Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
I do not use it. I am too private. Even with family and friends invited only, Facebook's security settings are more. In certain features, "friends of friends" can see some of my stuff. A couple of hacks, and you can see the whole account. If they let me control everything, like who sees my likes, who can respond (by groups) to my posts, better control over pictures, then maybe sure. I got too many things going on to update the world.

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I use Facebook like a newspaper while I pretend I'm not using Facebook. I pretend I'm too busy to use Facebook so I don't have to challenge my family who does the liking the most. It's like Christmas. Those that buy you the biggest present loves you the most. It's called love greed which makes the phoney heart that end with the corrupted heart that cause ailments.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟724,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I also like Facebook because it has allowed me to re-connect with people I grew up with. The downside is that it's hard not to compare my life to others, wonder if they may be happier than I am...you know, that whole, "grass is always greener on the other side" nonsense. Also, a downside is that people who knew me as a young woman think they still know me, LOL. It gives a very false intimacy.

I have found these things to be very true. While I am glad to get back in touch with some people from my past, I compare my life to theirs and think they are more successful than me, they have kids and I don't and they are always posting a pic of themselves doing fun things. So my life looks boring and frankly I feel like somewhat of a failure because they have good jobs and I'm on disability. So I look at it from time to time but I don't spend too much time on it. I use the messaging to keep in touch with a couple friends. If you put it on your phone it acts just like a text message but you don't have to give your number out. I don't post much besides some powerful videos that I come across, a petition I believe in or if I go somewhere fun or a go to a business I want to support. Besides that I don't do much. I sured on't Twitter much and I just got an instagram account though I'm not sure what it's for. It just looks like Facebook to me.

Upvote 0

Lutherisch

Mar 7, 2015
✟8,829.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Some people like it, and some have a love/hate relationship with it. Others refuse to even be on there at all. What is your opinion on it. Do you have an account, why or why not? And do you think that you will continue to use FB in the future?

It's an amusing time killer. I like it because I can keep in touch with people who live far away and it has several pages that touch on topics that interest me.

Upvote 0

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
I go on facebook and I do find it a great resource, I can catch up with people, advertise Church events and I've also had some pretty indepth conversations on there about my faith too. I'll also add I've had prayer requests and been able to support people who are grieving by interacting with them online and building a good relationship. So yeah, I know it has lots of 'issues' but on the whole, I find it beneficial.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CrossTheTaiga

Ad astra per aspera
Mar 14, 2006
Zaanstreek Waterland
Visit site
✟57,298.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I maintain a FBpage for my prayer group, I do not have a personal account. I'm not a fan of FB, though through all of it's superficialities and privacy nono's, it simple has a practical function of quickly connecting with people and organisations all over the world.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I maintain a FBpage for my prayer group, I do not have a personal account. I'm not a fan of FB, though through all of it's superficialities and privacy nono's, it simple has a practical function of quickly connecting with people and organisations all over the world.
I agree and like what you said because it is what people do with it that is important and much good and edification can be found on FB if it is used in that way.

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟61,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people like it, and some have a love/hate relationship with it. Others refuse to even be on there at all. What is your opinion on it. Do you have an account, why or why not? And do you think that you will continue to use FB in the future?

Facebook used to be fun. However, it has become a dangerous place. A place where the Left seems to rule by mob mentality. It's okay for a black lady to stand with a blow horn in the middle of the street, cursing, demanding that white people give her their money, and telling people they need to start killing white people...but a white teacher's aid calls Michelle Obama a gorilla and hundreds assemble to harass her school district until they fire her--then celebrate. Mind you, I do not condone racist things, but it seems like if you say anything that can be twisted around, you can lose your job and become unemployable. People who like to do witch hunts and take-downs maintain that there is freedom of speech but there are also consequences for that freedom. The other day some guy near the Dakota Pipe Line made a joke (in bad taste) about the protesters being rounded up and drowned. And people get excited and demand he gets fired.

The point is this---it's okay for some people to say whatever they want, but others who speak any kind of opinions--usually conservative or Christian, get banned, or harassed, or publicly shamed, and fired from their jobs. When you read the comments below the stories, the mentality that some people have is just disturbing. I don't comment anymore at all. I'm afraid of being put on blast. Now, I don't say racist or inappropriate stuff, but I'm paranoid that my words can be misconstrued. A year ago a teacher commented how he thought children today were only interested in playing or their phones and fighting, rather than learning. For whatever reason, a Black Lives Matter activist got it in his head that the man was talking about black kids, so he gathered up a posse and protested until the man was forced to resign. And the jerk wouldn't even meet with the teacher to talk it out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

*LILAC

Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟450,855.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've completely erased my facebook account as a new year's resolution. Deleted everything and everyone and doing very well without all the extra stress! I've even lost some weight this year! Will I go back to it? I don't know. If I do this well without it, why bother with it? I'm tired of seeing things that one just cannot unsee. No matter who you block or unfollow, it still has other "friends" reposting things you are trying to get away from. To put it bluntly, eliminating facebook has done much more for me than to keep an account open. I feel loads lighter without it. :)

• Agree
Reactions: SpiritofaDove
Upvote 0