• I have no ability to reason.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no knowledge of the Bible.

• I have no credibility.

• I have no idea.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • I have irrefutable evidence. (specify)

• Total voters

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps---however, it certainly does add up---besides, in the original Hebrew, the word for day is different in the Gen 1 and in the Gen 2 accounts.

5 and~he~will~CALL.OUT(V) (וַיִּקְרָא / wai'yiq'ra) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) to~LIGHT (לָאוֹר / la'or) DAY (יוֹם / yom) and~to~DARKNESS (וְלַחֹשֶׁךְ / wê'la'hho'shekh) he~did~CALL.OUT(V) (קָרָא / qa'ra) NIGHT (לָיְלָה / lai'lah) and~he~will~EXIST(V) (וַיְהִי / wai'hi) EVENING (עֶרֶב / e'rev) and~he~will~EXIST(V) (וַיְהִי / wai'hi) MORNING (בֹקֶר / vo'qer) DAY (יוֹם / yom) UNIT (אֶחָד / e'hhad)
RMT: and Elohiym called out to the light, day, and to the darkness he called out, night, and evening existed and morning existed, a day unit,
17 and~from~TREE (וּמֵעֵץ / u'mey'eyts) the~DISCERNMENT (הַדַּעַת / ha'da'at) FUNCTIONAL (טוֹב / tov) and~DYSFUNCTIONAL (וָרָע / wa'ra) NOT (לֹא / lo) you(ms)~will~EAT(V) (תֹאכַל / to'khal) FROM~him (מִמֶּנּוּ / mi'me'nu) GIVEN.THAT (כִּי / ki) in~DAY (בְּיוֹם / bê'yom) you(ms)~>~EAT(V) (אֲכָלְךָ / a'khal'kha) FROM~him (מִמֶּנּוּ / mi'me'nu) >~DIE(V) (מוֹת / mot) you(ms)~will~DIE(V) (תָּמוּת / ta'mut)

Yom, when used with a number---day one and so forth---is always a dark and light period of 24 hours.

Beyom is translated to eon, or unspecified period of time/ age.

A day for
God is a thousand years for man....shows how time means nothing for God.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
A day for
God is a thousand years for man....shows how time means nothing for God.

Oh, and it fits in with some other things---it's 6 days of labor and a day of rest---it is 6 years that the land would be tilled, and 1 year that the land would rest, it is 6,000 years, and then the whole planet has a 1000 year rest when the saved will be with God in heaven, before the earth is created again.

Upvote 0

Stephen P

Jun 5, 2020
SYDNEY
✟18,396.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps---however, it certainly does add up---besides, in the original Hebrew, the word for day is different in the Gen 1 and in the Gen 2 accounts.

5 and~he~will~CALL.OUT(V) (וַיִּקְרָא / wai'yiq'ra) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) to~LIGHT (לָאוֹר / la'or) DAY (יוֹם / yom) and~to~DARKNESS (וְלַחֹשֶׁךְ / wê'la'hho'shekh) he~did~CALL.OUT(V) (קָרָא / qa'ra) NIGHT (לָיְלָה / lai'lah) and~he~will~EXIST(V) (וַיְהִי / wai'hi) EVENING (עֶרֶב / e'rev) and~he~will~EXIST(V) (וַיְהִי / wai'hi) MORNING (בֹקֶר / vo'qer) DAY (יוֹם / yom) UNIT (אֶחָד / e'hhad)
RMT: and Elohiym called out to the light, day, and to the darkness he called out, night, and evening existed and morning existed, a day unit,
17 and~from~TREE (וּמֵעֵץ / u'mey'eyts) the~DISCERNMENT (הַדַּעַת / ha'da'at) FUNCTIONAL (טוֹב / tov) and~DYSFUNCTIONAL (וָרָע / wa'ra) NOT (לֹא / lo) you(ms)~will~EAT(V) (תֹאכַל / to'khal) FROM~him (מִמֶּנּוּ / mi'me'nu) GIVEN.THAT (כִּי / ki) in~DAY (בְּיוֹם / bê'yom) you(ms)~>~EAT(V) (אֲכָלְךָ / a'khal'kha) FROM~him (מִמֶּנּוּ / mi'me'nu) >~DIE(V) (מוֹת / mot) you(ms)~will~DIE(V) (תָּמוּת / ta'mut)

Yom, when used with a number---day one and so forth---is always a dark and light period of 24 hours.

