Western Pa
✟203,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's one of the ways you draw close to God ... And I just wonder how you do that.

It is written, Holy, Holy, Holy, is The Lord God Almighty.I am here to testify to you that this is so. If I were to tell you how I know that, it would not be believed, but yet it would be true. If I would tell you that His Holiness and Love penetrates every fiber of your being, would you believe me? Since I would not be believed, I will tell you this, I know that I am nothing, and He is all. I know that I am the least, the least worthy to receive the measure of grace that I have been given. How can we not, humble ourselves when He alone is Holy. How can we not humble ourselves when we have been given free access to the Holiest of Holies, to His very ear. Sometimes, when I ask Him for something, I tell Him that I know that I am not even worthy to ask, but that I am going to ask anyway. He then makes what I have asked come to pass for He knows my heart and He knows I believe every word He has said. When there is a delay, then I go back again humbly, and say, but you said in your Word, and then it comes to pass. I tell you truly, that having faith pleases The Lord. Soon, The Lord is going to shake this world, I can not think of a better reason to start humbling ourselves before Him. Soon, we are all going to be spending a lot of time on our knees. Are we all ready for that?

Upvote 0

frettr00

Finding peace where I am
Aug 10, 2004
✟38,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Well humility is the opposite of pride so you're going to want to reduce your pride. One of the things I like about being Catholic is the sacrament of confession. It requires you to tell your worst sins to another person and can be a humbling experience.

Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Me too. Religion and politics make my anxiety level go up.
Can anxiety be harnessed and be made into positive energy, fear as well, I tend to really humble myself when these things happen though, first, before trying to harness them into positive energy of something that can be good...

Then people with anxiety might become like tweakers maybe...?

I mean, if we have to live with it, why not trying to turn it into something positive, like motivation, drive, ect... energy...

I wonder...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You confess your sins to God, and ask for forgiveness
in repentance,coming before God at an altar in front of everyone is humbling but needs to be done.

Upvote 0

Jakil

May 10, 2017
Petrich
✟2,226.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That's one of the ways you draw close to God ... And I just wonder how you do that.

There is an example.

Some monk, deeply humble and holy in life, who came to a monastery.
He entered the church to pray, and when the other brothers sat on Brother's dinner
of love, he sat down. Some of the brothers began to ask: "What does that do?
Here? "And they said to this monk," Get up and come out! "He got up and went out. Others from
The brothers were scared that this brother was cast out, and called him back. Without
He showed any sign of insult, he returned. Then one of the
The brothers asked him: "Tell us what you thought and what you felt when they drove you,
And then they called back? "He replied," I remembered that I was like a dog,
who comes out when they chase him, and when they call him he comes."

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can anxiety be harnessed and be made into positive energy, fear as well, I tend to really humble myself when these things happen though, first, before trying to harness them into positive energy of something that can be good...

I mean, if we have to live with it, why not trying to turn it into something positive, like motivation, drive, ect... energy...

I wonder...?

God Bless!

Anxiety goes when you learn to trust the Lord. When your trying to do everything in your own strength you worry. Jesus said in Matthew 6 'Do not worry'. I think he said it 3 times.

When it finally dawns on one that the Lord will take any situation and transform it into good in the end and that He can give joy in the midst of all one can hand concerns over before it gets to anxiety and say...

'Father I trust in you, thank you that you can use this situation for your purpose, thank you Lord that you can turn anything into a blessing, thank you God that You, the Creator of everything are with me in this and nothing is too big for you. That you can carry me through this and that I have no need to fear. For I can face anything in your strength, with your joy. Thank you for the peace and joy that are you freely give to all your children to sustain us through the hardest times. Thank you for your word which testifies to us of this and your love for those who walk your ways, trusting in You...'

In other words when this is fully understood anxiety becomes a choice. It's got two purposes after all, a decision to fight or flight. We either keep worrying and straining to figure it out on our own or give up control and trust God and concentrate on doing things step by step relying on Him to guide us right through His word and Spirit. Philippians 4:6-9 (Be careful for nothing is translated do not be anxious in other translations.)

Experiencing the freedom that all we need to do is the steps we ought but relying on His help and strength that everything will work out ok in the end. Even if someone was facing death because we would finally be before His Glory. Life on this Earth is fleeting compared to eternity. Not even a grain of sand on the beach. Any suffering we experience is a blink of the eye compared to that. Anxiety isn't the plan the Father has for us and a choice.

Yeah it will crop up. I had a panic attack a couple of days ago. It only lasted a minute because this lesson has been taught by God through experience and I was able to live out the above and have peace. I was still physically experiencing a bit of sadness but had a certain amount of joy too making the sadness a bittersweet experience and not something I wanted to escape from. I enjoyed resting in Him, my Protector and Father. Praise God.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Honoluluwindow

Sep 2, 2016
Hawaii
✟17,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Empty yourself before him...

Admit that you are not enough without him...

WAIT for him... :)

Seriously, just admitting to God you are not enough and need him is the best first step in my opinion.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i think walking humbly before God is realizing it all begins with Him and it is all about Him.

God has made our life rich. We have nothing to offer Him but love sand obedience, but that is everything He asks of us.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Saint Beloved
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I wonder...?

God Bless!
I dont know. Anxiety is tough to deal with. Myself, i pray and wait for the Lord during those times. I believe waiting on God is needed. Also, Its good to get out and do something positive, like a hobby or a job. Having too much free time on your hands isnt good for anxiety.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When I was in college a friend and I were struggling with different issues but decided to walk to the church and pray about both issues. In SS we had been talking about Moses taking off his shoes and standing on holy ground. When we got to the church we decided to take off our shoes and stand on holy ground. Before we made it half way down the aisle we were both on our knees because the presence of God was so strong it was the only thing we could do.

To answer the question...I remember that moment but even more so, I think about how holy God is and in that "take off my shoes" literal and figurative and there stand in His presence allowing Him to talk to me first.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think we do. I think God has to do it. I think it is impossible to humble yourself. I know the Bible says to humble yourself, but I don't know if it means you are to do it on your own, or if humbling yourself is actually asking God to do it for you.

At least, I can not do it myself, but God can humble me.

The preceding verses of James 4:10 talk about drawing nigh to Christ and submitting to Him, and be afflicted- to mourn. So maybe this is the way to humble ourselves.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To humble oneself one must do nothing! The minute you try to make yourself humble, you start believe that there is something you can do to make yourself humble and , therefore, deserving of the presence of God.

I say do nothing and in your soul say "Have mercy on me, a sinner" and just be.....available.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a person I need to forgive.

To quate Martin Luther King "I had a dream" Perhaps you have not heard His voice,but He certainly has been showing you something, over and over. Forgive them, for they no not what they do.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a person I need to forgive.
I thought you forgave me already......my posts werent that bad :p

And have you tried one of those fidgit spinner.....Ive been amazed at how long i go without thinking while looking at it spin.....

• Optimistic
Reactions: Saint Beloved
Upvote 0