How far back?

Jimmy P

Love me or Hate me, You'll never forget me...
Apr 20, 2013
The Hearts of My Loved Ones
✟138,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This probably won't be believed but found we go back (Mom's Side) to around 1500 BC....
Here's how...was tracing my Mom's maiden name of Moore...which we got back to O'More or O'Morda, something like that and there was a guy in Ireland named Connor O'More or O'Morda..you might be able to google it...it's around 1158 I believe...I guess he was big in Ireland...and through him, you can get back to 1500 BC, where some of the males married Pharoah's daughters...
It's on a few sites, can't remember which right now...we learned of this probably last May or June I believe...

If it helps, check my one dude, James Fitzpatrick Moore from Dublin...then get to Connor O'More/O'Morda, something along those lines and you'll run into it...

Upvote 0
B

BlueLioness

Well, if I were to make a tree I would start with my two sisters, Adrienne Renee Roberts and Christina Nicole Roberts, and then me, who is Jacqueline Deane Roberts. We're all currently alive and well.

Next I would include my mother, and she is Catherine Ann Roberts Hitchock, and then my father who is Bobby Gerald Roberts

...then after him my two grandfathers who are both dead. One of my grandmothers is dead, so is my great-great grandmother. I have one surviving grandmother, she is Margaret Collier.

My Grandmother has this story that I'm related to Queen Mary of Scots. I don't know how reliable that is, though.

But there are Native American chiefs in my family going back on my father's side. One of them is called Chief Eagle Plume. I did do research on him online, apprently he's from the 1500s.

He was apparently Powhatan/Pamunke, and was the Chief of the Iroquois Nation.

http://www.geni.com/people/Chief-Eagle-Plume/6000000002381991350

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=102008786

I have no idea of the history of the other chieftan ancestors. I have no idea where they lived when they were alive, or if they were kind or cruel as rulers to their people and tribes.

I have tracked a young man who may be related to me via Chief Eagle Plume's line. I have yet to contact this perosn and ask him about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

BlueLioness

This probably won't be believed but found we go back (Mom's Side) to around 1500 BC....
Here's how...was tracing my Mom's maiden name of Moore...which we got back to O'More or O'Morda, something like that and there was a guy in Ireland named Connor O'More or O'Morda..you might be able to google it...it's around 1158 I believe...I guess he was big in Ireland...and through him, you can get back to 1500 BC, where some of the males married Pharoah's daughters...
It's on a few sites, can't remember which right now...we learned of this probably last May or June I believe...

If it helps, check my one dude, James Fitzpatrick Moore from Dublin...then get to Connor O'More/O'Morda, something along those lines and you'll run into it...

You want to give ancestry dot com a shot?

Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History Records at Ancestry.com

Upvote 0

Jimmy P

Apr 20, 2013
✟138,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it was a place called rootsweb or something like that...I would have to go to the library to use the free ancestry site...not much time for that...

BUT, there is the free site www.familysearch.org
Just rounding up all the info and having more time to devote to it...thanx :)

Upvote 0

Jimmy P

Apr 20, 2013
✟138,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you familiar with findagrave dot com? I have found some family there...have made some Memorials...

Definitely ask your Dad...he may be able to help you with quite a few names on his Dad and Mom's side...hope that goes well for you...

Upvote 0