catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me one of the key things that made me start becoming more humble was when reading in the gospels and starting to understand more and more of what was happening, starting to understand more in the things He said, the powerful things like not judging others, forgiving, doing to others as you would have them do to you, and starting to get how that these are the *only* things that really fix relationships, make real peace, and then my respect grew and grew, and I started getting how vastly more advanced He was than my best thoughts on my own, and then that moment when you start to really get it how He did so much for us even before we were reconciled..... The powerful compassion He showed was very humbling to me, and then He connected dots for me like this:
"And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
And I started realizing how serious it is, the need to be humble. Not just a good thing, but it's life or death.
And that put me in a place to be able to truly repent, and to pray sincerely for help to be more the way He wants me to be, like to be less judgemental. That was one. From the heart, that prayer. It worked.

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's one of the ways you draw close to God ... And I just wonder how you do that.
Submit to God's will. Submit to authority. Actively seek Prayer, Worship, Fellowship, and Scripture. There are verses in His Word to guide us. Personally, it's a work in progress...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It starts with a feeling with me. Normally disappointment that I haven't spent enough time with God, or disappointment that I acted irritable or upset someone. Or thought I knew it all and become proud.

Then I accept I really know nothing and God is the author of my faith and the One who can save me. That I can't earn it and I feel sombre. Not so much condemned or depressed. Just sober and reflective. I draw close to Him as my Father and Redeemer and teacher and get His peace but I sometimes I still feel a little down. I still struggle with not forgiving myself. (Not despair). Then I resolve that I will obey Him, trust in His wisdom not mine and read His word. I then remember not to mope and God see's my heart and that my pride has gone so I pray and do something useful. If its bed time I will pray and praise Him.

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I sing, meditate, dance and sit in the middle of the woods and breathe.

I immerse myself in praise and thanksgiving.

John 3:30
He must increase, I must decrease.

I also make sure I am serving others, no motives, no agenda, no expecting anything in return just serving.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What I do is stop listening to myself, quiet my own mind, and then God speaks
I find it helps when I have no dogmas or ideas I am stuck on, because truthfully, all the misconceptions I ever had in my life about God, or religions in general, came only from listening to religious people, and it wasn't until my healing that I decided to learn for myself ( With God's help, of course )

Upvote 0

eldios

May 12, 2017
San Franscisco
✟1,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
That's one of the ways you draw close to God ... And I just wonder how you do that.

It's impossible to humble yourself. That's already programmed to happen to all the chosen servants that are used to write and speak for our Creator. Once you hear the voice of God speaking directly into your mind, be prepared to be humiliated many times during the justification process until you learn that you are not in control of anything. Once you learn that, then God takes complete control of your mind and body for His own purpose to reveal His knowledge called Christ.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What I do is stop listening to myself, quiet my own mind, and then God speaks
I find it helps when I have no dogmas or ideas I am stuck on, because truthfully, all the misconceptions I ever had in my life about God, or religions in general, came only from listening to religious people, and it wasn't until my healing that I decided to learn for myself ( With God's help, of course )
Quieting my mind would be hard as I have anxiety.

• Prayers
Reactions: Saint Beloved
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you really wanna know, kiddo, "humbling oneself" in scripture generally referred to fasting the flesh down. This would cause your selfish nature, encouraged by the strength of the flesh, to begin taking a back seat to the things of the spirit.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you really wanna know, kiddo, "humbling oneself" in scripture generally referred to fasting the flesh down. This would cause your selfish nature, encouraged by the strength of the flesh, to begin taking a back seat to the things of the spirit.
Really? Didn't know that... Might do that.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Saint Beloved
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I also make sure I am serving others, no motives, no agenda, no expecting anything in return just serving.

Bottom line to let our Lord be effective, rule beside Him as king, and be truly free to love our Heavenly Father. (Servitude that flows out of love and compassion is the entrance into the Truth of All Living Reality!)

Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its done by sharing all your pain and guilt with God, in my opinion. Make Him your friend.

Upvote 0