I couldn't find an Orthodox Calendar mobile app to my liking, so decided to make one

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Could you please share the other resources you mentioned? We're working on the calendar right now and won't switch to any other projects at this time but it would be very helpful to keep as a reference as well as for my personal use.

Translations of liturgical texts are a whole separate subject unfamiliar to me. It's easy to navigate texts like Church Slavonic because that's the church I grew up in and the texts are pretty unified. But when it comes to English translations it's hard to tell which ones are actively used as I simply don't have enough experience and context, even though I'm fluent in English

You bet. Send me a PM and I will give you everything I can.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,091.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't see an option to message anyone. Could you send a PM to me if you know how to do that?
You probably haven't been posting on CF long enough to qualify to send personal messages yet. They had to implement certain restrictions due to people who were joining with the sole purpose of spamming people's inboxes.

From the rules:
You must have 20 posts and 5 likes in order to create and/or respond to existing Conversations (PMs).

You should have enough "likes" by now. Maybe you could have a look at a few threads in The Ancient Way and post your thoughts in order to get your post count up. Careful though, you might end up spending more time than you intend to on the forums ^_^

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't see an option to message anyone. Could you send a PM to me if you know how to do that?

I will send you a PM later today. I would do it sooner except I am feeling unwell.

God bless

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
He will need to make more posts before he can respond to your PM.

Well i feel really poorly anyway so if gets in touch with me in a day or two that would be ideal.

Upvote 0

ArseniusTheSilent

Site Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
Boston
✟423,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you could provide links here in this or a similar thread it would be much appreciated. I often find myself assuming I have links to all the reasonably decent links on the web for such liturgics (often not centrally organized on my laptop) and would enjoy having a more complete list. Some resources go offline and some are of higher quality than others.

Just a thought. :innocent:

Upvote 0