How do you feel about climate change? Is it affecting our world negatively?

If it is, can we reverse it?

• yes

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • no

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • It's a farce

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The climate is changing, but it's not man made

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • The climate is always changing

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Of course we should not pollute, but the climate is under God's control

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • the devastation of the planet is man made

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Every energy production program has problems and benefits. It also depends on where you use it. You’ll have to weight the problems against the benefits in each area you change energy production. Throwing up your hands and complaining isn’t going to work anymore. Now we’re down to the wire and we have to do something. This is one reason I’m not going to vote for a single republican because all they’re doing , at best , is stalling and obstructing

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
LOL... the entire grid and every apparatus, that has a circuit board, can be halted and turned into scarp metal with an EMP. That means lawn mowers, cell phones, fridges, dishwashers, stoves, coffee makers, cars, boats, furnaces and A/C units.... not that they would be much good as the entire grid would be down anyway....
.... Nuclear can be sabotaged... so can anything else...

Wind and solar are not efficient enough and we cannot afford it.. the economy will not support it.

Gas is fine, we have technology to keep it clean.

Go Hydro and you have all the tree huggers telling you that you cannot do it...
This is the reason why we cannot halt climate change. The economic ramification of shutting down cheap forms of electricity generation such as coal fired power stations.

The governments around the world all have the same problem. It is an economic problem which they cannot address.

They want to get rid of dirty electricity generation but they can't because they need that reliable base power load. That is the problem for which there is no real solution.

Deforestation has also not helped the problem
of climate change.

Tough, a tough truth to accept that climate change is a fact and we cannot stop it now.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Every energy production program has problems and benefits. It also depends on where you use it. You’ll have to weight the problems against the benefits in each area you change energy production. Throwing up your hands and complaining isn’t going to work anymore. Now we’re down to the wire and we have to do something. This is one reason I’m not going to vote for a single republican because all they’re doing , at best , is stalling and obstructing
A wasted vote.

The governments hands are tied, the economy has top billing.

They cannot forcefully act on climate change as the consequences for the economy are deadly.

It's business as usual, maximize profit, diversify your investments, live your life to the fullest.

Even if your government acted on climate change no one else is going to act. Full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah. When I say minor frustration, it means that I wouldn't break fellowship over a disagreement on this.
My minister denied climate change and like you I ignored his uninformed opinion. For exactly the same reason, fellowship!

Yet the OP is not about whether any Christian fellowship breaks down. The OP concerns the reality of climate change and what you think about that.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think that is what the majority of people around the world do everyday. Very few people would appreciate the subtle changes in their local climate and be even more oblivious to changes worldwide.

The truth is that nearly all governments around the world are doing next to nothing about climate change. These governments are following an agenda and that is an economic agenda, not an environmental agenda.

The USA ignores climate change and rightly so.

The USA cannot act on climate change as the effect on it's economy would be catastrophic.

Donald Trump is not for action on climate change.

Nuclear power generation is a very expensive source of power.

The fact is that climate change is irreversible because the third world is developing rapidly.

The science of climate change is beyond debate.

No one can stop the climate changing and we never could stop it.
Nuclear is not expensive..

The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) has forecast of the cost of electrical “energy” from Nov 1, 2014 to Oct 31, 2015 based on existing supply contracts will be:
Hydroelectric:4.8 cents/kWh
Nuclear:6.2 cents/kWh
Wind: 12.3 cents/kWh
Natural Gas:16.0 cents/kWh(low capacity factor/peak service)
Bio-energy:19.8 cents/kWh
Solar:47.4 cents/kWh

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What happens if your wrong?

What happens if the vast majority of Governments around the world are wrong. Given that they are trying to ignore climate change?

The climate is changing and that cannot be denied by anyone who bothers to do the research.
If we're wrong? God is in control... I am a good steward of the land... I do not trust any government that taxes it's civilians to combat such a concept.

Yes, climate is changing... always has been, always will... It will get warmer... it will get colder...

What we should be doing is building TV's that last like they used to, not 5 years. Laundry machines that last 25 years not 10. Appliances that can be repaired.. not tossed out because the circuit board replacement costs more than a new machine.
A broken coffee carafe will cost more to replace than a new machine...

Everything is throw away.... Don't see any political debates on that now do Ya?

• Winner
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nuclear is not expensive..

Energy-Costs-Per-kWh-in-Ontario.svg
I heard that nuclear is the most expensive electricity generation to get up and running. Not the cost of the electricity generation itself.

The cost of constructing a nuclear power station is the real cost, not generating the power.

There is also the greatly amplified security concerns associated with terrorism and nuclear reactors.

We are warming to the idea of small nuclear power stations and that may be the only solution in the end. But what a dangerous method of power generation.

We cannot really trust private enterprise to run the nuclear facilities, eventually they will cut costs and increase profit. You of course know full well what comes next.

These nuclear facilities all need to be govt run.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Here's a link for you. I don't agree or disagree with it. I haven't read it. I just thought it might be of interest:

Liveleak.com - Expert Destroys Climate change hoax in 3 minutes.
This guy makes sense... there are many many factors that contribute to the temperature and overall climate of this earth... He is speaking logical and, to what I have said already.. it takes courage to go out today and contradict the masses on any scientific subject.... That's why I would put some belief into his views... if nothing else.