Beyom is translated to eon, or unspecified period of time/ age.

Hi!
Shroeder made a comment on this.
-- This is my interpretation of Shroeder's example.
Is the first day unit day one? - no.
Because it is explained like this:
World war 1 was NOT World war 1, it was the Great War that would never happen again.
It was retrospectively renamed WW1 only AFTER WW2 happened.
Similarly in Genesis, the first time day is mentioned, there is no 1, there is only the creation of an instance of a UNIT of time that will be called a day.
After this, Day 2 is called day 2, because now a day has been substantiated.
Hope this makes sense?
Cheers Steve

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stephen P

Jun 5, 2020
SYDNEY
✟18,396.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Again you are misrepresenting things.
God didn't plan for Adam to fall; he saw him fall, he knew he would fall, that if he gave him free will that there was no way to stop him from falling.
Free will = falling
No free will = robotic minions.
God wanted people to choose of their own free will.

Sin = death. Death is why they were expelled.

I've never credited creation to anyone but God, not sure where you got that idea from.

Honestly, I don't read most of your posts. I am sorry but you go on confusing rabbit holes that I do not see any sense in.
coffee4u, I'm CALLING YOU OUT:
So why troll/comment that you don't like what people read?
You've done this to mine as well.
Saying "It doesn't make sense" but not providing any truth of your own.
Saying "I Don't understand it" but making a negative comment on it anyway.
Huh? if you don't understand, how can you say anything??
You are not being a team person here which is sad :(

Please be aware of Proverbs 15 :NIV. "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly."
People are placing stuff here because they want other people to come up with their point of view, and give suggestions, not to have someone tell them they are dumb. :(
Most sad is you quote For God so loved the world, but you do not show love :( :( :(

Upvote 0

Stephen P

Jun 5, 2020
SYDNEY
✟18,396.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I've placed a side Thread so that any discussions on it do not take up space discussing the main topic here.
Time wise to this topic, I thought that if we could find the Location of the Tree on our Earth - Biblically-wise it still must be here - and if we find out some date structure, then we could ascertain a time scale for the other parts of Genesis.

Where is Eden?

"The underground fire is estimated to be at a depth of around 30 m (100 ft). It is estimated that the fire has burned for approximately 6,000 years and is the oldest known coal fire."
"

Upvote 0

Stephen P

Jun 5, 2020
SYDNEY
✟18,396.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I believe Adam would have physically died that day...but instead God took the life of an animal instead and made garments. Kinda like Christ dying in our place.
Yes, like the sacrificial animals in the Temple.
I was taught that the garments were a gift ie yes you are punished, but I still Love you sort of thing.
To show us that God wasn't rejecting us, maybe like a parent; we kids messed the loungeroom up, so we cannot play there any more, but the Parent is the person that cleans the loungeroom. - not the best analogy but hope you see what I mean?

The Bible doesn't teach that.
No Worries I'll elucidate :)
We were made in Gods Image?
But God is not Physical.
Therefore we were made Spiritual like God, but using the ground that God formed us from.
We have a physical body, but a Godly Human Spirit.
Note also: Gen1:20 we have "swarmers of living souls" ne'phesh
"Animal soul. In kabbalah, the animal soul (נפש הבהמית; nefesh habehamit) is one of the two souls of a Jew. It is the soul that gives life to the physical body, as stated in Tanya, and is the source of animalistic desires as well as innate Jewish characteristics such as kindness and compassion."
Part of the Problem with English.
"While the two words are often used interchangeably, the primary distinction between soul and spirit in man is that the soul is the animate life, or the seat of the senses, desires, affections, and appetites. The spirit is that part of us that connects, or refuses to connect, to God."
and I'll have to think more on this, but suggestions welcome..
cheers

Upvote 0

Stephen P

Jun 5, 2020
SYDNEY
✟18,396.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
What that means if there was no fall...and if some of A&E progeny left the garden...far away from the tree...they would die. I'm not really buying that.
Correct we were meant to fill the Earth.
So yeah, do we eat from the ToL then go for a run across Australia, fix some trees/koalas in the Blue mountains and then run back to Eden in enough time to have another bite in the next morning?
I can only bring up Elijah as an example of what may have been.
So any alternatives?
Like the Tree of "function and dysfunction"
One bite = Permanant Powers?

