• I have no ability to reason.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no knowledge of the Bible.

• I have no credibility.

• I have no idea.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • I have irrefutable evidence. (specify)

• Total voters

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I look at it like this....it may or may not be true, but it's what they were thinking. They knew the concept.

I misspoke in calling it the gospel of Barnabas. What I was referring to was the epistle of Barnabas. Here's what it says:
Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years.
Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

That doesn't mean every word is truth. One has to be careful with what we choose to believe.

Isa_8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them

It must not contradict already spoken truth. This one passage may not be false, and we do not know when the end of the 6000 years is. But it seems to be approaching fast.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Only to them--not even to the Jew.

There is strong evidence that Qumran was the library of the legitimate priesthood. I don't believe that it is wise to let the Pharisees decide my canon.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That doesn't mean every word is truth. One has to be careful with what we choose to believe.

Isa_8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them

It must not contradict already spoken truth. This one passage may not be false, and we do not know when the end of the 6000 years is. But it seems to be approaching fast.
I was simply showing where the idea may have come from.

To be honest I think were slightly past the 6000 years. That would show the verse might not be saying what some say it is saying.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There is strong evidence that Qumran was the library of the legitimate priesthood. I don't believe that it is wise to let the Pharisees decide my canon.

If it was good enough for Jesus, it should be just fine. It is not the scriptures that were a problem with Jesus, but the Pharisee interpretation of them. Had they followed the scriptures as written, they would have known when He was to come. It was the scriptures that He used on the road to Emmaus that the disciples finally realized what they had been reading.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I was simply showing where the idea may have come from.

To be honest I think were slightly past the 6000 years. That would show the verse might not be saying what some say it is saying.

Well, we don't really know the time they started so don't know the time they will end! Probably from the fall, not from the end of creation.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If it was good enough for Jesus, it should be just fine. It is not the scriptures that were a problem with Jesus, but the Pharisee interpretation of them. Had they followed the scriptures as written, they would have known when He was to come. It was the scriptures that He used on the road to Emmaus that the disciples finally realized what they had been reading.

The Rabbinic Judaism didn't have a canon until long after the fall of the temple.

John the Baptist was a rightful heir to the rightful priesthood that was practicing in Qumran. John was Baptizing very nearby.

800px-Sapsaphas_Madaba.jpg

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You cannot have a linear sequence from 1 to infinity.
Because infinity is a concept and not a numerical value.

I'm sorry, I've only studied math up through calculus, well, and boolean algebra.

...and well, I'm a little rusty.

Can you explain this notation to me?

(2, 4, 6, 8, ...)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
A set of finite numbers!

Notice 'finite'.

This notation expresses what is known as an infinite sequence. Can you explain to me why it is called an infinite sequence?

Notice "infinite'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The Rabbinic Judaism didn't have a canon until long after the fall of the temple.

John the Baptist was a rightful heir to the rightful priesthood that was practicing in Qumran. John was Baptizing very nearby.

View attachment 279855

There are Targums that date from just after the Babylonian exile.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I don't see how that's relevant; but I also see no evidence to support your assertion.

Do you know what targums are? Whatever---just look it up. They are not relevant to you. And the book of Enoch is something I have absolutely no desire to ever read again. Giants 4,500 feet tall---seriously? Even if that is a typo, they say it was 450 feet---yah, right, the statue of liberty is 150 feet tall! Not wasting my time on that ever again.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would like to understand how anyone with reason, knowledge of the Bible, and credibility, can put a number on this.

If we believe the Bible, Adam was created, lived in the Garden, and was endowed with eternal life; so long as he was obedient to YHWH. I have found absolutely no Biblical reference for how much time elapsed, from the time that YHWH created Adam, until Adam disobeyed YHWH.

Until I see a number in scripture, any number greater than zero, up to infinity, is a possibility.

I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam was in the garden until the day he got kicked out!!!!!!!!1 :clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0