• Agree
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If we're wrong? God is in control... I am a good steward of the land... I do not trust any government that taxes it's civilians to combat such a concept.
You forgot that God left us in control to manage this planet. The owner of the vineyard has gone away for a while.
Yes, climate is changing... always has been, always will... It will get warmer... it will get colder...
Slightly warmer every year and even the ocean is warming. How do I know this? Because we are losing the Great Barrie Reef to warm water bleaching events.
What we should be doing is building TV's that last like they used to, not 5 years.
We live stream on mobile phones now television is caveman technology.
Laundry machines that last 25 years not 10. Appliances that can be repaired.. not tossed out because the circuit board replacement costs more than a new machine.
The factories that build in a life span for an appliance do it for profit and employment. Lot's of people earn a living from that inbuilt shorter life span of appliances. Not to mention the retailers, govt sales taxes, e.t.c.
A broken coffee carafe will cost more to replace than a new machine...
Throwing away old appliances is a necessary evil in a global economy.
Everything is throw away.... Don't see any political debates on that now do Ya?
We need to throw away everything and keep consuming, otherwise all our economies will shut down.

The age old problem is the economic reality that we must accept. We must consume.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
All true of course but underneath all that scientific speculation is the hard truth of climate change.

I disagree with a lot of science but not with the fundamental climate record from the last fifty years.

Climate change cannot be denied.
The climate record of the last 50 years? You mean my life time? You want to base the hysteria of all the world on a snapshot of 50 years? Even when, in 1974 they were predicting an ice age.... I have no faith in them at all....

It has only been in the last century that they have had thermometers that can measure accurately enough to even begin to notice an "average" temperature of the globe... Historic numbers cannot do that...

Plus... many of the NOAA weather stations are near Air conditioner outlets that blast hot air.. or in the middle of parking lots that also show higher than ambient temperatures..... They are not to be trusted.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I heard that nuclear is the most expensive electricity generation to get up and running. Not the cost of the electricity generation itself.

The cost of constructing a nuclear power station is the real cost, not generating the power.

There is also the greatly amplified security concerns associated with terrorism and nuclear reactors.

We are warming to the idea of small nuclear power stations and that may be the only solution in the end. But what a dangerous method of power generation.

We cannot really trust private enterprise to run the nuclear facilities, eventually they will cut costs and increase profit. You of course know full well what comes next.

These nuclear facilities all need to be govt run.
I believe that the cost per Kwh includes the start up and running of the energy..

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have a gas stove:)
I have a propane range, propane hot water, propane furnace and propane bbq.... Bet that those forest fires contributed more than the whole continent of gas burners for decades.

Upvote 0

-Sasha-

Handmaid of God
Apr 12, 2019
Midwest
✟27,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know whether man-made climate change is real, but in either case I don't see any issue with trying to preserve the environment. I like old trees, fresh air, clean water, diverse animal life, rich soil, and nutritious fruits and vegetables & would like to see them all protected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The climate record of the last 50 years? You mean my life time? You want to base the hysteria of all the world on a snapshot of 50 years? Even when, in 1974 they were predicting an ice age.... I have no faith in them at all....

It has only been in the last century that they have had thermometers that can measure accurately enough to even begin to notice an "average" temperature of the globe... Historic numbers cannot do that...

Plus... many of the NOAA weather stations are near Air conditioner outlets that blast hot air.. or in the middle of parking lots that also show higher than ambient temperatures..... They are not to be trusted.
The last fifty years of temperature recording have been very accurate. Even with only fifty years of data the rise in temperature is beyond debate.

We have weather stations out in the countryside and they are not affected by air conditioning or car parks.

You are in denial.

What's does it feel like to deny reality?

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you know if every person was buried side by side lying down, 7 billion + people would only need an area half the size of New Hampshire in the US. Yet we think we need so much land to sustain our habits.

I live in NH.

Please let’s not do that.

• Haha
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know whether man-made climate change is real, but in either case I don't see any issue with trying to preserve the environment. I like old trees, fresh air, clean water, diverse animal life, rich soil, and nutritious fruits and vegetables & would like to see them all protected.
In that case you need to stop mankind building bigger and bigger cities. You need to reduce the world's population as that is what is creating the demand for the resources.

Farms cause deforestation.

Growing populations need to be fed.

You can of course see why the forests in Brazil and around the world are decreasing.

Have you ever seen aerial pictures of cities around the world?

What you will notice is the lack of grass and trees. Cities have there very own climate that is around four degrees above the outer countryside.

People tell me that they don't believe in climate change. I believe that mankind is destructive and insane.

Upvote 0

-Sasha-

Handmaid of God
Apr 12, 2019
Midwest
✟27,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In that case you need to stop mankind building bigger and bigger cities. You need to reduce the world's population as that is what is creating the demand for the resources.

Farms cause deforestation.

Growing populations need to be fed.

You can of course see why the forests in Brazil and around the world are decreasing.

Have you ever seen aerial pictures of cities around the world?

What you will notice is the lack of grass and trees. Cities have there very own climate that is around four degrees above the outer countryside.

People tell me that they don't believe in climate change. I believe that mankind is destructive and insane.
I'm fine with letting nature retake all the cities, however none of these things are within my control.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.