Was Eden the whole Earth, and the Garden only part of it as discussions have raised?
Physically, there's at least three versions of a single supercontinent, based on Australia, Africa, South America and Antarctica sharing belts of fossils that only a certain placement of the continents could have achieved. Continental Drift Theory
We may have been able to Elijah our way around perhaps?

The rest of the Bible and Jesus is based on physical death and the Spirit going to one of two places.
If the body was permanent, and ADAM never sinned then, there would be lots of us permanent body, permanent spirit, and God has what He wanted and no need for a Bible.
Just trying to setout the different possibilities/things to consider here .........

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep---also fits in nicely with Gen. and how long men lived, doesn't it?

God being outside of time has nothing to do with how long people lived in Genesis. God created time for us, he is still outside of time. Men and women lived a long time before the flood due to the water vapour canopy surrounding the wold.
After most of the canopy came down life become shorter. Genesis 11

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would like to understand how anyone with reason, knowledge of the Bible, and credibility, can put a number on this.

If we believe the Bible, Adam was created, lived in the Garden, and was endowed with eternal life; so long as he was obedient to YHWH. I have found absolutely no Biblical reference for how much time elapsed, from the time that YHWH created Adam, until Adam disobeyed YHWH.

Until I see a number in scripture, any number greater than zero, up to infinity, is a possibility.
Infinity is not a number.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
coffee4u, I'm CALLING YOU OUT:
So why troll/comment that you don't like what people read?
You've done this to mine as well.
Saying "It doesn't make sense" but not providing any truth of your own.
Saying "I Don't understand it" but making a negative comment on it anyway.
Huh? if you don't understand, how can you say anything??
You are not being a team person here which is sad :(

Please be aware of Proverbs 15 :NIV. "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly."
People are placing stuff here because they want other people to come up with their point of view, and give suggestions, not to have someone tell them they are dumb. :(
Most sad is you quote For God so loved the world, but you do not show love :( :( :(

I don't mean offence, just being honest. I can't answer because I do not understand much of your posts. I am not trying to be harsh. You may be reading that into it, but that isn't my intension.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, and it fits in with some other things---it's 6 days of labor and a day of rest---it is 6 years that the land would be tilled, and 1 year that the land would rest, it is 6,000 years, and then the whole planet has a 1000 year rest when the saved will be with God in heaven, before the earth is created again.
Barnabas sorta said that in his extra biblical gospel.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've placed a side Thread so that any discussions on it do not take up space discussing the main topic here.
Time wise to this topic, I thought that if we could find the Location of the Tree on our Earth - Biblically-wise it still must be here - and if we find out some date structure, then we could ascertain a time scale for the other parts of Genesis.

Where is Eden?

"The underground fire is estimated to be at a depth of around 30 m (100 ft). It is estimated that the fire has burned for approximately 6,000 years and is the oldest known coal fire."
"
Eden would have ween completely destroyed in the flood of Noah. Its location can not be known.

• Agree
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
God being outside of time has nothing to do with how long people lived in Genesis. God created time for us, he is still outside of time. Men and women lived a long time before the flood due to the water vapour canopy surrounding the wold.
After most of the canopy came down life become shorter. Genesis 11

Yes, I knw---however, no one can say that God did nit use His realm t6o extant the life of Adam and Eve. Not one of their children ever lived to be 1000. Yah---I know it's stretching it a b it---however, it is still within the realm of possibility--just like all the other theories about where the Garden is.
Their life was shortened after they began to eat meat, they had to, everything else was destroyed. It was not good for man to continue to live as long as they had been---they would live again to do nothing but evil anyway. The thought of a serial killer living to be over 900 years is chilling!

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,094,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't read much of extra biblical stuff---like Enoch, have read enough of them to understand why they aren't canon!

1 Enoch was one of the most plentiful books found a Qumran. It is canon according to the Ethiopian Orthodox.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't read much of extra biblical stuff---like Enoch, have read enough of them to understand why they aren't canon!
I look at it like this....it may or may not be true, but it's what they were thinking. They knew the concept.

I misspoke in calling it the gospel of Barnabas. What I was referring to was the epistle of Barnabas. Here's what it says:
Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years.
Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
1 Enoch was one of the most plentiful books found a Qumran. It is canon according to the Ethiopian Orthodox.

Only to them--not even to the Jew. It is full of foolish fabrications, it is not of God. Quantity does not equal truth.

Upvote 0