Machjo

Veteran
Oct 29, 2004
✟2,681.00
Faith
Other Religion
Lvythn said:
No, no, you were just "left behind" with us heathens. Repent, ye. :D

Oh, is that why we're still here after Armageddon?

But what about those who were born after Armageddon? Heck I wasn't even born yet at the time of the battle for Mt. Megiddo! I guess I really missed out on that one.

Upvote 0

Machjo

Veteran
Oct 29, 2004
✟2,681.00
Faith
Other Religion
Sorry, I'm wrong. There had been a few battles of Megiddo (15th century BC between Egypt and Canaanites, and 609 BC between Egypt and the Kingdom of Judah). But the one posted above was the first one since the Book of revelation was revealed. All the others preceded that time. And since the Book of Revelation refers to a FUTURE battle, all previous battles would disqualify, thus still leaving us with only the one in 1919 betwen two large international co-alitions during WWI, also the first truly global war in recorded history).

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
Uphill Battle said:
hnnn... wrongly so.

armageddon
occurs only in Rev. 16:16 (R.V., "Har-Magedon"), as symbolically designating the
place where the "battle of that great day of God Almighty" (ver. 14) shall be
fought. The word properly means the "mount of Megiddo." It is the scene of the
final conflict between Christ and Antichrist.

Calling anything else Armageddon, would be wrong.
Well, no, not really.

The orignial idea of the Armageddon is found in Zoroasterism:

"To the pagans in the ancient Near East, multiple gods seemed to be hard at work keeping chaos at bay. Checks and balances were thought to be provided by competing deities, as was the equilibrium of forces required to maintain the harmony of the universe. In contrast to the heavenly teamwork approach, the adherents of a solitary god thought he required the aid of the earth's people to achieve his goals. This meant, among other things, that people had to fight God's wars. Unfortunately for the world, the dreary concept of holy war, and the frightful battle to be fought at the end of time, known as Armageddon, were the mythic fallout of Persia's monotheistic deity. This problem was exacerbated when Zoroaster's end of the world concepts were enlarged upon in the Bible and eventually reached a far larger audience."

Then the Israelites "borrowed" the idea as it was useful as a coping mechanism given their dire straights of subjugation.

http://www.alsopreview.com/thewriters/eddy/pechap2.html

Upvote 0