Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Meta's Facebook, Messenger and Instagram are down worldwide, leaving hundreds of thousands of users unable to access the social media platforms.

A source inside Facebook told DailyMail.com that the company's internal systems were also down, which may have led to Tuesday's outage.

Too early for speculation obviously, but any chance this could be some nefarious outside actors causing a little turmoil on Super Tuesday? (Not sure if FB still does the polling location assistance and voting reminders like they used to)

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Meta's Facebook, Messenger and Instagram are down worldwide, leaving hundreds of thousands of users unable to access the social media platforms.

A source inside Facebook told DailyMail.com that the company's internal systems were also down, which may have led to Tuesday's outage.

Too early for speculation obviously, but any chance this could be some nefarious outside actors causing a little turmoil on Super Tuesday? (Not sure if FB still does the polling location assistance and voting reminders like they used to)
Oh the horror. Whatever shall we do?

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Whoever is responsible did a good deed whether he intended to or not.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

State of play: "At this time, we are not aware of any specific election nexus nor any specific malicious cyber activity nexus to the outage, but we are aware of the incident and the global scope of it," a senior Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) official told Axios' Sam Sabin.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My Facebook account is working. I definitely don't do politics on there. To many crazies, when it comes to politics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My Facebook account is working. I definitely don't do politics on there. To many crazies, when it comes to politics.
Neither do I...

However, I do know more than a few people who use various platforms (with Meta products being a few legs of the stool) for their small businesses. Primarily for things like appointment bookings and customer service type stuff.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's the AI hacking everyone i tells you
They had to get out a presser pretty quick because evidently when 100,000 people all get a message that says "you've been logged out", the first thing everyone thinks is they got hacked lol.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whoever is responsible did a good deed whether he intended to or not.
If it turns out it was just an employee oversight of some sort, someone (or some team) of people is likely no longer employed at Meta.

It takes a pretty big "whoopsie" to manage to take down a major platform globally.

Apparently enough people were worried about it (and the fact that it seemed so odd and so large-scale), that, per Reuters, the White House National Security Council was monitoring the situation and requesting status updates.

"Hey Joe Developer, what did you just update?...I ask because there's over a million people who can't get in and the White House is on the phone" is probably not the call any tech guy wants to get lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums