer the questions asked of you: Now what is that supposed to mean? That you as a Christian can somehow see something that no-one else, not even the scientists who are doing the studying and the people who wrote the article, can see?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not talking about the Bible. I'm talking about the articles you posted. Try and stay on topic, for once.
So, I'll repeat myself and this time, TRY and answer the questions asked of you: Now what is that supposed to mean? That you as a Christian can somehow see something that no-one else, not even the scientists who are doing the studying and the people who wrote the article, can see?

I've given you two articles that clearly show a longer life is possible. If I felt like searching the net...I'm sure I could find a dozen more.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟352,966.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I've given you two articles that clearly show a longer life is possible. If I felt like searching the net...I'm sure I could find a dozen more.

You are refusing to answer my questions, AGAIN.
Now try and focus: in post #301, you said "Of course you didn't. You're not alllowed to." to me saying that I see nothing for your claim about scientists looking for damaged genes or previously longer lifespans.
In #302, I then said "Now what is that supposed to mean? That you as a Christian can somehow see something that no-one else, not even the scientists who are doing the studying and the people who wrote the article, can see?
Pull the other one."

Now TRY and answer the questions I ask you. I don't want anything about the Bible, or your religious beliefs or your views on my religious beliefs. I want you to ACTUALLY ANSWER THE QUESTIONS I ASKED YOU. Which I will repeat below for your benefit:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟352,966.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Might I remind you, you're posting on a Christian forum?
Here's more.

I don't think I can be any clearer to you.

And need I remind you that we are in the SCIENCE forum, where SCIENCE is to be discussed. If you want to talk about the Bible, there are subforums specifically set up for that purpose, but this is not one of them. And are you trying to get me riled up on purpose by expressly ignoring the very simple questions I asked you?
Now I'll ask them again:
Now try and focus and answer the questions: Now what is that supposed to mean? That you as a Christian can somehow see something that no-one else, not even the scientists who are doing the studying and the people who wrote the article, can see?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And need I remind you that we are in the SCIENCE forum, where SCIENCE is to be discussed. If you want to talk about the Bible, there are subforums specifically set up for that purpose, but this is not one of them. And are you trying to get me riled up on purpose by expressly ignoring the very simple questions I asked you?
Now I'll ask them again:
Now try and focus and answer the questions: Now what is that supposed to mean? That you as a Christian can somehow see something that no-one else, not even the scientists who are doing the studying and the people who wrote the article, can see?
As a Christian I can see the truth presented in the bible. Truth that you and non-christian scientist can't see.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟352,966.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
As a Christian I can see the truth presented in the bible. Truth that you and non-christian scientist can't see.

So you have no reason except for your own bias. Right. Now why did you waste so much of our time by refusing to say that in the first place?!

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you have no reason except for your own bias. Right. Now why did you waste so much of our time by refusing to say that in the first place?!

Will you ever show how mutations add up and increase the information contained in DNA?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟352,966.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
What you presented was a picture..and then suggested the nostril moved.

This doesn't explain how mutations add up.

Not my fault you don't understand anything about science. If you want to learn, go look it up online. It's not that hard.

Upvote 0