JesusTaxiExpress

Oct 4, 2014
Buffalo, NY
✟8,632.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I had it for years and hardly ever posted...literally a handful of times over a few years....BUT, I was backsliding....Apparently , I must have been ashamed with the way I was living because since I've given my life back to the Lord about 2 months ago I've been on it almost everyday ! Most of what I post glorifies the Lord.

Upvote 0

beaverpond

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
✟8,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know what you mean, I primarily use it for my business, for the church and its different activities...and because I am the church's director for the Summer Youth Program and Commander for the Awana Youth Program. I am friended by almost all of the parents and leaders in the programs and I share with them any upcoming activities.

Upvote 0

PennineLady

Newer person.
Mar 10, 2015
Lancashire
✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like some of the support groups on there. Some of my favourite famous people share things on there as well. I joined a group for ex-students of my old high school. It's interesting to read other folks' memories of the place. It can be a good place to campaign and raise awareness of various issues.

I don't stay on there for too long though, as I'm worried about meeting the trolls that are active there. People can behave a bit differently from the safety of their computer screen.

Upvote 0

Truly1999

Jan 23, 2013
England
✟16,882.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Facebook is the best way to keep in touch with my family at all hours of the day and night, taking into account the different Time Zones. It's not that intrusive, so long as you adjust your Notification settings accordingly. I find it essential, since my brother and sister-in-law and their kids are working and living overseas at the moment. Email is so old, so limited and so out of step. Skype is great, but you can't use it as and when.

Yes, you get all the photos of coffee, dessert, breakfast, lunch, supper, dinner, snacks, etc etc. And the sharing of bizarre videos. And the comments upon comments upon photos. And the adverts. And the "Do you know so-and-so?". But... you also get the general snapshot of your family's life - if they know how to use Facebook properly. My elderly parents hardly ever update their status, my brother hardly ever posts or shares or comments. But my sister-in-law loves to share photos and videos of what they've been doing, which is nice to see.

So, yes to Facebook - long may it live!

Upvote 0

FreeSpirit74

Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior
Mar 15, 2006
Troy, NY temporarily displaced to Schenectady, NY
Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've been on FB since 2009. I can keep in contact with my family from far away (like following my two nephews' progress as x-country ski racers). I also use it to keep up with local and regional news stories, and for networking.

Reactions: Truly1999
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RainbowFriend

Aug 4, 2015
✟7,628.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is destroying my family.. My wife is on it all the time. Our 6 year old son has to repeat himself and Waite to get any time with her. I closed my page.wish she would stop and see the flesh and blood family that she is ignoring

John 3:16
Sadly, this is all too common. I recall watching a TV programmed a few years ago called 'The Curse of Facebook' or something like that. It showed how this 'wonderful' invention of social-media has provided a gateway for so many to find and or hook up with people they'd (in normal real-world time/life) have moved on from in their lives. Old boyfriends, school crushes, girlfriends, unhappy marrieds, etc would come out of the woodwork, satisfy their curiosity and hook up with people they knew years before. Affairs, clandestine meetings, secrecy and lies followed; along with the breakdown of their existing relationships. It was seen as an escape route for many unhappy or unfulfilled people. Sadly, they soon found they'd only gone from one unhappy situation to creating another that hurt themselves, their partners and children and the person they hooked up with. It was all just a sad mess. Even those praising it's ability to help them connect to distant relatives and friends seem oblivious to it's insidious hidden dangers. It eats up precious time with loved ones who are in the real world as they become obsessed in connecting with friends/others in a virtual world. It's crazy and IMO so sadly pathetic. Seems to appeal greatly to those who crave a feeling of importance or validation for low self-esteem. Also a great 'hideout' (ironically, less private than real-world interaction) for those lacking in social skills or social confidence: FB 'Likes' are craved, monitored, sought after through and after their postings of selfies, where I went, what's happening in my life right now, who loves me.....etc ad nauseum. Lord help us all. To me FB is a reflection of the world's self-focused attitude in a nutshell. It yells "Look, look, please look at me" and only offers a false sense of self-importance. That's my ten pennyworth.

Reactions: Just4Jesus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chad Farwell

the grand facade so soon will burn
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2015
My Own Little World...as Little as Yours
✟597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Some people like it, and some have a love/hate relationship with it. Others refuse to even be on there at all. What is your opinion on it. Do you have an account, why or why not? And do you think that you will continue to use FB in the future?
Any where you make yourself accesible to Love or Hate you will find both.

Upvote 0

heatedmonk

Salvations Math: 3 Nails + 1 Cross= 4 Given
Sep 20, 2015
✟2,498.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Some people like it, and some have a love/hate relationship with it. Others refuse to even be on there at all. What is your opinion on it. Do you have an account, why or why not? And do you think that you will continue to use FB in the future?
I have a moral objection to Facebook.
I think social media is bad overall.

Upvote 0

sisbarn70

Feb 27, 2015
Missouri
✟8,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I use Facebook less than most but more than I should probably. I often refer to it as the root of all evil. People will post things that they wouldn't discuss in person on their wall for all the world to see and then get mad when people disagree with them. I wonder sometimes if the culture today is so needy that having people hit the like button somehow gets tied to self esteem... well I really don't have to wonder about that when I hear people referring to the likes they've received on Facebook lol. Whatever happened to talking to people in person and noticing their reaction to gauge if they liked what you said?

Said the hypocrite posting in an online forum lol some days you have to pick your battles... Sigh

Upvote 0

pursuetruth

Aug 5, 2011
New York
✟8,052.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I do have an account, primarily to have an additional venue by which I can be in touch with my daughter. Sometimes I will get to see a photo or see that she went to an event, and though we are very close, she's a busy bee and doesn't tell me "everything" so it's nice to see what I'm missing, LOL. I also like Facebook because it has allowed me to re-connect with people I grew up with. The downside is that it's hard not to compare my life to others, wonder if they may be happier than I am...you know, that whole, "grass is always greener on the other side" nonsense. Also, a downside is that people who knew me as a young woman think they still know me, LOL. It gives a very false intimacy.

Upvote 0