How do you set up an app to roam CF; for an android smartphone?

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Tech guy's (and gal's);:wave:

I have a friend that is trying to get their android smartphone to see CF without using their internet browser; saying it is hard to roam CF or see alerts.

I only use a PC to log into CF; so not even sure why a browser doesn't work well on a mobile phone;

so if you would; could you explain the steps to getting the app like you were talking to a child (me) so I can tell the adult (them) how to do it?:D Thanks!:)

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The only App I know of is an actual browser but perhaps they can try different ones. On my phone using Chrome there isn't this option but most browsers and sites allow you to go to the bottom of the page and choose a regular site visit (like visit normal site or something similar) as opposed to a mobile version which often is harder to use.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only App I know of is an actual browser but perhaps they can try different ones. On my phone using Chrome there isn't this option but most browsers and sites allow you to go to the bottom of the page and choose a regular site visit (like visit normal site or something similar) as opposed to a mobile version which often is harder to use.

I've heard it called "Tapatalk" from Google for an android phone. I looked it up:

Tapatalk Inc. - Android Apps on Google Play

They have a browser; I don't know which one; but must be the generic phone browser for android.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I use an iPhone exclusively and every browser I’ve used works fine on CF. I stick with Safari because I like its bookmarks best. Chrome, Firefox (which my sock uses), and various other ones work well on my device. I’ve accessed it using the Silk browser on my Kindle, and hadn’t noticed any issues.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I use an iPhone exclusively and every browser I’ve used works fine on CF. I stick with Safari because I like its bookmarks best. Chrome, Firefox (which my sock uses), and various other ones work well on my device. I’ve accessed it using the Silk browser on my Kindle, and hadn’t noticed any issues.

My friend has an Android phone; and all she knows is it is the default browser. Is there a browser that is easy to use for a non-technical person?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
My friend has an Android phone; and all she knows is it is the default browser. Is there a browser that is easy to use for a non-technical person?
Chrome would be the default. And I’ve not had issues with it. So I’m not sure what problems she’s encountering.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chrome would be the default. And I’ve not had issues with it. So I’m not sure what problems she’s encountering.

Well; she is off-line right now till tomorrow; she just said it was hard to see the forums on CF and know when someone PM's her. She may not have her email alerts set right; I'll have to check with her when she gets on tomorrow.

Upvote 0