Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

what we do to fix something may make it worse

because you can't necessarily fix the karma

True. And sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

"The operation was a success. :)

Unfortunately the patient died." :(

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I see evil on the earth, it's always man's doing. But when I look at the creation alone, I see only evidence of God's benevolence toward us - the green grass, blue skies, birds chirping in the morning and crickets at night, trees and flowers. His intentions toward us are obviously good.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,333.00
Faith
Atheist
But when I look at the creation alone, I see only evidence of God's benevolence toward us - the green grass, blue skies, birds chirping in the morning and crickets at night, trees and flowers. His intentions toward us are obviously good
Cancer, parasites, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, venomous snakes, stinging insects, poison ivy ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cancer, parasites, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, venomous snakes, stinging insects, poison ivy ...

Christianity is also the only explanation I find for these things, via man's fallen condition. But the creation still contains the remnant of its initial and intended beauty.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Christianity is also the only explanation I find for these things, via man's fallen condition. But the creation still contains the remnant of its initial and intended beauty.

Arda Marred

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Other than having faith in the Bible, and religious tradition, is there any way to know that the biblical God is morally good? Based solely on observation, it’s far more logical to believe that God—if one even exists—is one of 3 possibilities:

1) Dualistic. Sometimes good, sometimes evil. Or possibly 2 gods—one good, and one evil, in constant struggle with each other.
2) Morally neutral and uninvolved.
3) Morally evil and deceptive.

Don't I have to find out what "the Good" is first before I apply an axiological evaluation to the God of the Bible?

download.jpeg

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Ah. So downgraded from "obviously good" to "remnant."

Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ah. So downgraded from "obviously good" to "remnant."

No, God's part is still "obviously good" but I won't deny man's impact on his creation. Last time I felt an earthquake under my feet it was due to fracking nearby. Last time I saw an article on cancer, it was about the Monsanto weed killer (or asbestos before that). Now we're dealing with a pandemic that may trace back to a bio lab. etc... etc...

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,333.00
Faith
Atheist
No, God's part is still "obviously good" but I won't deny man's impact on his creation. Last time I felt an earthquake under my feet it was due to fracking nearby. Last time I saw an article on cancer, it was about the Monsanto weed killer (or asbestos before that). Now we're dealing with a pandemic that may trace back to a bio lab. etc... etc...
And the earthquake under the ocean that caused a tsunami that kill a quarter of a million people? What man-made thing caused that? Poison Ivy? Hurricanes? Venomous snakes? All man-made?

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And the earthquake under the ocean that caused a tsunami that kill a quarter of a million people? What man-made thing caused that? Poison Ivy? Hurricanes? Venomous snakes? All man-made?

Not all man-made, but pretty descriptive of man when I consider Stalin, Lenin, Mao, Pol-Pot ... or even the hurtful gossip down the street.

Upvote 0