Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have found lifting one shirt up and the other down or using a nursing top draws far less attention than a blanket. As soon as you use a blanket...everyone in the whole store, restaurant etc KNOWS and will stare at you. Or at least that's how it is around here but then again I live where it's pretty rare for anyone to do.

Upvote 0

jazzbird

Senior Veteran
Mar 11, 2004
Wisconsin
✟19,741.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have found lifting one shirt up and the other down or using a nursing top draws far less attention than a blanket. As soon as you use a blanket...everyone in the whole store, restaurant etc KNOWS and will stare at you. Or at least that's how it is around here but then again I live where it's pretty rare for anyone to do.
That's always how I feel too. I feel much less conspicuous without trying to cover baby and me up.

Upvote 0

sparassidae

In Christ Alone
Apr 3, 2007
Sydney, Australia
✟18,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a skirt and shirt of any kind. Sometimes in the sling (if convenient, or while walking :) )

Something no one has mentioned is when they are 3-4 months or so and they start getting more curious of the world around them. One minute you're discreetly feeding, next minute the baby is leaning back, staring at everything, and you've got a breast out in the open, milk spurting everywhere ^_^

It always pays to be watching and with a hand on your shirt, ready to whip it back down if they pull off suddenly.

Learnt that one the hard way :D

Upvote 0

Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a skirt and shirt of any kind. Sometimes in the sling (if convenient, or while walking :) )

Something no one has mentioned is when they are 3-4 months or so and they start getting more curious of the world around them. One minute you're discreetly feeding, next minute the baby is leaning back, staring at everything, and you've got a breast out in the open, milk spurting everywhere ^_^

It always pays to be watching and with a hand on your shirt, ready to whip it back down if they pull off suddenly.

:D Sorry but I can so see my DS doing that.

Upvote 0

selune

Feb 3, 2004
✟17,896.00
Faith
Protestant

lol that is so true... ^_^ I was always just regular shirt and no blanket, the bras I wore were similar to the exercising bras.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like to use button up shirts, except I undo the bottom buttons and leave the top ones closed, much more discreet. I have had people not know bub was feeding at all, they thought bub was asleep and were concerned about sids because bubs face was in my chest (well yeah, bubs is feeding lol)

You can't see my stomach because bub in in the way, and you can't see around the sides because the shirt drapes down.

The one time I used a wrap over the top was because we were in a local park, I don't like doing that and can't imagine how people do that because it's fiddly and one might drop baby.

Upvote 0
J

Jemma

No. I wouldn't let him get hot. I didn't have a full heavy blanket on just a thin recieving blanket.

You can also use a light sheet too, if anyone feels the need to cover Bubs up a bit. I would just pull my shirt up, but would find a quiet, more private place to breastfeed.

I can't remember if I wrote it here or in another thread, but it's easier to relax and get a proper letdown when you're feeling comfortable, rather than wondering if strangers are going to gawk at you like they've only just discovered breasts have other purposes.

*raises hand* Must be Aussie babies :D I'm sure DD did that to me when she was a baby too! :doh: ^_^

Upvote 0

~Nikki~

aka northstar
Aug 13, 2004
England
✟12,047.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't get the sexual and vulgar thing at all.

It's natural!

Me either.

In Africa (near where hubby was born) the women don't wear tops at all for the most part, and the men there don't see it as a sexual thing at all.

I guess it's cultural, and fwiw I think it's a real shame that our 'culture' has taken the place of our God in deciding what's acceptable and natural, and what's not. :mad: Grrr!

Reactions: Naomi4Christ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Nikki~

aka northstar
Aug 13, 2004
England
✟12,047.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Lol!!!:D

I have also learnt this the hard way!:blush:

Now I just have one hand on my top ready to cover up the second he moves away.

Upvote 0