Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A local phenomena around here are the tamale and tortilla vendors who go door to door to the shops or hang outside in bank or grocery store parking lots selling tamales and tortillas. Some people complain about the lack of regulation but I appreciate the gumption to start up one's own enterprise and I also appreciate a nice, plump, tasty tamale like the one I just enjoyed. Sabrosa!

So, how's the Mexican food in Australia, or anywhere else you happen to be?

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've never tasted Mexican food here in the UK .

My appetite is Anglican , with a bit of Chinese now and again .

I had steak and kidney pie and a pint of Guiness on King's Row once. Delicious.

I remember the Indian food in London being very good as well.

Reactions: Colin
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Tex Mex variety around here in North Tejas is very good. However, Tex Mex is not authentic Mexican food, although authentic Mexican food is often available. More than likely most of the cuisine that non-Mexican people attribute to being Mexican food is not authentic Mexican either. But often many people do not know the difference.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Tex Mex variety around here in North Tejas is very good. However, Tex Mex is not authentic Mexican food, although authentic Mexican food is often available. More than likely most of the cuisine that non-Mexican people attribute to being Mexican food is not authentic Mexican either. But often many people do not know the difference.

We have 'Sonoran' style Mexican food here which isn't really authentic Mexican but what we call 'borderland' Mexican. You can find just about any style of Mexican here, though. There's a huge variety as well as local chefs adding their own innovations.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
how's the Mexican food in Australia,
I hardly ever eat it. There are Mexican restaurants and I'm glad you reminded me. I'm way overdue to go to one. Guess I love tacos with a few cold ones. (beers)

My appetite is Anglican , with a bit of Chinese now and again .
:)
Mine is Aussie catholic with a bit of Japanese, Chinese and Thai, thrown in.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Try Salvadoran food. We have one here that's so authentic, the old ladies who run the store, take orders, etc. don't speak a word of English, but you if you can figure out the menu, you're in for a great meal. A ton of the Salvadoran workers in town go there for lunch.

They've got this thing called a papusa. It's like a pancake with stuff inside, like meat and cheese. Esta muy bueno.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
I had steak and kidney pie and a pint of Guiness on King's Row once. Delicious.

Glad you like Guinness . :)

2625348212_54810f0216.jpg

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I prefer Irish and English fare for the 'food of home' or as 'comfort food'; shepherd's pie, bangers and mash, black pudding. Although, out in here in the Prairie, we've a 'twist' on the pasty recipe: bison as the meat of choice in lieu of lamb or beef! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,487.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I love Mexican. I imagine what we get here is not all that authentic, but it's often my preferred choice if we're going out (I love spicy food).

As far as I'm concerned there had better be nachos in heaven.

I've never eaten Japanese . o_O

In my humble opinion, you're not missing much. Fish (too much of it raw), miso soup, green tea... not my thing.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,857.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It has been a while since I was in Oz, as in the last time they hosted the world cup of Rugby. I do not remember any Mexican food of any kind. I do remember 'Tasty Cheese'. Yes that was the actual name of it. Considering the place cheese plays in Mexican food a Mexican-Oz fusion could be very interesting and good.

I'm in So Cal so I have every form of Mexican imaginable including Mexican-Healthfood fusion.

Upvote 0